• Receding

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Not receded

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Zain786

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi im 19 just wanted to know how bad my hairline is and is it receding at all as ive always had thin hairs

Attachments

• Snapchat-445446716.jpg
    Snapchat-445446716.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 563
  • Snapchat-1425113760.jpg
    Snapchat-1425113760.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 593
  • Snapchat-1132695583.jpg
    Snapchat-1132695583.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 783

Dave1984

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi im 19 just wanted to know how bad my hairline is and is it receding at all as ive always had thin hairs
Hi Zain - it's possible that you're receding slightly, but it's all relative. I've got an almost identical hairline to yours and have had pretty much the same hairline for the past 15 years. I'm now 34 (in fact I've just posted today asking for advice!) so it might be nothing to worry about.

I think the best thing to do is track it in 3 month slots and document the results. If you see it getting worse then there are options you can look at.

Hope that helps :)

Zain786

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Zain - it's possible that you're receding slightly, but it's all relative. I've got an almost identical hairline to yours and have had pretty much the same hairline for the past 15 years. I'm now 34 (in fact I've just posted today asking for advice!) so it might be nothing to worry about.

I think the best thing to do is track it in 3 month slots and document the results. If you see it getting worse then there are options you can look at.

Hope that helps :)
Hi thanks for reply and yeah my hairlines has been like this all my life i dont lose much hair when i was a kid my hairline was like this and also ive always had thin hair so i wasnt sure

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it is bad but definitely slight recession is there.I think your have maturing hailine .Your father's hair has not much of concern because 70% of baldness inheritance is from mothers side. So tell me about your maternal granpa and maternal uncles hair status. The prerequisite for baldness is AR gene which men get from his mother .don't want to be too technical but it is as it is.

Zain786

My Regimen
Reaction score
My granda was slightly bald but at an old age not sure about uncles also is mine bad or is it normal should i be worried and how many years do you think till i will see a big difference

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like some temporal recession with some diffuse thinning. Go get your scalp mapped for hair density. That way we can know if you're diffuse thinning or you just have thinner hair. If you do have diffuse thinning, then get on finasteride asap. If you don't, then monitor for hairline changes. cc

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
My granda was slightly bald but at an old age not sure about uncles also is mine bad or is it normal should i be worried and how many years do you think till i will see a big difference
Maternal gtadpa was not significant looser then scientifically you shouldn't experience cosmetically significant baldness. I think till 30 you will keep this.best luck

Zain786

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like some temporal recession with some diffuse thinning. Go get your scalp mapped for hair density. That way we can know if you're diffuse thinning or you just have thinner hair. If you do have diffuse thinning, then get on finasteride asap. If you don't, then monitor for hairline changes. cc
Hi , all my life my hair has been think ive never had hair that was thick then got thin

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair does look to be receding. If you want to be sure take more pictures in 6 months and compare

Last edited:

Panda89

My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely keep track of it by taking photos with bright flashlight every couple months or so, it seems to be receding a bit. i was told that i had sign of hair loss at your age and i didn't take it seriously at all. in fact i didn't do anything for 9 years until recently. sometimes i wish i could go back to when i was 20 21 and started seeking treatment early. in the mean time it never hurts to take your vitamin and exercise regularly!

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair does look to be receding. If you want to be sure take more pictures in 6 months and compare
6 months is way too long to recheck. I would say at the very least, every 1-2 months. I've been doing it almost every other day since I first noticed it. I am the definition of what is excessive checking, lol. And I'm not even a NW2 xP. Father says I'm severely mentally sick. I may just have a case of Body Dysmorphic Disorder, or a variant of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I think everyone on this site has that though, lol.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months is way too long to recheck. I would say at the very least, every 1-2 months. I've been doing it almost every other day since I first noticed it. I am the definition of what is excessive checking, lol. And I'm not even a NW2 xP. Father says I'm severely mentally sick. I may just have a case of Body Dysmorphic Disorder, or a variant of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I think everyone on this site has that though, lol.
What's funny is I used to do the exact same thing. But seriously, checking every month is pointless as hair follicles take months to fall and regrow so a review every 3 - 6 months is optimal

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's funny is I used to do the exact same thing. But seriously, checking every month is pointless as hair follicles take months to fall and regrow so a review every 3 - 6 months is optimal

I suppose. 3 months then I'd say. Some guys can jump several norwoods in like 6 months, though. Others,one norwood in like 3 decades :p.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose. 3 months then I'd say. Some guys can jump several norwoods in like 6 months, though. Others,one norwood in like 3 decades :p.
Very, very few guys jump norwoods in 6 months with finasteride alone, those guys are the luckiest men on planet Earth. For the best and fastest results its the HRT route. I've seen people go from slick bald (NW7) to Thick NW2s in 6 months its absolutely crazy.. Damn if I could regrow just one hair I would be happy lol.