19 years old and extreme hair loss one temple

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
I am suffering from hair shedding all over the head but sides and back are not as thin. Right temple is gone empty. this occured in one year. Please help guzzz.. here are some pics of me. DSC_0288.jpgDSC_0289.jpgDSC_0292.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep taking minoxidil and add finasteride to your regimen. That is pretty much all you can do and it will work best

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes if you start finasteride and keep taking minoxidil like half of people regrow hair, most of the rest maintain their hair, and a fraction will still lose their hair but more slowly

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
is this male pattern baldness or something else..... I had full hairs one year ago.... and hairs are shedding in extreme.... every shower every comb lots of hairs

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very stressed.... And I am too fearful of finasteride... Used minoxidil for 2 to 3 months but same shedding

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
then stay scared of finasteride and don't use it and go bald. We don't care either way, it isn't our life. But if you want to stop your hair loss you should use finasteride

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you read any threads in this forum at all? The majority of people take 1mg, and some take down to 0.25mg by splitting them to avoid sides. Whether or not you lessen sides with a lower dose is debatable.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just try finasteride, you probably won't get any sides and if you do then just quit and they'll go away in a few months or less. You have male pattern baldness and finasteride is the only thing that is effective at preventing male pattern baldness long term. You have a good chance of regrowing some hair, maybe not all, but you'll probably notice a decent improvement. You probably won't regrow all the hair you've lost. At your age you have an aggressive case, without finasteride you'll probably be pretty bald in a few years time, you should at least try it. It probably won't give you side effects, and it probably will regrow hair and help you maintain what you have for a few more years, maybe longer.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
.25mg will not help with sides as it inhibits vitually the same amount of serum dht as 1mg finasteride

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
anything with 1mg finasteride or 1.25mg finasteride is good. Never heard of that brand before but its probably fine

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
and for sides???

- - - Updated - - -

Started genesis (finasteride 1mg) yesterday..... too worried now about side effects......

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
started 2 days ago and am feeling slight soreness in left testicle....... what to do??? plz reply

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
plz reply.....now i am having slight pain in right testicle and cramp in right leg....... plz reply

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
cramp in leg has nothing to do with finasteride. Inhibition of the enzyme finasteride inhibits will not cause cramps. slight pain is testicle is not concerning. People have testicle pain all the time even not on finasteride, especially minor pain. I have heard of slight ball ache when starting finasteride before probably pretty common

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
I have started big 3 for 7 days...... I have no big side effects except I am having sore kind of testicles. :(

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
What to do if I am experiencing sides such as testicular pain and my bladder not emptying completely....as I have to urinate frequently...... Should I take dose one time every two daysss??? Plz reply

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is also a prostate medicine for old men to shrink their prostates and help them urinate more easily. Testicular pain is not a big deal nor is having to go to the bathroom more often, I do not see why you want to cut back on your doses. Stop being scared unless some real sides come up (ED, etc)