2013 in the (subjective) rearview mirror

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
-aderans is dead long live histogen

- PGD2 discovery is big, got picked up by all forums and news, yet people lost patience very quickly. To me it has been a game-changer, I did not have a shed for more than a year now, which is unprecedented since 10+ years. I also shed about a couple of hairs only in shower, and itch is gone, it's history. It is backed by science and by the few who used OC on this and other forums, however clearly most are interested in regrowth not maintenance.[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
- Dermarolling (DR), clearly something is going on there. I personally doubt it will give us back our hairs, I doubt that neogenesis is happening at any cosmetically significant extent. Again, I really hope I am wrong. Either way, in 6 months we will find out whether it is a significant tool in our arsenal (whether neogenesis or better absorption)

- pilofocus is likely to change hair transplant. It is superior it seems to both FUE and strip. Talk of regeneration, but I wouldn't take this any seriously before I see some outstanding results and not just in donor area (it is possible that by splitting the follicle the quality of the transplanted follicle is not as great).

- follica, histogen, replicel, CB, just a waiting game. If history is any guide...hopefully history is no guide at all.

LOOKING FORWARD -- 2014:

- Scientists have discovered the main channel through which DHT kills our hair, and has to do with Dkk1. Just as their PGD2 theory worked (in my opinion) I think acting on Dkk1 has even more promise. Hoping this will get picked up by experimenters (I plan to continue with being the official PGD2 guinea pig..)

- Historgen should be updating us at some point I hope?

- The Japenese or the Colombia team might surprise us with some good news, but none of this will see the light of day anytime soon.

- Pilox2 mystery will be solved soon. This is the first time we have pictures (and frickin outstanding ones) without having a promise, a story, a product.

[/FONT]

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Good summary waynakyo, have you started a thread on your "experiment" I think you would have quite a few interested observers and participants, I have 3 more roll after tonight weekly (going monthly) and would consider adding another weapon,
Are you a member at BTT, that's where I get most of my info on this type of stuff, hellouser brings a lot of info here but for some reason not much has taken off like over there which is funny because both forums have a lot of cross posters but each on has there own personality and both have their own good and bad points

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
It's definitely looking up for us baldies.I rarely check in here anymore -- maybe every 6-12 months to see if there's anything new. In the past, there rarely was; it seemed we'd be stuck with the Big Three forever. But the times are a changing.To me, Dermarolling seems especially worth getting excited about for two reasons. First, the results in the posted study are awesome, a 2-3 grade improvement on the Norwood scale in a matter of 12 weeks? Unheard of! Second, and more importantly, posters here are replicating the results. How far the results can be taken remains to be seen, but early indications sure seem good. Best of luck to you all in 2014.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, 2014 could be a year of great excitment or great disappointment.
Regardung my OC exprience, sorry been busy, i think i have a thread about this somewhere, i will update it and put a link.
i am thinking of experimenting with doses up and down and tracking my shedding...will update you on this..