16 With Terrible Hairline And High Forehead

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 16 and have a terrible hairline, neither of my parents or grandparents had this problem and I am wondering what I should do about it. I have just began eating healthy and exercising and wondering if that would help.

Attachments

• 3CDDDBC8-A8C5-4C56-BEDE-51D43A4C599A.jpeg
    3CDDDBC8-A8C5-4C56-BEDE-51D43A4C599A.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 510
  • EC40C331-D71F-4C95-A1C5-3FA07DDE0A67.jpeg
    EC40C331-D71F-4C95-A1C5-3FA07DDE0A67.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 500
  • DA061237-CC5D-43C3-AC0F-7ABFF991F491.jpeg
    DA061237-CC5D-43C3-AC0F-7ABFF991F491.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 507

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn im sorry that looks quite severe. Changing your diet wont help if its male pattern baldness. The best you could do at your age is use minoxidil or just accept it. Can you send better pictures please?

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn im sorry that looks quite severe. Changing your diet wont help if its male pattern baldness. The best you could do at your age is use minoxidil or just accept it. Can you send better pictures please?
Here you go, it’s just so weird, my parents and grandparents have perfect hairlines, so could it be from a lack of a vitamin or something like that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 405

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here you go, it’s just so weird, my parents and grandparents have perfect hairlines, so could it be from a lack of a vitamin or something like that?
I'm sorry man but that looks above norwood 3. It has nothing to do with vitamins or anything. What was your hairline like when you were younger?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that you have no family history of this and it’s this bad already. Did you hairline change or was it always like this? Do you have someone in the family with a similar hairline/head shape? Go to a derm asap and get your thyroid, iron, vitamin d, all checked.

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that you have no family history of this and it’s this bad already. Did you hairline change or was it always like this? Do you have someone in the family with a similar hairline/head shape? Go to a derm asap and get your thyroid, iron, vitamin d, all checked.
I will as soon as possible, I have been researching thyroid problems and I have many of the symptoms

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have any pictures of your hair when you were younger? I find it hard to believe that you can go from a normal hairline to norwood 3 at the age of 16.

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have any pictures of your hair when you were younger? I find it hard to believe that you can go from a normal hairline to norwood 3 at the age of 16.
This was me when I had very short hair when I was around 12 I think

Attachments

• 7204EC84-CB99-488C-BA00-ED2AEF817632.jpeg
    7204EC84-CB99-488C-BA00-ED2AEF817632.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 369

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your hairline isnt exposed in this picture. Are you absoluetely sure you had a normal hairline when you were young? Its just that it seems very unlikely that you can lose this much hair by 16

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked my parents and they said yes as well, would my best bet as of now to be making an appointment with a dermatologist?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, a dermatologist. I think all you can do at your age is minoxidil. What do your parents want to do?

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
As of now, they want me to talk to them more in the morning but definitely think I should visit the dermatologist.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
when did you notice your hairline? Was it suddenly at sixteen or has it been the same for a while now?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I began noticing it when I was around 14
I hope I’m wrong and this is some sort of deficiency but this is most likely early on set male pattern baldness. It started so early that I’m afraid it might be aggressive and you might need to throw a few things at it. But for now go to a dermatologist and figure this out

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong and this is some sort of deficiency but this is most likely early on set male pattern baldness. It started so early that I’m afraid it might be aggressive and you might need to throw a few things at it. But for now go to a dermatologist and figure this out
I really hope make pattern baldness is not the case, I will be making an appointment tomorrow with a dermatologist

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 16 and have a terrible hairline, neither of my parents or grandparents had this problem and I am wondering what I should do about it. I have just began eating healthy and exercising and wondering if that would help.
You have fine blond hair (not thin, fine), so please post photos of clean hair. Also, please pull all of your hair, you're leaving an inch of hair hanging so I can't really get a clear view of your hairline.

Johny18/

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have fine blond hair (not thin, fine), so please post photos of clean hair. Also, please pull all of your hair, you're leaving an inch of hair hanging so I can't really get a clear view of your hairline.

Attachments

• CB479AF1-9A7C-4904-979E-04D606160056.png
    CB479AF1-9A7C-4904-979E-04D606160056.png
    412.9 KB · Views: 315
  • B4F64B00-6B0C-46A5-8168-A62EB3921B44.png
    B4F64B00-6B0C-46A5-8168-A62EB3921B44.png
    552.1 KB · Views: 298