2 Years Finasteride Before/after - Im I Balding Slow Enough?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for over 2 years, and am now 35.

I know I lost some ground but I have a transplant booked soon to reconstruct, nothing major obviously. Do you think the progression is slow enough that a transplant is safe or is the balding too fast?

show.jpg

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes can't see much change in 2 years which is a good result.

A hair transplant should be fine. Just keep using finasteride. Women love it.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
THAT at 35?? I would go to church tomorrow (Sunday) and ask why you got so lucky. Indeed, a hair transplant isnt needed in my opinion, but a hair transplant is a wishes and wants thing so if you feel like you would be happier with the corners filled in by all means man you have the hair for it. Jealous.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes If you're NW2 at 35 you can be cured featuring finasteride and hair transplant. Sure you might be rekt again at 60 but who cares what they look like at 60.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes If you're NW2 at 35 you can be cured featuring finasteride and hair transplant. Sure you might be rekt again at 60 but who cares what they look like at 60.

I'll still care somewhat at 60, but that's a quarter century of technology to progress. At the very least, hair systems should become more reliable.

And I think that's the easiest path to a cure actually. I'm sure in 15 years we will be looking back at hair systems of today and laugh just as now we look at toupees in the 70s.

jazz1

Reaction score
You just use Finesteride alone?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just use Finesteride alone?

I have a duta once or twice a week.

Before I started finasteride I tried the dermarolling and minoxidil for a year, but that turned out to be nothing but snake oil for me at least, I lost a lot of hair during that time.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Been on finasteride for over 2 years, and am now 35.

I know I lost some ground but I have a transplant booked soon to reconstruct, nothing major obviously. Do you think the progression is slow enough that a transplant is safe or is the balding too fast?

View attachment 143483
I think you are a good candidate at this point. Who are you going to have do your transplant?

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have major BDD if you think you lost ground based on these pics, maybe you have but then provide pics which show it. Your density increased dramatically in the front.
Even though the lighting is different there is an undeniable uptick in density.
You got a very good result and you don't even know it.
There is a definite increase in anagen hairs in the circled areas.
demonstration.jpg

Post update pics please. I'm pretty sure it should look the same if you didn't change a thing.

jazz1

Reaction score
What’s your full regime? I been on Topical Finasteride since 2010 and maintained well that’s because I wash my scalp daily and cleanse the scalp. Scalp serum DHT is different to blood DHT.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post update pics please. I'm pretty sure it should look the same if you didn't change a thing.
My front hairline looks about the same as my last post. However the top and crown seems to have started thinning since my last update. Don't really have before pictures because there was never a problem back there when I started finasteride. I don't want to be one of those guys that gets the hairline fixed then suddenly loses the rest of the hair, so I delayed the transplant for now to see.
The finasteride really looks like it helped. Are you on minoxidil as well? Are you using oral or topical finasteride? You definitely do NOT need a hair transplant. You've got a great head of hair.
Just oral finasteride and 1 or 2 pills of dutasteride a week. Occasional Nizoral shampoo. I tried minoxidil a few years ago, I did it for a year, irritated my skin badly and didn't grow one hair. I'm convinced its snake oil. I know I don't need transplant badly, I just wanted to get ahead of things while the pandemic was still going. I'm one of those guys who has that head shape where even a NW2 doesn't look good.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you still looks good you'll definetly care. My father looked great at 60, looked like a man in his 40s. He wasn't vain but for sure liked how he looked.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
My front hairline looks about the same as my last post. However the top and crown seems to have started thinning since my last update. Don't really have before pictures because there was never a problem back there when I started finasteride. I don't want to be one of those guys that gets the hairline fixed then suddenly loses the rest of the hair, so I delayed the transplant for now to see.

Just oral finasteride and 1 or 2 pills of dutasteride a week. Occasional Nizoral shampoo. I tried minoxidil a few years ago, I did it for a year, irritated my skin badly and didn't grow one hair. I'm convinced its snake oil. I know I don't need transplant badly, I just wanted to get ahead of things while the pandemic was still going. I'm one of those guys who has that head shape where even a NW2 doesn't look good.
Do you have enough density to cover the crown? If yes, do it.