2 months progress finasteride rogaine

jld501

Reaction score
hello all,

just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for posting continued success stories, it really help me make the decision to start my regimen and i'm glad i did.

I started losing my hair around the time i was 21, i remember going through a bad break up and getting a haircut and just thinking holy crap, my hair line is receding by the hour. i dont have any close up pics from that time, but i can tell you that since then, it seemed to recover about a year after my initial loss. I came back to baseline which i will provide a picture of, but since then it has steadily not only receded more, but has been thinning out a lot. I'm currently 26, so this is a 5 year timespan.

I made the decision almost two months ago, on 11-11-13 to start finasteride and rogaine, i went to the Doctor and got rx for finasteride 1.25/day in addition to alternating rogaine twice a day to once a day, ive tried to do it twice a day consistently but most days ill forget and only do it once, so its averaged to probably 3 times per two days. However, the finasteride i have been taking as directed.

It has been almost two months so far and while i felt like my hair was thicker, i had to compare pictures to be sure. If you look closely at my bald spots, you can see the new hair sprouts starting to come in, to me, its very obvious and others have agreed after looking at the pictures. I know i'm not out of the woods yet and have a long time before full effects are seen, but its nice to see some results already. Let me know what you guys think. I will keep updating as I see changes. Thanks!!

First picture will be from me when i was about 21
Second will be about 2.5 years ago (i'm sure i will catch hell about this pic but it was for my girlfriend when we got our new puppy, it was the best pic i had close up of that showed where my hairline was at that time)
Third is from 11-11-13
Fourth will be present day.

Attachments

• New Image1.jpg
    New Image1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5,592
  • New Image2.jpg
    New Image2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 5,453
  • 11-11.jpg
    11-11.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 9,881
  • bigger of 11-11.jpg
    bigger of 11-11.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6,732

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
2 months is way to soon to have results for most people, hopefully you are one of the few that gets immediate results though. its hard to tell in your pics if there are results for sure but it does appear there is more coverage. Nothing wrong with a puppy, if it was a cat Though!! well????

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, keep us updated as and when. An sides on the finasteride? Where do you think the results are coming from - finasteride or minoxidil?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it looks like you are starting to see some good regrowth. keep at it!!

jld501

Reaction score
Nice results, keep us updated as and when. An sides on the finasteride? Where do you think the results are coming from - finasteride or minoxidil?

thanks! i think the results are probably from the rogaine (i use foam by the way dont think i mentioned that). I dont think the finasteride could kick in this quickly, with rogaine being topical i think that would yield results sooner than something that is sytemic like the finasteride, just my opinion though! as far as sides... there may have been a SLIGHT decrease in libido, but its really hard to say. I'm an RN and about the time i started finasteride/rogaine, i also started working about 50 hours a week, up from the standard 36, so i have definitely been more tired, decreased energy and so forth. However, i have felt it come back a little lately, but not sure what that can be attributed to either. In my opinion, if there was a slight decrease in libido, its definitely not enough for me personally to stop my regimen.

- - - Updated - - -

2 months is way to soon to have results for most people, hopefully you are one of the few that gets immediate results though. its hard to tell in your pics if there are results for sure but it does appear there is more coverage. Nothing wrong with a puppy, if it was a cat Though!! well????

i hope so too, if not immediate i am prepared to stick it out for the full year or so to evaluate. and no cats here! allergic haha

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
You'll probably see results after 6 months (most people, including me, do). Stick it out for a year before you quit, growing hair costs time :)

jld501

Reaction score
i think pretty well so far, the villus hairs that were coming in are getting longer it seems. definitely rogaine working but i dont know if the finasteride has kicked in, i havent seen any change in the composition of my existing hair, i just cant say if its thicker or not.123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

well i think, sorry i tried to reply from my mobile and couldnt reply to yours, i posted a new pic

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
lol really?

You got really amazing results,keep going!
all those blonde vellus hair are moving black and terminal.
Good job in regrowing temples and hairline so far

shredder

Reaction score
hey mate

I'm in a similar boat. I'm 21 and started on rogaine foam but am considering going to Finasteride as well. I have really similar results with those small black hairs developing. Are you in Australia? Where did you get yours from and how much did it end up costing?

Thanks

jld501

Reaction score
hey mate

I'm in a similar boat. I'm 21 and started on rogaine foam but am considering going to Finasteride as well. I have really similar results with those small black hairs developing. Are you in Australia? Where did you get yours from and how much did it end up costing?

Thanks

i'm in the US. how long have you been on the rogaine?

- - - Updated - - -

lol really?

You got really amazing results,keep going!
all those blonde vellus hair are moving black and terminal.
Good job in regrowing temples and hairline so far

thanks! sometimes i dont realize it until other folks point it out, i defintiely can see that there is more coverage, the actual thickness of existing hair has not changed yet though, thats what im looking for mostly, fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good!

Definitely looks like your hairline is growing back and I'm seeing a ton of vellus hairs where there was once only bald spots. Looks like you're reacting really well, give it a few more months and I'll bet it'd be night and day. Congrats and keep us posted!

thanks! really hoping it will continue to improve in coverage and maybe some density soon. ill try to do a montly update!

- - - Updated - - -

i screenshotted these on my phone from a website, cant remember which, but these results are excellent and i would absolutley love for something comparable to this. this is a product of finasteride 1.25 and rogaine foam PM, after 13 months. awesome.

12.jpg12.jpg

jld501

Reaction score
just wanted to give an update, and post a new pic. i wanted to see what my hairline would look like with everything the same length so i buzzed my head, this is a long "1". hopefully those hairs that are coming in will grow out the same length as the rest of it.
photo.jpg

jld501

Reaction score
quick update guys... got my hair faded on the sides and left the top long to emphasize whatever thickness i have coming in up top.

i think its coming in nicely, ill be curious to see how it looks when its back to the length i had it when i started the regimen.

photo.jpgphoto-2.jpg