15 Years Old And Balding. Losing Hair As A Teenager.

Henry Samson

Reaction score
I'm 15 and pretty sure I've already started balding. My family history is mediocre, dad's bald, his dad isn't, on moms side the only person balding is my cousin, so I assume that's from his mom. Anyway, I had about shoulder length hair until I was 14 and then cut it last summer. Now I use a comb and style it, instead of just letting it do whatever. Well, with the shorter hair and extra styling, I don't notice much more shedding, but I do see some. I also feel like I have less density in the front. image.jpeg Anyway, from this picture, can you tell if this is balding?

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 15 and pretty sure I've already started balding. My family history is mediocre, dad's bald, his dad isn't, on moms side the only person balding is my cousin, so I assume that's from his mom. Anyway, I had about shoulder length hair until I was 14 and then cut it last summer. Now I use a comb and style it, instead of just letting it do whatever. Well, with the shorter hair and extra styling, I don't notice much more shedding, but I do see some. I also feel like I have less density in the front. View attachment 38467 Anyway, from this picture, can you tell if this is balding?

Hey dude, based on your pic you look alright. Your temples don't seem to be receding and I didn't really notice a whole lot of scalp. 15 is really young to lose, so I wouldn't worry yet. I think having shorter, styled hair may be tricking your mind a bit since you're used to a longer style. If possible, can you provide another pic under brighter lighting?

Henry Samson

Reaction score
Hey dude, based on your pic you look alright. Your temples don't seem to be receding and I didn't really notice a whole lot of scalp. 15 is really young to lose, so I wouldn't worry yet. I think having shorter, styled hair may be tricking your mind a bit since you're used to a longer style. If possible, can you provide another pic under brighter lighting?
Thanks for looking. I hope you're right, and here's a better picture image.jpeg

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly think you're good little bro! I used to rock a mullet back when I played jr hockey and then cut it real short. It seemed as if my front was a bit thinner, but that's because I was used to dealing with a long mop. Hopefully some more experienced folks look at your pics and back me up, but I really don't think you have much to worry about! I'm only 24, so I can only imagine how I would have reacted at 15 haha.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Shedding is how my baldness began. You should be checking the density of your vertex, not hairline. That's what usually gets bald first.

Henry Samson

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's responded but I've got one more question. I use hair fiber everyday, it's a styling product the consistency of tooth paste, and if I use a lot of it, it makes my hair crispy, and when I wash it out, I notice about 6-10 hairs in my comb or brush. Is this because the product makes my hair stick together, and I notice more coming out since it's "loosened", or do y'all think the product causes excess hair loss?

Andy31

Reaction score
Looks completely normal. At 15 you should be stressing about other things, not hairloss

jay42

Reaction score
I'm 15 and pretty sure I've already started balding. My family history is mediocre, dad's bald, his dad isn't, on moms side the only person balding is my cousin, so I assume that's from his mom. Anyway, I had about shoulder length hair until I was 14 and then cut it last summer. Now I use a comb and style it, instead of just letting it do whatever. Well, with the shorter hair and extra styling, I don't notice much more shedding, but I do see some. I also feel like I have less density in the front. View attachment 38467 Anyway, from this picture, can you tell if this is balding?

Looks good to me, I actually started loosing my hair at 17, so I know how it feels but like I said it looks good.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks completely normal. At 15 you should be stressing about other things, not hairloss
True that. At 15 I was stressing about other things while obsessed over my hairstyle a bit as well. Now at 22 hair loss got me extremely obsessed over hair....

Henry Samson

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey y'all. I know the general consensus was that I wasn't balding, but my temples are starting to look recessive to me, and my hairline looks strange. Any thoughts on these pictures is greatly appreciated!

Henry Samson

Reaction score
My hair is still looking thin to me especially if I try to wear it pompadour style. What do y'all think? I know I have a natural hair part where it looks thin, but it looks like balding to me.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 554

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is how my baldness began. You should be checking the density of your vertex, not hairline. That's what usually gets bald first.

It's not the same for everyone. My hair loss is exclusive to the hairline and front. Vertex and everything else 100% intact...this is even after several years of hair loss.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very normal for boys and girls to start receding in their early to mid teens. At least half of my students, girls too display this. The juvenile NW0 hairline recedes to an NW1 hairline, maybe NW2 in some by late teens or early 20s. Lots of girls start showing wispy hair at the edge of their hairline too.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Psst! On Three right? OK OK!

WELCOME HOME BUDDY!!!

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW7 in 2 months bruh. Panic now. Seriously, focus on school instead of hanging around here kid.