16 Crown Thinning, No Family History Of Balding

throwawayaccount5678

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, im only 16 and for the past 6 months ive noticed my hair has been thinning in the crown. Its pretty long so its very hard to take a picture of. My hairline is fine for now, with no receding. My hair has always been super thick and kinda curly, so i have always seen hair loss in the shower, because it when i lose hair it stays in my hair until i wash it out. I understand that 20% of men expirence hairloss before 20, so this isnt rare, but no one in my family started balding before 70, other then one my uncles who started in his mid 40s. My dad still has a full head of hair. The other thing is, im really early in puberty. I know balding can start at the onset of puberty, but i have only shaved once just a moustache, 2 months and it barely has grown back. I dont know why i would start balding this young. I had a slight vitamim d defiency so i started on supplements, i dont know if this caused it but no change has happened yet.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can happen, I started balding at 14 and (I'm 20 now) while my brother is past 30 and only just started receding, my dad has great hair for his age (51).
Post pics to make sure you ate truly balding, I thought I was balding from the crown for years and turned out I wasn't, just a damned receding hairline lol.

TimPro9976

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can happen, I started balding at 14 and (I'm 20 now) while my brother is past 30 and only just started receding, my dad has great hair for his age (51).
Post pics to make sure you ate truly balding, I thought I was balding from the crown for years and turned out I wasn't, just a damned receding hairline lol.
why did you think you were balding at the crown? Take a look at my post . I am in a similar position

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
why did you think you were balding at the crown? Take a look at my post . I am in a similar position
I just looked at it, my crown is exactly the same as yours. I thought because we can see some scalp then it must mean crown loss but that's not the case. I first noticed it at 15 and 5 years later it has not got worse, my hairline has though! My girlfriend has it too at the crown. I'm not sure why hair is finer there but pretty much everybody has it, it's just a whorl or cows lick, whatever you want to call it.

TimPro9976

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked at it, my crown is exactly the same as yours. I thought because we can see some scalp then it must mean crown loss but that's not the case. I first noticed it at 15 and 5 years later it has not got worse, my hairline has though! My girlfriend has it too at the crown. I'm not sure why hair is finer there but pretty much everybody has it, it's just a whorl or cows lick, whatever you want to call it.
I bloody hope so. I’m so close to starting finasteride but really don’t want to.’y hairline is good for now. But it’s bexome and obsessions. Taking 20+ pics a day to see how it looks.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bloody hope so. I’m so close to starting finasteride but really don’t want to.’y hairline is good for now. But it’s bexome and obsessions. Taking 20+ pics a day to see how it looks.
Starting finasteride before NW2 is a bad idea tbh. Your crown is perfect ( like mine :)) and but I've not seen your hair line.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasterid before 20 is a nono

throwawayaccount5678

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hmmm im thinking abiut it and its hard to do if its actually my crown. I have a longer undercut (soccer player hair lol) so i can only see thinning at my end of my part, near my crown.