19 Years Old, Debating Wether To Start Finasteride

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! My name is Tristan, and I am very new here. I am currently 19 but will be 20 in just a few weeks. I am a PA student so this is all right up my alley. Anyways! I have noticed that my hairline has been slowly receding in the past years. Yet, I would like to mention I have always had a very defined widows peak. Most of the men in my family also have a very defined widows peak, with minimal hair loss. The only reason I consider finasteride is due to hair drop and visual representation due to being in the medical field.. attached are pictures from varying angle and just a normal photo.. I will say the loss looks pretty bad here, but then again maybe I'm wrong? Any comments are appreciated! Also would you suggest I start using monixidil or not? Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,299
  • IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,788
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,157
  • IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,257
  • IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,978
  • IMG_2588.JPG
    IMG_2588.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,553
  • IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,847
  • IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,360
  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 2,617
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,187
  • IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 3,397

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some other pictures.. the one with blue shirt is about a year ago.. maybe even more and the other is from a couple months ago.. clearly I haven't changed much hairline wise

Attachments

• IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,024
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 2,350

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it will slow it down, but I'm sorry to say I think your hair loss is very aggressive so it may continue just at a slower rate with finasteride. That picture you posted with the blue shirt you said was from a year ago? It looks like you lost a significant amount since then. Try finasteride and minoxidil.

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it will slow it down, but I'm sorry to say I think your hair loss is very aggressive so it may continue just at a slower rate with finasteride. That picture you posted with the blue shirt you said was from a year ago? It looks like you lost a significant amount since then. Try finasteride and minoxidil.

Yeah it is from may of last year. This photo is from November of last year.. it's just odd cause I've always had a very receded hairline.. ever since I was a child.. I figured as much that it is aggresive enough.. I plan on getting a hair transplant when I have that physician assistant money flowing lol

Attachments

• IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2601.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,354

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am planning to go to a dermatologist next week so well see what she says.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad styled at all it's just the pulled back center pics. Could be a advanced Norwood 2/a. I would never touch a hair transplant it's the best way to look like a freak later in life

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad styled at all it's just the pulled back center pics. Could be a advanced Norwood 2/a. I would never touch a hair transplant it's the best way to look like a freak later in life

Hah I just mean in my 40s when it's pretty bad.. also I've been wearing hats a lot since it covers it up.. I've always wondering if that could progress is more?

Thanks for all the feedback btw

And here is a photo from two years ago.. the temples have always been back I just think the peak is shrinking down.. but I always keep a positive look on it and keep it light hearted and make jokes out of t.. its the only way to say the self esteem!

Attachments

• IMG_2605.JPG
    IMG_2605.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,215

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also going to get a haircut currently so I will post more pictures minus all of the excess long bullshit hairs

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hats causing hairloss is a myth. Honestly when it's styled it looks fine even if people know you're receding a bit. It only starts to look bad when you thin out in my opinion because that gives off a sick look

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hats causing hairloss is a myth. Honestly when it's styled it looks fine even if people know you're receding a bit. It only starts to look bad when you thin out in my opinion because that gives off a sick look

Thank you a lot of people notice my receding hairline but they say that it fits me and a lot of the time everyone says I look like Jude Law which I guess is a pretty good complement M. The thing with my hair is that although it is thick and I have a decent amount of it the amount of little wispy hair is I have just sometimes makes it look more receded than it actually is

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also are there any negative side effects from stopping using min I only ask this because I am the type of person that forgets things from time to time and I have read that if you stop taking it/using it that he can make your hair even worse

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also are there any negative side effects from stopping using min I only ask this because I am the type of person that forgets things from time to time and I have read that if you stop taking it/using it that he can make your hair even worse
It won't make your hair worse but you'll lose all progress

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol! Here's a picture from who knows when... I've never had hair on my temples

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
balding, mate ;)