1324 Grafts With Dr. Michael Beehner

Results?

• Bad

• Good

Results are only viewable after voting.

JimmyBbb

My Regimen
Reaction score
3850 Hairs for a total of $6210. I have two sets of post-ops at 13months, one at a decent length, another buzzed down with a #3 so the scalp is more visible. Sorry for the poor pre-op photo. Added the 5 month to showcase the redness that was still very visible at the time, and to show the area of transplanted hair.

Attachments

• Pre-op.jpg
    Pre-op.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,633
  • 5 months post.jpg
    5 months post.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,886
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,613
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,654
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,587
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,576
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,450
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,458
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,526
Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the amount of grafts used you got a decent result. You will need a couple of more procedures though.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beehner is a f*****g shithead and should never have operated on you because he's not equipped or skilled enough to deal with a case of your high norwood. Completely unethical, the amount of hairs where nowhere near enough but it looks like your yield was poor on top of that. I would ask for my money back and threaten to post this on each of the transplant forums if he says no.

Should have opted for a better doctor though mate, there are plenty of better doctors in the US at a similar price range so I don't get why you'd choose Beehner.

JimmyBbb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to him because his portfolio looked great and due to the fact that he's an IAHRS doctor (which means nothing, come to find out). Going through this ordeal with this guy really opened up my eyes into how poorly I researched how hair transplants are done. Still though, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable.

Either way, I'm doing exactly what you suggested. I'm posting these results to every forum I can find. If he feels these results don't warrant a refund and that it's a good results, then I'll plaster his work everywhere online.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, on one hand, you only had 1300 done and you were a NW5, so considering that it seems a fair result? But as far as what some others have stated...he shouldn't have told you so few in your situation, as it's too sparse. You could do with another 2000 at least. Good luck!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to him because his portfolio looked great and due to the fact that he's an IAHRS doctor (which means nothing, come to find out). Going through this ordeal with this guy really opened up my eyes into how poorly I researched how hair transplants are done. Still though, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable.

Either way, I'm doing exactly what you suggested. I'm posting these results to every forum I can find. If he feels these results don't warrant a refund and that it's a good results, then I'll plaster his work everywhere online.

I hope it works out and he does the right thing man, if you get a chance for a second run through in my opinion you need around the 5000 grafts mark at the least for full coverage. Look to hasson + Wong in canada and erdogan in Turkey as the best doctors for large mega sessions

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Terrible planning by the surgeon. Looks decayed, uneven and therefore pluggy. Thoughts on surgeon @buckthorn

Not a candidate unless you could have had at least 7k total grafts.

Rip off too.

yeah OP, I am sorry but I have to agree. that is no where enough grafts to fill in that large area. He spread them out too far and the gaps in between the grafts give the kind of "pluggy" appearance. The hair line has no rhyme or reason either. This reminds me of how bosley did my hair line. Just rapidly creating recipient sites, tugging and plugging away in order to get to the next client. I am not a fan of this surgeon at all. Luckily, I don't think it will look to bad shaved.

Right now, I would suggest spreading your story on as many forums as possible and writing a letter to the office stating you are doing so. Don't "trash talk" just do what you did here and provide the exact details of what happened. a few areas you might want to address -

1) are you on any preventative medication? (finasteride) and did he even try to prescribe this to you before the transplant?

2) When you met with him, did he detail WHO would be extracting the grafts and creating the recipient sites? Was it himself or the technicians? If it was the technicians, how experienced are they?

3) Did he warn you about needing multiple procedures? or did he simply imply that this one procedure would look good?

4) also look for other results from this guy. NOT the images on his website, but other people who've had similar experiences with him.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
For that much money, that's shocking.

I hope he does the right thing and refunds you. Otherwise he's a hack

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6200$?

He is probably laughing at people like you.

Sorry saying it but.. its great example how people rub people

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should never go to a surgeon who sells by the hair should always be priced per graft. You may only have got 1500-2000 grafts which is nowhere enough for your norwood level.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the clown who did the FUE study feller and bloxham among others always quote as proof that FUE is terrible in comparison to FUT just as an aside too.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its about time that the IAHRS had a compensation insurance scheme for its doctors like in other medical industries. Those of us who have had bad experiences should be able to get a free fix/compensation at least.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is the clown who did the FUE study feller and bloxham among others always quote as proof that FUE is terrible in comparison to FUT just as an aside too.

Feller and Bloxham truly confused me about fue. What were their findings in their study?

JimmyBbb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I made this thread, the office did reach out to me.

They are giving me options to make up for their work, at no charge. Some options, as you might imagine, are less appealing than the one I feel I deserve.

I would like to thank everyone here for their support. This forum specifically did me a huge favor, and keeping this thread on the first page did a world of good. So many thanks!

Something odd that I noticed about a thread I made on reddit, is that it was heavily down-voted. The help here means a lot.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I made this thread, the office did reach out to me.

They are giving me options to make up for their work, at no charge. Some options, as you might imagine, are less appealing than the one I feel I deserve.

I would like to thank everyone here for their support. This forum specifically did me a huge favor, and keeping this thread on the first page did a world of good. So many thanks!

Something odd that I noticed about a thread I made on reddit, is that it was heavily down-voted. The help here means a lot.

You should know that all hope is not lost. I would really try for a refund if at all possible...if you can do that, you can put that money towards a really top doctor and get a much better result. Don't swear off transplants becuase of this. There are some skilled Dr.s out there who can give you a lot of hope. I'm saving up right now so I can do it, but you'd better believe I'm gonna do my homework!

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't FUT better for the top of head but worse for the hairline? FUE seems better for hairline but worse for everywhere else on the head.

JimmyBbb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been talking with Dr. Beehner's office for the past month and we both came to a solution we can agree on. There were some disagreements, but they have since been resolved in a professional matter. I can honestly say that I have been shown a great deal of understanding and empathy for the situation, from their end, and I greatly appreciate it.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
It is not bad for the number of grafts you got. You will need more work in the future, but you can deal with that when the time comes. Don't listen to the naysayers.