16 Years Old And Losing Hair. Balding Sucks.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone answer my question?? so I'm 16. and every guy on my mon side is bald. slick horse shoe shape bald I'm balding to whent from a nw1 to nw2 in 4 months do I have a slight chance of slowing this down to I'm of age to get on finasteride Im seeing a Dermatologist to ask for it even know its crazy but I'm desperate I love my hair I'm only in the 11th grade !! f*** dht

Attachments

• received_606274422870361.jpeg
    received_606274422870361.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,236

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear you're going through this at such a young age. Is the first picture the "after" shot? Luckily it's not that bad yet, at all. I don't think a derm would prescribe you finasteride at 16, and I personally don't think it's a good idea either. I know your hair means a lot to you, but you are still developing and don't want to exchange a couple years of relief for a life time of potential anguish. finasteride is a heavy duty drug, despite what anyone tells you. Go see the derm and see if you can get on minoxidil.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn the first pic jz from may. the-e but the second pic you can clearly see all that hair is gone now!! I yes I have been on minoxidil 5% for two months im growing a few white baby hairs on my hairline I'm gonna stick with it.I'm also been on Ketoconazole shampoo 2% everyday. I'm thinking about asking my derm for a strong azaelic acid cream so I can mix that into my minoxidil and get rid of some of dht some and maybe slow this sh*t down till o get 18 and can hope on finasteride but I think all my gains will be gone by the time I'm 18 bc I think my Androgenetic Alopecia is pretty dam aggressive

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn the first pic jz from may. the-e but the second pic you can clearly see all that hair is gone now!! I yes I have been on minoxidil 5% for two months im growing a few white baby hairs on my hairline I'm gonna stick with it.I'm also been on Ketoconazole shampoo 2% everyday. I'm thinking about asking my derm for a strong azaelic acid cream so I can mix that into my minoxidil and get rid of some of dht some and maybe slow this sh*t down till o get 18 and can hope on finasteride but I think all my gains will be gone by the time I'm 18 bc I think my Androgenetic Alopecia is pretty dam aggressive

well, you've done your research! 2% keto every day seems a bit aggressive. isn't that drying the f*ck out of your scalp. Also, just be careful with the aa, different people have different reactions to it. Are you experiencing any scalp sensations? itching, burning, crawling? Also, are you certain with this rapid progression, that you're not experiencing Telogen Effluvium or something?

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn actually the keto does dry my hair out but not to the point where it breaks of . and with the aa I hope I don't get any negative sides but I think my scalp is pretty strong cause dudes complain about just keto making there scalp itch I'm.mixing that sh*t into my minoxdil and i have no neg sides. And nah I wish it was Telogen Effluvium bc than it would go away . ik for surely its male pattern baldness bc my family history of it but so far I'm the only teenager in my family to start this early which sucks but I'm gonna fight it and try to Matain the most I can till I hit 18

tiny7

Reaction score
incase you needed someone to confirm you are going bald and you will go bald period. I don't sugar coat it... so whatever. Also don't keto every-day ; that makes your hair worse 2-3 times a week bro.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tiny7 ik ik I'm probably hopeless but I will fight the f*** out if this even if I have to get on dutasteride. Ru , azaelic acid, finasteride, I'm gonna try but your right I'm probably hopless

tiny7

Reaction score
nah man... I don't sugar coat... very early stage. Go to medicalwellnesscenter.com and get a script. Just start on propecia. They will write you a script... don't worry about sides. They are basically non-existant.

tiny7

Reaction score
Just updated link above get on propecia and worry about it at 30+... prolly cloning and w/e out by that time.

tiny7

Reaction score
Yeah start out small propecia... you have caught it very early. It will cure it for a long while... go to dutasteride after that or get a clone implant. You are fine just get on propecia now... like do it ASAP.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tiny7 see the thing that's hard about this is my parents won't let me use there credit card for nothing so I have no way to order the propecia offline and I can't even convince then I'm balding its so f*****g frustrating dude bc ik if I could just get on it right now I could cure this sh*t but my parents are f*****g idiots and don't believe me thus just makes wnaa kill myself I wish it could have waited till I was 18

tiny7

Reaction score
moneypack wally world. Propecia may run you 150+ a month + consultation though(~60). Just be open about it... I see you are going bald but people are ignorant about it. Just be straight up with them and get a job + be willing to pay for it. GL though man I know it sucks. A derma will straight up say you aren't going bald... but I'm telling you they are dumb ; get on propecia w/e it takes.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tiny7 I probably gonna have to get prosscar 5mg generic and cut them into 5ths like all guys that are poor do honestly man how long do you think it will be before I'm slick bald horse shoe bald maybe one year give me your insight ? Bc ik if I wait till I'm 18 I'll have lost to much for anything to work right ? So I mean medicaid is paying for my derm visit so im gonna go do you think I should ask her about the propecia ?

tiny7

Reaction score
Man honestly and it is hard to tell... I'd say if you didn't do anything you would be bald by 35. That is just my input... just do something about it. Proscar is fine.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You have to wait till you're 18 to get on finasteride. For now just use minoxidil and Leto but you may lose some solid density in the next 2 years. If you're close to 17 now you may not lose too much tbh.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So. @tiny7 there's probably no way in hell I can last till I'm 18 with just minoxidil 5% mixed with azaelic azid 20% high strength cream, with the derma roller , and keto 2% ? What do you think I like your honestity BTW your straight up and tell facts

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@g.i joey unfortunately thus started to happen when I was 15 in March I turned 16 may 10, so I have 2 long years to go that's why afraid there no way I can matain with just . minoxidil 5% . and dude I have hairy chest, my *** is covered , I'm hairy as f*** that's why I think propecua won't hurt me bc I have way way way to much dam dht going threw my blood. Guys get sides bc they have just enough to make hair loss happen so propecia lowers there dht down to much and that's why they get sides . but if you have overly to much of dht I don't think propecica will cause those nasty sides

tiny7

Reaction score
lol well thanks I try... I feel like there are some delusional people on this form so I try to just be real. The way I see it man is that for sure at 18 get on propecia... until that time. I dunno do what g.j joey stated above... but like he said you could lose density. You could always just order some finpecia from alldaychemist.com to get you by. Just get you a P.O box and get it over with?

BTW I am not responsible for anything .. but yeah those are the options.

needwisdom101

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tiny7 I'm guessing you need credit card for that to hu?? and hey I'm post a new pic of my hairline you mind looking and see if it got worse of better and I'll stop bothering you after that ! ?

Attachments

• 1468475752945.jpg
    1468475752945.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 433