19 Years Old, Debating Wether To Start Finasteride

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read my other post about the joke... I mean i honestly as a snapchat line all the time.. i mean the girl i was with today said my haircut looked good and responded with "Yeah! The hair i have!" i mean she laughed soo lmao. But I've been thinking about a hair transplant the only thing is that since I will be working as a Physician Assistant, I don't know what i would do for the time period that my hair looks stupid.. I feel like my patients would not be too fond of that lmao
Just apply it now, I didn't get a major shed. But I only apply it to my hairline. And dude honestly make sure you do a TON of research before you pull a trigger on a hair transplant. It sounds good and the results look good but trust me man that sh*t is not a solution. So many dudes 10 years later look retarded. It's better to be balding than to be known as the dude that got a hair transplant when he was younger, and is still bald plus or minus some unmanageable weeds. The problem with them is there's just not enough donor hair to keep up with the loss.

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus no top surgeons will operate on you unless you've been on finasteride for a few years and you're at least 25

Yeah Im just hoping the finasteride keeps me till like 30s or whatever... or atleast just till I'm done school.. Ill just use a system or shave it if i get the nuts.. tbh I don't ever want to get a hair transplant, but yeah

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Im just hoping the finasteride keeps me till like 30s or whatever... or atleast just till I'm done school.. Ill just use a system or shave it if i get the nuts.. tbh I don't ever want to get a hair transplant, but yeah
It's just so unpredictable. Some dudes go to a Norwood 3 and stay there for a long time. Some dudes go from a Norwood 1 to a late Norwood in like a few years. I can attest to finasteride it's kept my hairline identical to 6-7 years ago

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just so unpredictable. Some dudes go to a Norwood 3 and stay there for a long time. Some dudes go from a Norwood 1 to a late Norwood in like a few years. I can attest to finasteride it's kept my hairline identical to 6-7 years ago

Wow thats awesome man! I mean hopefully It improves mine alittle.. the only thing is that I can manage finasteride everyday.. Im just too worried ill mess up using the min and skip days on accident and then f*** it up! Also hoping ill gaina alittle something back from the finasteride... but who knows lmao

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, what do you think i should ask the derm? script wise.. are most of them fine with proscar and you then cutting it? I also want to get blood work so I can see really whats going on... Thanks again <3

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, what do you think i should ask the derm? script wise.. are most of them fine with proscar and you then cutting it? I also want to get blood work so I can see really whats going on... Thanks again <3
I just buy my finasteride online from inhousepharmac y google search it. No script needed and the website has a good rep. I've been pretty shitty applying minoxidil before the worst thing that will happen usually is that you won't get the best results or you'll lose the gains. Finansteride can thicken up those thin hairs you have, especially if you recently started receding.

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just buy my finasteride online from inhousepharmac y google search it. No script needed and the website has a good rep. I've been pretty shitty applying minoxidil before the worst thing that will happen usually is that you won't get the best results or you'll lose the gains. Finansteride can thicken up those thin hairs you have, especially if you recently started receding.

Oh well you savage there you go xD do you get 1 mg or cut it?

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I buy the 1mg generic stuff it's called finpecia. No need to pay top dollar for name brand propecia, although they do have it on the site, they both have 1 mg finasteride. Don't buy proscsr you'll get sick of cutting those pills

Sounds good, hanks again :)

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually wasn't going to try to talk you out of it calm down pledge. I was just curious because I noticed 99% of the people that say others should get hair transplants don't have one themselves. Ironic.

I've only been on finasteride 10 weeks, but if I don't respond well I will look into a transplant because I have a lot of good donor hair. My back and sides still grow long and thick.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not as bad as others, wouldn't touch the crown. Once the crown starts thinning you know you'll end up with a high Norwood. Won't look natural but you'll have hair. Good luck.

As I said elsewhere, hairloss only really came on my radar as a problem when I noticed my crown thinning in the last year. Although my hairline had obviously been receding for a few years. What do you mean by wouldn't touch the crown?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think it won't look natural?
Because when you have a high Norwood that means you have you'll low density hair transplant. Low density hair transplants aren't natural looking because the transplanted hairs are still thick, it's just low thin density. When someone naturally thins they have low density of thick and thin hairs. Hair transplants can't achieve this.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said elsewhere, hairloss only really came on my radar as a problem when I noticed my crown thinning in the last year. Although my hairline had obviously been receding for a few years. What do you mean by wouldn't touch the crown?
The crown is like a black hole for grafts and isn't worth wasting them there. Better to have a thicker 2/3 scalp than 25% density all over looking like you have an animal on your head