20M. Im sick of people not taking my baldness serious in here

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everytime i post pictures of my hairline,in order to hear a real feedback and advice,people will say i have BDD,its ALL in my Head and that im not balding...

Now look at these pictures:

I am at norwood 2 with diffuse thinning at the temples. My crown looks Fine still,but imma Hop on finasteride before my crown starts thinning...

My brother IS 32yo and he IS a NW3 WITH diffuse thinning at front. My dad was a NW3 in his 30's as well. How can i feel hopeful and don't mind it at all,when my family history points to It? Im really sad,anxiety has never been worse than ever.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures of my hairline at the age of 16(2016). What do you think? Receded?

Looks pretty similar, but in the first post it does sorta look like you're thinning and considering your family history treatment isn't a bad idea. Ending up with a gnarly receded hairline with thinning is not fun, trust me.

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty similar, but in the first post it does sorta look like you're thinning and considering your family history treatment isn't a bad idea. Ending up with a gnarly receded hairline with thinning is not fun, trust me.
Yes It sucks. I Will start treatments. Diffuse thinning is a curse. With dry hair,i even forget i have androgenic alopecia,but when It gets a bit greasy i can see thru my scalp. Do you think finasteride only will do the job?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes It sucks. I Will start treatments. Diffuse thinning is a curse. With dry hair,i even forget i have androgenic alopecia,but when It gets a bit greasy i can see thru my scalp. Do you think finasteride only will do the job?
OP, you've been posting here for very long, did you go to a dermatologist.

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, you've been posting here for very long, did you go to a dermatologist.
I havent yet bro,due to the pandemic. However,i wont ever use minoxidil,because of the commitment plus having to use every f*****g day. Also,the fact that you lose all your gains If you stop sounds very tough. Do you think finasteride alone will work for me?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think so, your hair loss isn't severe and it doesn't sound like you have super aggressive balding genes. (I'm not on finasteride yet btw).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Since you have a strong family history and concerned, I think you should start with finasteride topically since you suffer from depression. Actually, you would be best to go with a finasteride-minoxidil topical. You can get it online. I started treatment when my hair looked similar to yours.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
take finasteride if youre that scared from hairloss.

it will help you feel a lot better about your future and it will calm your anxiety

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent yet bro,due to the pandemic. However,i wont ever use minoxidil,because of the commitment plus having to use every f*****g day. Also,the fact that you lose all your gains If you stop sounds very tough. Do you think finasteride alone will work for me?

You also have to stay on that 24/7...
And it gave me testicle pain and erection problems when I used it in the past in my 20's, before my hair loss was severe.

I wouldn't take that sh*t, unless you want to risk the truly terrible side effects.

A shorter hairstyle, hair transplant, hair system,SMP or shave it.
Are much better options.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Br aqui tbm. Parece que vc sempre teve uma testa alta mesmo. Mas da pra ver diffuse thinning na primeira foto sim. Mas não acho que vc é NW2

Mas como tem histórico, vale a pena tentar

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean by this forum being horrible. When I posted my first post I literally had people try to diagnose me online as mentally ill...

There's disagreement, and then there's being a nuisance. I think the moderators need to just get rid of them.

As for help, I'm currently trying to get help atm. I've talked to my GP and got a dermatologist referral.

A combination of finasteride and minoxidil has had millions of successful users. But when I asked my GP he said it's not an option, because I'm coasting on low testosterone. The drugs basically sunders your testosterone and would be unmanageable for me.

But perhaps finasteride/minoxidil would be applicable for your situation? It's worth asking your doctor/GP.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He also said topical creams aren't damaging like the oral versions of the drug are - And... over-the-counter.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He also said topical creams aren't damaging like the oral versions of the drug are - And... over-the-counter.
Then I'm fucked. Anything topical makes my skin suffer, even keto if I use it more than twice a week.

A colleague of mine uses minoxidil and I made the test putting it on my skin during the morning. I let it there and by mid day my skin was already burning. When I checked again at night it was bloody red. It was insane. Imagine if I had put it on my scalp