2019 Consensus Of Setipiprant? Does It Work, Is It Worth It, When Can We Expect It Mainstream?

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LouisSarkozy
I don't know. The specific role of prostaglandins in the cascade of processes leading to fibrosis is not clear to me.

Just came across some sources mentioning negative effect of PGD2 on inflammation (it probably precedes fibrosis). And that his counterparts, PGE/PGF2, have anti-fibrotic properties. As mentioned in many researches: "Prostaglandin E2 inhibits profibrotic function of human pulmonary fibroblasts by disrupting Ca2+ signaling", "Reversal of Myofibroblast Differentiation by Prostaglandin E2", etc.

Would be nice to clarify this point. Especially the linkage between PGD2 and TGFb. The last one is definitely the bad guy, provoking fibrosis. Here is more about the fibrosis itself:

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti doesnt work you losers. Use Ceterzine, its cheap and works the best out of the pgd2 inhibitors with no/limited sides.
Thanks B ))

Do you administer it for yourself?
Could you briefly describe the protocol?
Do you use anything except Cetirizine?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see there was a clinical trial on it some time ago
Is there a company currently working on this?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LouisSarkozy
I don't know. The specific role of prostaglandins in the cascade of processes leading to fibrosis is not clear to me.

Just came across some sources mentioning negative effect of PGD2 on inflammation (it probably precedes fibrosis). And that his counterparts, PGE/PGF2, have anti-fibrotic properties. As mentioned in many researches: "Prostaglandin E2 inhibits profibrotic function of human pulmonary fibroblasts by disrupting Ca2+ signaling", "Reversal of Myofibroblast Differentiation by Prostaglandin E2", etc.

Would be nice to clarify this point. Especially the linkage between PGD2 and TGFb. The last one is definitely the bad guy, provoking fibrosis. Here is more about the fibrosis itself:

Hi balba, do you know if pgd2 increases TGFb?

How can we reduce TGFb?

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi balba, do you know if pgd2 increases TGFb?

How can we reduce TGFb?
It does, indirectly. PGD2 provokes inflammation. TGFb, as "part" of the inflammation processes, goes up.
There are "targeted" TGFb inhibitors that used, i guess, for very serious diseases. Not sure it worths to try them for hair loss.
And some non-targeted, like Copper peptides. Have on idea how effective they are as the inhibitors.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does, indirectly. PGD2 provokes inflammation. TGFb, as "part" of the inflammation processes, goes up.
There are "targeted" TGFb inhibitors that used, i guess, for very serious diseases. Not sure it worths to try them for hair loss.
And some non-targeted, like Copper peptides. Have on idea how effective they are as the inhibitors.
Thanks you for your explaination but are we sure that only PGD2 provokes inflammation? If we almost completely block or reduce PGD2, do you think it will completely reduces inflammation or we need to work on other pathways?