15% minoxidil?

crohm

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using Dualgen-15 no PG plus (1ml every night) for the last 4 months in combination with .5mg dutasteride (every other day). However, when I went to order more on minoxidilmax.com the website indicated that their products are not available in the US (weird seeing as I bought from them in end July 2015).

Do you guys know of a reputable place to purchase 15% minoxidil? I've been getting very good results so far, it's hard to say if it was the minoxidil (I am curious as to what the legitimacy of minoxidilmax's products is...) or the switch from daily 1mg finasteride to 0.5mg dutasteride every other day that is causing the regrowth.

Thank you.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil max has two different versions, one version contains finasteride, the other no finasteride. Last time I placed an order I thought something was wrong too, then I realised that I was looking at the finasteride version.

Try this version

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/dualgen-15-pg

crohm

Reaction score
I've had good experiences with two 15% minoxidil companies, that sell to US citizens. One was xandrox (to be fair, they have been known to have less min in their solution), the other is Medical Wellness Center. I'm sure there are a lot more than these in the US. Just lookup on this site.

So, what do you mean by less minoxidil in their solution (like you suspect it's more like 10-12%?)? I was concerned regarding xandrox since supposedly they were shut down by the FDA but now they're back. You can testify that this new xandrox is legitimate? It sounds like they're escaping the FDA by manufacturing in Canada.

Thanks for the replies!

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
i use murray ave apothecary as well, only cons is the price. you need a 60 dollar prescription from the medical wellness center website for the compounded script, and a bottle of their 15% cream is 90 bucks, so its 150 bucks just to start.
So, what do you mean by less minoxidil in their solution (like you suspect it's more like 10-12%?)? I was concerned regarding xandrox since supposedly they were shut down by the FDA but now they're back. You can testify that this new xandrox is legitimate? It sounds like they're escaping the FDA by manufacturing in Canada.

Thanks for the replies!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
i use murray ave apothecary as well, only cons is the price. you need a 60 dollar prescription from the medical wellness center website for the compounded script, and a bottle of their 15% cream is 90 bucks, so its 150 bucks just to start.

Warner , If you remember we have talked about the murray avenue lotion about a month ago , At that time , I didn't see any regrowth and maybe

more shedding and I was really disappointed with the result but it has covered a month after and Now I can say I've got MUCH more thickening

and also significant regrowth in front of my scalp , The result is really good so far regarding that I am using that for less than 4 months

but I have to wait more to make a fair judgment , I just like to give you an Update.

robot_hair

Reaction score
There is an old post somewhere from a guy who claims regrowth after moving from 5% minoxidil twice a day, to 5% minoxidil four times a day. I personally use "double doses" of 5% minoxidil twice a day. (2ML)

Perhaps I will try a 15% mixture.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
There is an old post somewhere from a guy who claims regrowth after moving from 5% minoxidil twice a day, to 5% minoxidil four times a day. I personally use "double doses" of 5% minoxidil twice a day. (2ML)

Perhaps I will try a 15% mixture.

If someone use that 4 times a day maybe get the same result as upping the dosage , I always have this question and not sure. You maybe right.
I believe one of the most important thing in using minoxidil 15 % is the Vehicle , I personally have a much better experience with DMI and also cream based minoxidil
than Alcohol .

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
can we only get concentrations above 5% online? i have been on 5% for around 3 years and finasteride for almost one year

crown is good but i wouldnt be opposed to trying a higher minoxidil conc. on hairline

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I think they stopped selling in the US, please correct me if I'm wrong. They used to, and then they stopped. But at least they are honest and tell people.

I've been ripped off on sites that claim customs gets their product, but refuse to give me a refund. Burned once, I always research their success rate with people in my own country, or I check with people here first.

It's really good this person is checking with people on this board.

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised that I got regrowth on my right temple. Especially at my age, because most of my follicles have been dead for some time.

The reason I only got it on my right is probably because my left temple responds better to 5% min than my left. It has more hair than my left.

Very Interesting , I am happy for you , and it makes sense , Minoxidil 5 % works better than 2 % from all those paper and trail we have , Minoxidil
15% SHOULD work much better than 5 % at least on paper , And murray avenue has the best minoxidil 15% quality , although its expensive ,
I see some hair in my frontal which wasn't there for 3 years and I didn't get that regrowth with my lipogaine.
My hair quality and thickness has really improved and I have some terminal regrowth in my frontal and its only 4 months that I am using that ,
I hopefully get better result over a one year course and then go for hair transplant to come back to NW1.

crohm

Reaction score
So which website specifically do you purchase from? There seem to be two different websites when you look up murray ave pharmacy vs. medical wellness center. Thanks for all the input!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
So which website specifically do you purchase from? There seem to be two different websites when you look up murray ave pharmacy vs. medical wellness center. Thanks for all the input!

Hi crohm , Medical Wellness center , and you need the prescription to do it.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just to be 100% sure, this is it? https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/MINOXIDILHairLossPrescriptionINDEXpage.html

I can't find any pricing listed, how much would a bottle of 15% minoxidil run in combination with all the additives except for the finasteride?

You're so welcome.
Each bottle is around 90 $ , If you purchase 3 it would be around 80 $ ( 10 percent discount ) , they also have a special for 4 December and they give you 20 % discount on that exact date , but its better if you check with them to make sure if they have it for new patients or not , Each bottle is last you around two months .

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Two months? I supplement it with 5%, do you? Mine lasts for one month (or a little over that). I'm probably using too much. Went down from 30% to 15%.

I am using Susan lotion once daily ( 6pumps = which is equal to 1ml ) and use lipogaine 5% ( 1-1.5 ml at night ) .

My first lotion has finished in 6 weeks , the second last me around 2 months , Lets do math , If you use 1ml everyday it should be last two months since its 65ml . you may use more...But who cares as long as you get regrowth...Money doesn't matter at all .. I asked her if I use more like twice
in a day and she told me you would waste your money...But I believe it depends on the bald spot we have..

Reaction score
15% minoxidil could cause some trouble with your blood circle. I mean some almost faint from 5% minoxidil because they are the ones experience side effect. For those who have side effects from minoxidil a 15% dosage would probably dangerous so best not to start with 15% right way.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
i mean clearly start with 5% and see how you respond, both hair growth wise and side effect wise. if you are getting growth and no side effects then no need to jump percentages. but if you are getting no growth and no sides, then u can try jumping to ten and then 15 and see how you feel and if you get growth. clearly stop any med if it gives you sides that you cant live with
15% minoxidil could cause some trouble with your blood circle. I mean some almost faint from 5% minoxidil because they are the ones experience side effect. For those who have side effects from minoxidil a 15% dosage would probably dangerous so best not to start with 15% right way.