19M- Aggressive Hairloss

Cdnnll18

My Regimen
Reaction score
19M- Extremely Aggressive Hairloss

How long does it take for hair to miniaturise?

19M -
At 15 I had a full head of hair, never had a perfect hairline but a very strong head of hair.
My hair loss was extremely aggressive, first I lost a bit of density all over, didn’t think much of it then the hairline started to go at 16,past that point the the whole scalp started to thin rapidly.

I contribute this to my genetics, heavy smoking, bad diet whilst going to the gym regularly, taking creatine/gym supplements and also at 16 I had a serious surgery to treat a facial fracture which caused extreme stress.

I started finasteride for 12 months when I was 18, it didn’t do much so for the past 8 months I started dutasteride, Ru58841, topical minoxidil 1x daily, keto shampoo, vitamins,
And recently started micro needling. (Adding oral minoxidil 2.5mg, castor oil and MK677 also)
This regime may seem overkill but I’m desperate.

My hair has improved slightly over the past 8 months but no where near what my hair used to be.
I lost 90% of my hair from age 15-18

How long does it take for hair follicles to miniaturise?

Should I also expect better results because so much was lost in a short amount of time?

Thank you, really need a response for this as I can’t find an answer online.
[hair ](https://imgur.com/a/Ri2mUSR)

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a7hxe41.jpg

eOzAX9b.jpg

thats you? if yes that is aggresive hair loss, i doubt you will regrow the hair that youve lost with medications. you will only keep the hair that you have now

Cdnnll18

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 173246
View attachment 173247

thats you? if yes that is aggresive hair loss, i doubt you will regrow the hair that youve lost with medications. you will only keep the hair that you have now
If you look at the album it shows the dates in chronological order. As you can see I’ve made some progress in the past 8 months from the slick bald picture. My question is how many years does it take for hair follicles to miniaturise? Surely all that hair lost within that time hasn’t just completely died?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell from your most recent pictures how much has improved since your hair is much longer. We are our own worst critics and if you yourself think your situation has improved it most certainly has! Wont lie the pic of your hair short looked bad at the hairline looked like a Norwood 2.5.
My heart goes out to you for feeling the need to start such an aggressive regimen at such a young age. Im on a similar one. Started finasteride at 19 then a more aggressive regimen at 21 (Im now 24 and a half). Pleased to say i have found success and I hope you do too. The impact hairloss can have on your mental health can be huge, and in a way the peace of mind these treatments can bring to someone is lifechanging. Best of luck to you brother and please keep us updated :)
EDIT: Never noticed you mentioned you are also using oral minoxidil. I do too, although at 12.5mg doses with good results. Do you take tablets or drink the solution from say a kirkland 5% bottle? Ive tried both and both work. So if you wanna save cash id switch to drinking it, much cheaper and easier to get :)

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you shedding a lot of hair daily or is shedding not part of your hair loss.

I ask this because shedding (comb your fingers 5x through your hair and count the hair that come out) is indicating of responsiveness to anti-oxidants, not just anti-androgens and vadolidators.

if you are shedding, what parts if your scalp are shedding?

Let me know as you may have another adjunctive option that could help

Cdnnll18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you shedding a lot of hair daily or is shedding not part of your hair loss.

I ask this because shedding (comb your fingers 5x through your hair and count the hair that come out) is indicating of responsiveness to anti-oxidants, not just anti-androgens and vadolidators.

if you are shedding, what parts if your scalp are shedding?

Let me know as you may have another adjunctive option that could help
I’m not so much shedding anymore, I’m just struggling for regrowth. My hairloss kind of has a weird pattern, I’ve never had a good hairline but my hair used to be extremely thick and had a full head of hair which hid the hairline (you’d never think I was balding). I’d say the shape of my hairline has stayed the same it’s just the density all over has drastically thinned out. From 2017 to 2018 my density decreased by a lot but I could rock a short fringe and a nice fade. It rapidly progressed from there. My density on the top, sides and back of hair extremely thinned out especially on the right side which is strange. Looking at me from the left side you’d have the illusion I have an average head of hair with an average fade but looking at me from straight on, from the right and from the back it’s noticeable that I’m balding.

