14 year user. amazing regrow in months with dutasteride. PICS

eduardmcc

Reaction score
Bare with me cause english is not my native language.

i have been a user in this forum for more than 10 years, My account i think got cancel because inactive for so long so i created a new one, (old username was eduardmc)

i have suffer from male pattern baldness DIFUSSING THINING NW7, don't want to go into much but i'm a great responder to treatment like minoxidil, and finasteride. Started in 2001 using minoxidil and saw amazing regrow. At the begining my barber had to shave my forhead because i was growing hair everywhere (after 3 month of using minoxidil). HAD a bad flake reaction from it but NIZORAL helped out alot. After i was shedding again i added finasteride (generic from inhouse) this was about a year after only using minoxidil and seeing that it would not be enough.

I'm much worse than when i started, i have tried dutasteride (yes.. just bare with me) spironolactone, tricom, minoxidil (all kind), finasteride, and other things i dont remember. I tried about 7 years ago dutasteride (generic from inhouse) and the first batch seem to work but the second batch was not working and 3rd batch either, i gave up and went back to finasteride (my mistake).

i always rotate minoxidil, use the kirkland brand, the rogain foam, dr lee (when he was around, his minoxidil had a higher alcohol % and use to dry pretty quick) and lipogaine. 15% was to greasy and never worked for me.

NOW. for a year i have lose so much hair, with my regular regimen (finasteride, minoxidil, lipogaine shampoo) and my hairloss was getting worse and worse. IM not new to this and i know when i'm shedding, AND when my regimen is no longer working. I was getting depress, after coming back to the forum and reading about everything it seems my last chance was to try dutasteride again, (together with my regimen including finasteride)

i bought liquid dutasteride and have been using .25g a day since MAY 29.

EDIT: HAIR is more healthy now, no longer have to use DERMATCH which i have been using for more than 5 year now to cover my hairloss. My hair doesnt have the FLAT THIN FEEL any more. Things are looking pretty good for only 3 month

THIS PIC ARE FROM MAY 29

added dutasteride to my regimen (finasteride, dutasteride, LIPOGAIN MORING, ROGAIN FOAM NIGHT, 2%MICONAZOLE NITRATE, LIPOGAIN SHAMPOO)

THIS IS FROM AUGUST 30

Reaction score
Thank u very much for sharing,so do u advice me to start dutasteride?I am on propecia for 4 years and its effeciancy is decreasing.

eduardmcc

Reaction score
Thank u very much for sharing,so do u advice me to start dutasteride?I am on propecia for 4 years and its effeciancy is decreasing.

I believe dutasteride will server you well. try starting with a low dosage like i did .25mg if you buy liquid. If you buy pill of 0.5mg try 2x a week and see if you see any improvements over 3-6 month, i saw improvement withing 2 weeks of adding dutasteride to my regimen (my hair stopped falling). Some people go for higher dosage and i understand because it becomes despred to be losing your hair and u want treament to work ASAP. But we all lose effectiness over time and you'll have to upper the dosage for it to work more effective. So is better to start with low dosage. I did notice the first few weeks using ONLY .25mg of dutasteride, the bad side effect of not getting erections and no desire to have sex. But thanx God everythying seems to be coming back to normal after 3 month.

zazie

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your results!

When / how are you using the liquid dutasteride? Are you using minoxidil twice a day?

And where are you getting the liquid dutasteride?

Thanks!

eduardmcc

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your results!

When / how are you using the liquid dutasteride? Are you using minoxidil twice a day?

And where are you getting the liquid dutasteride?

Thanks!

I get my dutasteride from (ar dot com) i know you cant post link in here. it comes in liquid form of 15mg, which is a month supply if you use .5mg a day ( i use .25mg so i get around 2 month). Is kind of expensive compare to buying pills in 6 month batch from generic places. To me it really doesnt matter now since i'm scare to switch to another dutasteride cause this one is working so great.

Like i mention in my post, i use lipogaine in the morning and rogaine foam at night. i also use NITRATE 5 days a week, don't know if is helping but i heard good things about helping hair grow faster. I'm not using any pills like MSM, BIOTIN, . It did help in the past but i get bad skin reaction from them.

If anyone interested about this, i also go around 6 days a week to the gym (weight lifting and cardio) HAVE NEVER USE STERIOD. I avoid anything with creatine since it MIGHT affect hairloss. Theres no actual FACT about it but i rather not take the chance. So i dont even take any preworkout drink, only use wey protein. have been weight lifting for years now.

I shampoo my hair every other day. (one day yes one day no).

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great update and results, thanks for coming back. I am moving this to the success story section, I hope that is okay for you. I feel it belongs over there either way, whether we are talking long term maintenance or regrowth!

Reaction score
I believe dutasteride will server you well. try starting with a low dosage like i did .25mg if you buy liquid. If you buy pill of 0.5mg try 2x a week and see if you see any improvements over 3-6 month, i saw improvement withing 2 weeks of adding dutasteride to my regimen (my hair stopped falling). Some people go for higher dosage and i understand because it becomes despred to be losing your hair and u want treament to work ASAP. But we all lose effectiness over time and you'll have to upper the dosage for it to work more effective. So is better to start with low dosage. I did notice the first few weeks using ONLY .25mg of dutasteride, the bad side effect of not getting erections and no desire to have sex. But thanx God everythying seems to be coming back to normal after 3 month.
Thank u man for your response,I really needed an advice to decide if I should take dutasteride or not.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks very good. How do u use finasteride and dutasteride at the same time? One in morning and one at night? What doseage of finasteride do u take?

eduardmcc

Reaction score
Looks very good. How do u use finasteride and dutasteride at the same time? One in morning and one at night? What doseage of finasteride do u take?

I use both in the morning one right after the other. I get proscar generic 5mg pills. i got tired over the year cutting them into 4-5 pieces. now i just grab one of the pills and take a small bite per day, which i get around 5 to 6 bites out of every pills. that could count to about 1mg of finasteride. To my undertstanding, doesn't matter what time of day u take finasteride or dutasteride since it start working overtime, it will not work the first day since it starts building up into your system. This is the reason when you stop finasteride or dutasteride it will still working for a month or so (i might be wrong on the time) and you still get side effect for a while even if you stop.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
eduardmcc, great results from Dutasteride, thank you for sharing. :)

Sorry I am new here, but what is dutasteride?

It means Dutasteride, it's a type of anti-androgen, specifically belonging the the category of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors. It's a medication approved to treat an enlarged prostate, though also works excellent for most at treating Male Pattern Baldness. I take Dutasteride myself as well and have benefited plenty from it.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Updates? I have added dutasteride twice a week to my 1mg finasteride and twice daily foam. Shedding has slowed down after 2.5 months

Bad Clown

Reaction score
Eduard,

Did you notice any frontal hairline loss when you first started using dutasteride? That's a common complaint.

Also, where exactly are you ordering the dutasteride? The ar.com appears to be a search engine. Can you be more specific?

Thanks

Bad Clown

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used dutasteride for 4 months now and haven't seen any problems with my hairline. Infact it has improved a bit. And the reality is that his frontal region has improved remarkably using dutasteride.

OSWALD

Reaction score
These are NOT dutasteride results. These are minoxidil results. If you quit minoxidil, you will lose important part of your hair.Minoxidil looks like hair fibers aka topic. Minoxidil causes fake results.