20y Male, Insane Results On Hairline, Hope For Young Recession.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!
Just going to give you guys a update, for people looking for results like this.

(scroll down for all pictures) You can see the right and the left corner. The right corner got the best results, because of deeper receding then left.

I'm only 6 months in the treatment and have responded well with finasteride and minoxidil. But there is a catch. I'm going to quit treatment because it's too expensive to a student at my age. Proscar is cheap, but i got little side-effects that i kinda hate ( loss of morning wood, and libido, maybe 70-80% erection strength, and acne. )The minoxidil is so f*****g expensive in my country, it's too costly...

I hope the receding stops, and maybe I'll just be stuck at norwood 2- 2.5. (same hair loss pattern as my father)

But i made this thread to show it's possible to regrow the hairline, it's hope if you catch it early and can afford the treatment and don't get sides.

Thanks!

Last edited:

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey have you experienced any sides and be honest ?
Yes, but don't worry, I'm not a hypochondriac. The sides i wrote I've experienced, especially more acne than usual. My libido is a little reduced, and weaker erections. I'm off 1 week now, and feeling better already.

I could live with the side effects easy, and would probably go away. But since I'm quitting minoxidil, I'll quit finasteride to.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Terrible, terrible logic. finasteride is the only thing saving you from balding. Save yourself the regret and stay on it, then pick minoxidil back up when it becomes more economical. If you responded well once, you'll respond just as well again... Unless you allow the balding to progress by quitting finasteride, that is. Another option is to microdose the minoxidil. Just taper back to .5 ml a day. That should hold your gains in place and potentially allow them to continue. There are options man.. Use your head.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Terrible, terrible logic. finasteride is the only thing saving you from balding. Save yourself the regret and stay on it, then pick minoxidil back up when it becomes more economical. If you responded well once, you'll respond just as well again... Unless you allow the balding to progress by quitting finasteride, that is. Another option is to microdose the minoxidil. Just taper back to .5 ml a day. That should hold your gains in place and potentially allow them to continue. There are options man.. Use your head.

"Balding" is a kinda harsh word to use. I can ask you why you are scaremongering because using "balding" when young people are receding is trying to introduce fear. A lot of people recede, and not become bald. I see this alot on this forum, every guy is like "hey guys am i receding" and the response " YES U ARE OMG GET ON finasteride AND minoxidil BEFORE YOU LOSE ALL YOUR f*****g HAIR".

Thanks for your advice, i'll actually consider that. I'll maybe try to lower the dose of finasteride and check if the side-effects wean away. But if something is stopping me from humping women, i'll quit lol.

Hairambe

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you been off and on finasteride before ? I used it for 6 months and quit how long you think side effects will dissapear bro?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
You have significant recession and miniaturization at the hairline and you're only 20. You have male pattern baldness. Receding, balding, it's the same thing man. I'm not here to coddle people with vague terminology that makes them feel better about their situation. You need the truth so you can act on it. You're losing your hair due to male pattern baldness. Call it whatever you want, but, if you quit finasteride, you'll be at least Norwood 3 by 23. Mark my word.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro check haden other post , and see his pictures, no way he will be Norwood 3 by age 23 . But he needs to stay on fian to keep his hair .

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have significant recession and miniaturization at the hairline and you're only 20. You have male pattern baldness. Receding, balding, it's the same thing man. I'm not here to coddle people with vague terminology that makes them feel better about their situation. You need the truth so you can act on it. You're losing your hair due to male pattern baldness. Call it whatever you want, but, if you quit finasteride, you'll be at least Norwood 3 by 23. Mark my word.

Yes, i have male pattern balding. I understand good what you are saying, but hair loss comes in different patterns. I'm not disagreeing with you that I'm losing my hair. But i have checked with my family history of balding, and my uncles, father, and mother's father is losing the hair at 20-25 year age, but they are in Norwood 3 at age 40-50, and i think i'll follow the same pattern, or maybe not. I really don't want to lose my hair of course, but i do face reality too. You made me reconsider to try finasteride longer, but the side-effects are real, and they are not fun.

Thanks for helping me and giving me your expertise.

Last edited:

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you been off and on finasteride before ? I used it for 6 months and quit how long you think side effects will dissapear bro?
I don't know mate, im not off it, i have just lowered the dose to 0.5. I actually feel a rise in libido, maybe its nocebo, or not. I can't say how the medicine functions on you.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but don't worry, I'm not a hypochondriac. The sides i wrote I've experienced, especially more acne than usual. My libido is a little reduced, and weaker erections. I'm off 1 week now, and feeling better already.

I could live with the side effects easy, and would probably go away. But since I'm quitting minoxidil, I'll quit finasteride to.

Your sides sound exactly like mine. 70-80% erections, no morningwood, no random boners, watery semen, less semen volume, I could go on if I wanted.
I can't say much because acne, in fact my acne is flaring up worse than ever and I'm off finasteride so I dunno... Altho I used to think that finasteride made my acne worse but maybe that wasn't the case.

haden1212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your sides sound exactly like mine. 70-80% erections, no morningwood, no random boners, watery semen, less semen volume, I could go on if I wanted.
I can't say much because acne, in fact my acne is flaring up worse than ever and I'm off finasteride so I dunno... Altho I used to think that finasteride made my acne worse but maybe that wasn't the case.

Hey! Sorry for a little wrong info, but I'm not 100% off finasteride. I've reduced the dosage to 0.5. But yes, i think those side-effects are pretty common. It's not that bad, but you can "feel" it. It's a hard choice. I really want my libido 100%, but i don't want to lose hair either. Hard choice...

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Sorry for a little wrong info, but I'm not 100% off finasteride. I've reduced the dosage to 0.5. But yes, i think those side-effects are pretty common. It's not that bad, but you can "feel" it. It's a hard choice. I really want my libido 100%, but i don't want to lose hair either. Hard choice...

I'm starting to think that most of the non sexual side effects were either placebo or not related to finasteride. But the sexual side effects were definitely related to finasteride.

It's an extemely hard choice and myself being 3+ month off finasteride I miss my hair so much. Before I quit I tols myself I'm gonna man the f*** up and not give a damn and just buzz it, but once you see how people and especially women perceive you as a baldy, you start to see things differently and you get a good reality check, and now all the posts I ever read coming from NW4+ start to make sense.

So give 0.5mg a try before you quit. Best of luck.