Cdnnll18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell from your most recent pictures how much has improved since your hair is much longer. We are our own worst critics and if you yourself think your situation has improved it most certainly has! Wont lie the pic of your hair short looked bad at the hairline looked like a Norwood 2.5.
My heart goes out to you for feeling the need to start such an aggressive regimen at such a young age. Im on a similar one. Started finasteride at 19 then a more aggressive regimen at 21 (Im now 24 and a half). Pleased to say i have found success and I hope you do too. The impact hairloss can have on your mental health can be huge, and in a way the peace of mind these treatments can bring to someone is lifechanging. Best of luck to you brother and please keep us updated :)
EDIT: Never noticed you mentioned you are also using oral minoxidil. I do too, although at 12.5mg doses with good results. Do you take tablets or drink the solution from say a kirkland 5% bottle? Ive tried both and both work. So if you wanna save cash id switch to drinking it, much cheaper and easier to get :)
Thanks man this gives me some hope. I haven’t started oral minoxidil just yet, they’re currently being shipped to the U.K. Hopefully it gives me some good results. How’s your experience with 12.5mg, any side affects etc?? I’m unsure what dose I should be taking, I’m looking to get the best results from them.

BuzzedLightyear

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man this gives me some hope. I haven’t started oral minoxidil just yet, they’re currently being shipped to the U.K. Hopefully it gives me some good results. How’s your experience with 12.5mg, any side affects etc?? I’m unsure what dose I should be taking, I’m looking to get the best results from them.
You will probably get best results from 5mg twice a day.

oral-minoxidil.png
992 × 740

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can measure and drink the topical liquid instead. Much cheaper and easier to geta hold of too. rarely ill get a puffy face in the morning if i had too much salt but apart from that no. Good results.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19M- Extremely Aggressive Hairloss

How long does it take for hair to miniaturise?

19M -
At 15 I had a full head of hair, never had a perfect hairline but a very strong head of hair.
My hair loss was extremely aggressive, first I lost a bit of density all over, didn’t think much of it then the hairline started to go at 16,past that point the the whole scalp started to thin rapidly.

I contribute this to my genetics, heavy smoking, bad diet whilst going to the gym regularly, taking creatine/gym supplements and also at 16 I had a serious surgery to treat a facial fracture which caused extreme stress.

I started finasteride for 12 months when I was 18, it didn’t do much so for the past 8 months I started dutasteride, Ru58841, topical minoxidil 1x daily, keto shampoo, vitamins,
And recently started micro needling. (Adding oral minoxidil 2.5mg, castor oil and MK677 also)
This regime may seem overkill but I’m desperate.

My hair has improved slightly over the past 8 months but no where near what my hair used to be.
I lost 90% of my hair from age 15-18

How long does it take for hair follicles to miniaturise?

Should I also expect better results because so much was lost in a short amount of time?

Thank you, really need a response for this as I can’t find an answer online.
[hair ](https://imgur.com/a/Ri2mUSR)
Do you have any men in your family who have hairloss? It can be brothers, your father, grandfathers, uncles on both sides of the family.

Have you been to a doctor or dermatologist as yet to diagnose your hair loss? There's quite a few possibilities that's why getting a blood test is crucial to finding what is and isn't the cause of your hairloss.

What vitamins are you taking?

Stress can be a big contributing factor to hair loss. It's called shock loss, telogen effluvium. It can take sometimes up to a year to correct.

Vitamin deficiency could stunt growth or cause hairloss, hence I asked if you got a blood test done and what vitamins you're taking.

Regarding your bad diet - you could be midly allergic to certain food types and not know it, which can result in increased hairloss, damage of your digestive system, which could result in nutrients, vitamins and minerals not being absorbed properly even if you take vitamin supplements for example.
The solution to that (after completely cleaning up your diet) is to take pro-biotics which are good for your hair. HairGuard has a good supplement called "Hairbiotics".

Fixing your diet is one of the bare minimum things you need to do. It won't necessarily stop your hairloss or cause you more regrowth, but it will help to prevent accelerated hairloss if it is a problem.

Sugar for example needs to be completely cut from your diet because it can increase DHT (which in turn causes more hair loss). The only liquid you should drink is water.

It's actually very common for people to have accelerated hairloss due to diets containing any dairy, gluten (including anything made from flour and wheat and all breads), soy, processed food. Cutting it out will not only help your hair but it will also help you to be eating clean, as you should be, especially when gyming. It's only a benefit.

Cut out smoking completely as well. Its all over the internet of how smoking can cause hairloss and it will negate the effects of some of the treatments you're taking. So smoking is just making you waste your own money, and accelerate your hairloss.

Regarding Creatine - Researchers found that creatine may increase the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is believed to be the hormone behind male pattern baldness in men genetically predisposed to hair loss. So as far as possible, if you can remove things that increase DHT, the better for your hair.
Also, as a side note, when taking Creatine, you're meant to drink a LOT more water than you normally do.

It may seem like a lot of changes you need to make, but that's because there's many different factors that contribute to hair loss.

Last edited: