2.5 Months On finasteride, Still Losing ~300 Hairs A Head Wash, What's Next?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inb4 slick bald

hair got extremely thin, its noticeable

what options are out there? basically duta or estrogen?

minoxidil even tho it will make things significantly worse for a while?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inb4 slick bald

hair got extremely thin, its noticeable

what options are out there? basically duta or estrogen?

minoxidil even tho it will make things significantly worse for a while?

300 from all over your head? Or just the balding area?

I washed my hair today and got far fewer from the top than the side or back. That's the first time that has happened since I've been counting hairs.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
~ every 4 days now

Why in the name of god would you wash your hair once a month? Even 4 times a day? I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

You do realize washing your hair multiple times a day/week has nothing to do wish hair loss? If anything it's damaging your hair more with excessive sebum build up that could lead to an infection. Stop being a dirty bastard and take a shower.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why in the name of god would you wash your hair once a month? Even 4 times a day? I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

You do realize washing your hair multiple times a day/week has nothing to do wish hair loss? If anything it's damaging your hair more with excessive sebum build up that could lead to an infection. Stop being a dirty bastard and take a shower.
i did take showers, just for a short time period didnt wash hair regularly, cuz i was absolutely freaking the f*** out, when i would wash my hair and see 300 hairs fall out, it was kinda semi denial and hopes things wil get better somehow

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
300 from all over your head? Or just the balding area?

I washed my hair today and got far fewer from the top than the side or back. That's the first time that has happened since I've been counting hairs.
well, i wash whole head, so hard to say exactly, but hair loss is only in androgenic affected area. i lose density on top only

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair falling out doesn’t mean balding and you shouldn’t use the amount of shedding as an indicator of your hair status. Balding is when that hair that falls out stops growing back. Some people naturally lose that many a day but their body is able to keep up with the regrowth, so no balding. Anyways, to answer your question, the most intensive combo of drug to take for hair loss would be a combo of estrogen and a dht blocker. However, you are most certainly going to experience both mental and physical sides with that combo. I personally would rather be bald than to legit feminize myself to that extent. If you are aware and prepared for the potential sides, I would recommend estrogen and a dht blocker. If you have the money a hair transplant too

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair falling out doesn’t mean balding and you shouldn’t use the amount of shedding as an indicator of your hair status. Balding is when that hair that falls out stops growing back. Some people naturally lose that many a day but their body is able to keep up with the regrowth, so no balding. Anyways, to answer your question, the most intensive combo of drug to take for hair loss would be a combo of estrogen and a dht blocker. However, you are most certainly going to experience both mental and physical sides with that combo. I personally would rather be bald than to legit feminize myself to that extent. If you are aware and prepared for the potential sides, I would recommend estrogen and a dht blocker. If you have the money a hair transplant too

Would you actually rather be bald than experience slight feminisation?

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you actually rather be bald than experience slight feminisation?

Yes, my girls already told me that she’d be okay with it and I’d get over it and it’s not like I’m dating anymore. What makes a man is not how much hair he has on his head but rather how he carries himself and his accomplishments. A combination of dht blocker and estrogen?Say goodbye to sex drive, say goodbye to staying lean, say goodbye to a lot of muscle mass, say goodbye to overall drive and focus, say hello to mood swings, man boobs, feminine figure, greater risk of depression anxiety. All that isn’t a guarantee but best believe that it’s going to be WAY harder to prevent all that. Not worth it for hair on my head

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 7 awaits you, my lord. And we will be on the front row to witness your final destination.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, my girls already told me that she’d be okay with it and I’d get over it and it’s not like I’m dating anymore. What makes a man is not how much hair he has on his head but rather how he carries himself and his accomplishments. A combination of dht blocker and estrogen?Say goodbye to sex drive, say goodbye to staying lean, say goodbye to a lot of muscle mass, say goodbye to overall drive and focus, say hello to mood swings, man boobs, feminine figure, greater risk of depression anxiety. All that isn’t a guarantee but best believe that it’s going to be WAY harder to prevent all that. Not worth it for hair on my head

In my opinion, being a man is about having confidence in your biological gender. Once you have gained confidence in that, the fears of taking estrogen and anti-androgens goes away.

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is the most logical definition. In that case, are men who have long hair or wear makeup less of a man?

Why are you arguing this with me? I told you my definition and it differs from yours. Woopdie doo. I’m done arguing definition of what it means to “be a man”. Estrogen and fina is your best bet to save your hair. Good luck to you