18 and scared but took the jump and have taken my first dose of finasteride 2.5 mg....

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Got myself some 5mg finasteride from dr.reddy about 20 tabs.....Thought of slicing it but wasted one whole tab doing it so i have 2.5 mg everyday 3rd day which means total of 7.5mg a week's dose of finasteride....Any comments?????Do correct me if this is wrong....

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
It depends on how long the supression of DHT lasts. That is, is finasteride out of your system within 24 hours?

If so, then you are wasting a lot of drug.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm so scared to try finasteride, but if I do, I'll give it a go by swallowing the whole box.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd always go with the tried and tested 1mg (1.25mg) ED dosing. We know it works, there is not point messing around with other combo's.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Okey one month update with a NEW SIDE:-
Left testicle is aching time by time although not huge but manageble.Considering to quit and get on sprio

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
lol you are willing to get on spironolactone when you were originally scared of getting on finasteride? this doesn't make any sense to me......be careful with oral spironolactone.

fullhead

Established Member
Reaction score
You're messing up with your system by doing that, today you have high dht, tomorrow you have low dht. Finasteride needs to be taken at 1mg EVERY DAY - this is how studies have been conducted and shown most effective. I bet most of people that get sides either took too much (1,25mg every day) or just took it randomly.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're messing up with your system by doing that, today you have high dht, tomorrow you have low dht. Finasteride needs to be taken at 1mg EVERY DAY - this is how studies have been conducted and shown most effective. I bet most of people that get sides either took too much (1,25mg every day) or just took it randomly.

This is all wrong. Sides are nothing to do with how you dose and DHT doesn't change as quickly as you think. Takes over a week to return to normal.

I have zero sides on 1 mg EOD and it's working for sure. There's plenty of scientific evidence about how the drug works - google. Also evidence of people maintaining with other doses. Spencer the founder of the ********* takes 5 mg randomly once a week and has maintained for probably 20 years. Although that's not the best way to use the pill it does tell you something.

OP your sides aren't bad but by now they should have gone. If you feel they are bothering you than use RU. That's the only option. spironolactone topical is crap and oral makes you a tranny.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okey one month update with a NEW SIDE:-
Left testicle is aching time by time although not huge but manageble.Considering to quit and get on sprio

So you're going to quit finasteride because slight testicle ache (which might be just placebo based on all the horror stories from here) and then turn around and get on a drug that will give you gyno, ED, loss of libido, etc. It's not just a small chance of these things happening on spironolactone like it is with finasteride. It is almost guaranteed you develop these sides from spironolactone unless your dose is so low that it won't effect your male pattern baldness anyway.

Let us know how it goes :doh:

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
I said TOPICAL spironolactone.
Ill still be using the finasteride but IN REALLY SMALL QUANTITIES.Considering to take a 5mg finasteride tab and put it in a 60ml 5/2% minoxidil bottle.Even if it goes systemic then i don't care.Such low dose won't be a huge screw me action.
My family has a baldness history.Both sides of my family had a grandfather who are NW7.
The thing i don't understand is why me at this young age.
I don't have enough facial hair and minimal body hair.But im too damn tall(6'1).I doubt sometimes as to whether i have enough DHT in my body.If their is a huge amount of ANDR. receptors then ill just an inhibitor like flutamide or spironolactone.This whole balding regimen is stupid.I know i will go bald so why can't i just embrace.Not much kids of my age are receding and they have BETTER facial and body hair then me.
As for RU.I would love to get my hands on that babb but im in india and the price is too damn high.Any turn around would be helpful

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
you never said anything about TOPICAL spironolactone but okay. Just FYI topical spironolactone is not very effective and you are better off using RU and mixing with minoxidil.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah my bad.I have some minoxidil laying arounf but i don't know where i ca get RU in inda.The price is heavy too

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
buy finpecia by cipla . . its very cheap 50 inr for 10 tabs/ 78 inr for 15 tabs. Get yourself a pill cutter. . you d be doing yourself a favor. Good luck.