20 And Balding? How Bad Is It? What Should I Do?

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Just want an opinion on how bad I'm balding or maybe my hairline is just maturing? No thinning all over, but I have noticed my temples thinning and moving back and at the front of my hairline on my widows peak it's very thin for probably half an inch or so. One of my temples is more receeded than the other as you can see from the images

If I am balding I wanna prevent/reverse it asap but not sure if I'm balding or just maturing hairline as my forehead has always been a bit bigger than average.

Let me know please it would mean a lot
Thanks!

Attachments

• oh1.jpg
    oh1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 665
  • oh2.jpg
    oh2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 704
  • oh3.jpg
    oh3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 641
  • oh4.jpg
    oh4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 664
  • oh5.jpg
    oh5.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 634
  • oh6.jpg
    oh6.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 673
  • oh8.jpg
    oh8.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 658
  • oh9.jpg
    oh9.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 685
  • oh10.jpg
    oh10.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 686

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is balding, your temples go back a bit too deep. You are still a solid Norwood 2 though, I would look into finasteride it may be able to save your hair for years to come.

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump! Am I able to get some more opinions on this? Considering getting on finasteride but would just like some more opinions first. Especially since it's just the front and not diffuse I'm questioning it, although I wouldn't want the front too get much worse so there's that.

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you won't get any other opinion my friend. You're obviously balding and you're pretty young. Do research about finasteride and then decide to hop on it or not.

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
you won't get any other opinion my friend. You're obviously balding and you're pretty young. Do research about finasteride and then decide to hop on it or not.
Hmm okay haha. Wasn't necessarily looking for someone saying "your hair is fine dont do anything!" - just wanted more confirmation that I was balding. Plus because no one in real life has ever said anything about it, so I thought maybe I'm just being very self-critical. But thanks for your opinion! I probably will do some more research then decide whether to get on finasteride or not.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People gave you solid advise but it's obvious that you still have doubts so you should see a professional for confirmation to ease your mind. The longer you wait the worse it may (severity depends on genetics and other factors) get if you have male pattern baldness.

FBaldy

Reaction score
This link explains its better and worth the full read:
https://www.hairlossdaily.com/mature-hairline/

I too got confused with the whole maturing hair line, I think though when I was 20 years old I had hair loss in the front and my hair line was still maturing. The key is miniaturization I believe.

Your hair line looks excellent and normal, I would not suspect hair loss but you probably are better getting it checked or take weekly pictures of your hair and compare. If you are seeing large gaps or scalp in the front especially after showers and people notice under bright lights they can see your scalp that probably does mean hair loss is present.

Timing is everything which is why many may just advise get on finasteride or big 3 cos you may not know this but this is the most important time of your entire life......you kinda have to get this bit right otherwise your hair is screwed say at 25, 30 or 40 !

if I had to do it again and go back in time 25 years to when I was 20 I too would have slapped myself in the face several times saying stupid, stupid, stupid and forced myself to bath in minoxidil foam daily and eat finasteride full tablet daily, but my hair loss was much worse !

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha okay thanks everyone! I might give it a little and if I see it get any worse I'll probably jump on finasteride.
Quick question, so I heard that finasteride maintains hair and minoxidil grows it back, but you have to keep using both of them. But if I use minoxidil and get some hair back and I'm also on finasteride, do I have to keep using minoxidil or can I stop since the finasteride is going to maintain it now? Hopefully that makes sense haha, I just don't want to be applying minoxidil for the rest of my life.

MikeConner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applying minoxidil is a pain in the *** and is why I never started doing that long term, and yes, you do have to keep doing it otherwise any hair you gained will fall out.

However, if you can afford it, taking finasteride is as simple as taking one pill in the morning. No hassle. You do have to keep taking it to see results, but from what I've read, if you've been on it for a long time, missing a day or two now and again won't do anything, or if you have to wait a week or more to get your next supply it likely won't have any serious effect.

wtfeverynameistaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applying minoxidil is a pain in the *** and is why I never started doing that long term, and yes, you do have to keep doing it otherwise any hair you gained will fall out.

However, if you can afford it, taking finasteride is as simple as taking one pill in the morning. No hassle. You do have to keep taking it to see results, but from what I've read, if you've been on it for a long time, missing a day or two now and again won't do anything, or if you have to wait a week or more to get your next supply it likely won't have any serious effect.
Ah right, thought the finasteride might keep the hair that I grew with minoxidil, but I guess not?

Has finasteride worked for you? thinking I'll probably get on it in the next week or two to catch this hairloss early. I don't really care if I'm bald in my 30s but I want my goddamn hair for my 20s lol.