2 months progress finasteride rogaine

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
bro , wtf , get off these forums , you're making me sick. :D
Srsly tho : good job ! really genuinly happy for ya.

it's posts like these that make me doubt again : to foam or not to foam.

Why did you opt for the foam ?
Been reading an INSANE amount of bad review on Rogaine foam ... leaning more towards the liquid.
Foam is so much more convenient to apply tho ... liquid 'seems' more effective (user-feedback - as far those are valid and scientific ...)

jld501

Reaction score
thanks man! i opted for the foam because i read about it being less messy and i knew that the liquid being so nasty would be a deterrent in me applying as frequently, looks like the foam works, i would say go for it!

- - - Updated - - -

hey guys, been only about a week since my last post but wanted to give another update with some better pics of the hairline, its grown out noticeably more than the last pics.

I have some questions: if you notice the dark hairs coming in at my bald spots, do these look like "villus" hairs? or do they look to be the type that will grow long and healthy like the rest of my hair?

again looking at the bald spots, obviously there are new hairs sprouting in but the density is still scarce compared to the rest of my hair, is it possible for it to thicken up to the same consistency as the rest of my hair or is this probably as good as it gets as far as thickness in those areas?

so far i am VERY pleased with the results of my treatment! i plan on being around this forum for a long time. i notice a lot of people stop popping in so much after they get the results they want, i promise to keep posting!

photo2.jpg11/11/13

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi jld501, really excellent results man, congratulations! About the darker hairs in the more sparse parts of your hairline, I don't know whether they will thicken up more and become just part of the rest of your hair, but I sure hope they do! I'm in a similar boat there, in fact your post is the main reason I've been thinking of shaving my head. I started around the end of November so we're on a similar timeline there bud, except I'm a little older (32).

Seriously, you've got a killer result already.

jld501

Reaction score
Hi jld501, really excellent results man, congratulations! About the darker hairs in the more sparse parts of your hairline, I don't know whether they will thicken up more and become just part of the rest of your hair, but I sure hope they do! I'm in a similar boat there, in fact your post is the main reason I've been thinking of shaving my head. I started around the end of November so we're on a similar timeline there bud, except I'm a little older (32).

Seriously, you've got a killer result already.

thanks for the encouragment bearded one! shaving my head i felt was a good decision, it helped me gain insight as to the true nature of my hairline, density, etc... however i wished i had shaved it before i started treatments so then i would've had a more true representation. go ahead and do it! growing it out sucks but i'm taking biotin and i think its helping me...here are some more updated picsbigger%20of%2011-11.jpg.4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
the first of course being before treatment, and the other four being tonight, april 11th will mark 5 months on the big three. nizoral otc, rogaine foam twice a day, and finasteride 1.25 per day

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
looking good man, from where you have come from to where you are is a big positive change. You can really see that those little hairs in the corners have already made a cosmetic difference. I'm definitely interested to see if they grow out fully - I hope mine do! Anyway, the short hair definitely suits you.

Hmmm still debating whether to reach for the clippers!

jld501

Reaction score
New Image.jpgok guys, new progress pics. you are looking at 5.5 months progress here, i have to say i am very pleased!!!

New Image3.jpgNew Image1.jpgNew Image2.jpg

irefusetobebald

Reaction score
Wow, this is an awesome results. I am on my 5th week now. No results, my hair is actually getting worst right now :/ I hope I get results like yours! I have diffused thinning though, not receding, it that makes sense.

jld501

Reaction score
thanks guys! so reassuring to receive positive feedback. I have seen several of you say the short hair suits me, is that a comparison to the pics when my hair is longer or is that just a general compliment?

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi jld501, I think the short hair suits you, your face shape, head shape etc. It also helps that your hair has grown in so well, it's like you are getting maximum effect from the finasteride!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Such a ham.:agree: You look good man, with or without length.
thanks guys! so reassuring to receive positive feedback. I have seen several of you say the short hair suits me, is that a comparison to the pics when my hair is longer or is that just a general compliment?

AlecGaro

Reaction score
hey jld could i ask if you ever experienced noticable shedding? and if you did around what months from your start of the drug did you experience it?

jld501

Reaction score
Well here is the official 6 month update! very pleased!
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

the rogaine is obviously working, and i believe the propecia is doing what it is suppose to do as well not only because my density and thickness have improved, but because i have lost a considerable amount of hair on my abdomen, to the point where my girlfriend asked me if i started shaving it. At first i didnt realize what was going on but then i thought about that being one of the effects of propecia.

The first two pics were from around 6 months ago, as you can see the hair is lighter in color, much less dense, and you can see the individual hairs. The last two pictures are from today, which marks 6 months of the big 3. In my opinion, there is no denying the improvement. My hairline has came back, and the hairs are actually terminal and dark, and since i shaved my head several months ago, they are growing back at the same length as the rest of my hair. So it seems to be that they are permanent.

For those of you who asked, i honestly cant say if i experienced a major shed, i think i did maybe a little about one month in, but it wasnt severe.

- - - Updated - - -

EricGerard

Reaction score
Fantastic results. Congrats dude! Where do you apply your minoxidil, and how much do you apply? Also, do you use it once or twice a day?

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Again, brilliant results. Congrats! I'm coming up on 6 months now, too, will update my thread soon. Question for ya: what product do you use in your hair? Cheers!

brad2014

Reaction score
Wait you lost body hair from being on finasteride? Or it's a side effect in the ab region? Because I'm a legit hairy beast lol