15% minoxidil?

nikko

Reaction score
Do you guys think it is possible to purchase it in normal apotheke or just online? If the latter where could find in in eu?

drock18

Reaction score
I have Murray's 15%. I just started. But's a bit thick, like lotion. how do you apply it? I feel like a good amount gets stuck in my hair since I diffused thinning all over.

- - - Updated - - -

is 1ml really enough to cover your whole head if you have diffused thinning?

Hunter99

Reaction score
Can any of you gentlemen please recommend a legit source for 15% minoxidil WITHOUT Azelaic acid?

Thanks!

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
murray ave apothecary in the usa...they could ship to japan for a fee...only legit place i know of, but cost $90 dollars US a bottle plus you need a script from a medical wellness pharmacy website ($60) ,.....google them, or give them a cal, they are in pittsburgh PA. l
Can any of you gentlemen please recommend a legit source for 15% minoxidil WITHOUT Azelaic acid?

Thanks!

Hunter99

Reaction score
murray ave apothecary in the usa...they could ship to japan for a fee...only legit place i know of, but cost $90 dollars US a bottle plus you need a script from a medical wellness pharmacy website ($60) ,.....google them, or give them a cal, they are in pittsburgh PA. l

Thanks for the info, I'll bear that in mind. Sounds pricey and the prescription I could do without.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
unless you can get your doctor to give you a prescription for a higher strength minoxidil plus the topical finasteride plus all the additives (aa, progesterone, hydrocortisone) then there is no way around it. id just pay it tbh, bc its hard finding a doctor who will write such an exact script without a fuss and a million questions.
Thanks for the info, I'll bear that in mind. Sounds pricey and the prescription I could do without.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
unless you can get your doctor to give you a prescription for a higher strength minoxidil plus the topical finasteride plus all the additives (aa, progesterone, hydrocortisone) then there is no way around it. id just pay it tbh, bc its hard finding a doctor who will write such an exact script without a fuss and a million questions.

Or you could come across someone from a hairloss forum who has all the necessary tools, lab access, and pharmaceutical grade chemicals to create said mixture.

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what's difference between 15% minoxidil and just applying MORE of the 5% Regaine?

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think its as easy or simple as that , i.e. if you apply 2ml of a 5% minoxidil, instead of just 1 ml as the bottle reads, you won't get a 10% solution.
Excuse my ignorance but what's difference between 15% minoxidil and just applying MORE of the 5% Regaine?

gooose

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think its as easy or simple as that , i.e. if you apply 2ml of a 5% minoxidil, instead of just 1 ml as the bottle reads, you won't get a 10% solution.

But you get the same amount of minoxidil just in more dilute form.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just use 1ml of 15% of Murray per day. Trust me, applying 5% more times is not good, it gave me strong headaches. Using 1ml of 15% lotion from Murray is safe and effective, I don't get headaches. Usually you know within an hour of applying if you get headaches or not on more applications of 5%. Like once I used 3ml of 5% at once, and within the hour got a terrible, terrible headache,it was unbearable, and uncharacteristic because I don't get headaches ever. The headache went away after I thoroughly washed the minx off my scalp. I tried it again a different day and the same thing happened, really bad headache from applying 3ml at once. I relieved the headache after washing my scalp completely again. That's when I knew it was the extra application of minoxidil.

Now maybe if you apply 1ml+1ml+1ml+1ml throughout the day, washing your scalp off of the dried minoxidil, maybe you won't get the headaches I experienced. Maybe I got the headaches because I applied 3ml at once.