16, am I balding? Pics

Doodlysquat

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I am balding, I included pics below of my hair pulled back.

I still have some hair above my temples that are all the way up to my highest eyebrow line there are just less. And I lose a decent amount of hair in the shower.

I first noticed this odd hairline about seven months ago and have been monitoring it since, it seems to have stayed exactly the same but it still troubles me.

Please give your opinion.

http://imgur.com/XH1Vfyd
http://imgur.com/9cjEdO9
http://imgur.com/BSR3T8j

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Balding? NO Thinning? Yes! Receding Yes!. Time to take Propecia? NO!!! Time to try minoxidil? Yes.

AlecGaro

Reaction score
Thanks is minoxidil just rogaine?

Minoxidil has different concentrations.. usually 2% and 5%. There are a lot of generic minoxidils you can find in the supermarkets.. but the bigger name brands are Rogaine and a more well reviewed one called Lipogaine. But there are plenty of them out there.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try RU58841. It supposedly has the same DHT inhibiting affect as finasteride, but is applied topically so there's no danger of systemic affects.

Another option is topical spironolacetone which competes with DHT for the follicle binding sites and thus prevents DHT from attaching to follicles and causing miniaturisation. It's not as effective as finasteride (or from what I've heard RU58841) though.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me or is he just getting the normal mature hairline that is not related to male pattern baldness?

maher

Banned
Reaction score
You could try RU58841. It supposedly has the same DHT inhibiting affect as finasteride, but is applied topically so there's no danger of systemic affects.

Another option is topical spironolacetone which competes with DHT for the follicle binding sites and thus prevents DHT from attaching to follicles and causing miniaturisation. It's not as effective as finasteride (or from what I've heard RU58841) though.

Don't mislead the kid. There is a big chance of RU58841 going systemic.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is it just me or is he just getting the normal mature hairline that is not related to male pattern baldness?
If you take that perspective its true. But what about the men who maintain their juvenile hairline for life. The ones who have little to no temple recession. Many hispanics maintain the same hairline well into their 40s and 50s. In this guy's case his temples are starting to recede and thin to form a mature hairline only at 16. I still think a mature hairline (NW2)is the first transition to the balding stage. So I would not conclude that it is NOT related to male pattern baldness as it could be the transition stage related to it. Once you go beyond a NW2, you are on your way to being diagnosed as male pattern baldness. I think if you stay at basically a NW1 until your 50's, that is someone who has no signs of male pattern baldness like Brad Pitt. Is it possible for his hairline to mature and stay that way for the next 30 year? I would say yes.

NW2 level well into you 40's and above is considered the norm for men who would not be considered diagnosed with the term male pattern baldness. Once you reach a Norwood 3 the term comes into play. Regardless, thinning and hair loss are synonymous.

Then you have female pattern balding often seen in men who maintain low level Norwood but lose a lot of density to the point they have a some scalp showing. Thats where I fall into. I kind of throw diffuse thinners into Female Pattern balding category even if they are males.

scalp'hell

Reaction score

RU58841 is very powerful it works fine at a 20mg/day. it has more power than finasteride.
it is equivalent to dutasteride.
Don't mislead the kid. There is a big chance of RU58841 going systemic.

yes it is on it is even very frequent.,some people are sensitive and if you use too Much RU you can experience erection issues for a day or two
Use less if this happens

People use very too much anyway 50mg/day this is the maximum.
it is not harmless.
CB03-01 is more security but very expensive.

susu

Reaction score
I'd say start cutting down on the alcohol and junk food if you haven't already. Processed foods in general can increase inflammation of the scalp and cause hair to fall out faster.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
I'd say start cutting down on the alcohol and junk food if you haven't already. Processed foods in general can increase inflammation of the scalp and cause hair to fall out faster.

alcohol, smoking, poor diet, poor lifestyle, stress.
all triggers inflammation.
So male pattern baldness empire.
but DHT is one of the main cause.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Then you have female pattern balding often seen in men who maintain low level Norwood but lose a lot of density to the point they have a some scalp showing. Thats where I fall into. I kind of throw diffuse thinners into Female Pattern balding category even if they are males.

I find that to be interesting. I'm a diffused thinner with no bald spots. But its thinning mostly in the male pattern areas (crown, and temples). Women thin out mostly on the top part of the head (not the crown area). Diffusers I think should be classified with male pattern baldness even if there is no "bald spot".

Doodlysquat

Reaction score
Alright thank you all for your responses. I'll cut down on the junk food. I'm going to the dermatologist too soon so hopefully they can tell me what's up or what to take. It would be amazing if it was just a mature hairline like a couple of you said.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright thank you all for your responses. I'll cut down on the junk food. I'm going to the dermatologist too soon so hopefully they can tell me what's up or what to take. It would be amazing if it was just a mature hairline like a couple of you said.

Don't waste your time with dermatologists. They're useless. You'll get more info here than from a dermatologist.

HairMagician

Reaction score
Agreed. I use RU (just started) and it is in KB solution. I can say with almost 100% certainty there IS some inevitable systemic absorption. At your age, you are still going through puberty so I would never take anything that ****s with your hormones (Anti Androgens, DHT blockers like finasteride). As others stated, go with minoxidil. I started balding young too, and it allowed me to keep my hair stable for a good 3 years. If you respond well, it could get you into your twenties without much more recession, and by then you could hop on finasteride or RU if you decide you really want to halt the recession.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
I think hair magician right.
use minoxidil 2% in first.
you can add RU58841 or finasteride aged 18 or maybe CB if it is available with a good vehicle.
the sides of RU58841 are present more often What do you think.
hair magician how RU / day do you use?

scalp'hell

Reaction score
mature hairline......it's joke?