1322 Total: ARTAS (mostly) + Manual FUE (Dr. Yates, Chicago)

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
So far I can give you guys the one day post OP results. Their office has a lot more pictures like pre-op and the times I visited before. The whole staff there seem pretty nice and friendly. As far as I know, the punch size for the ARTAS and manual are both 0.9mm. I am hoping for nice scars. I been on finasteride since feb 2012. I been on dutasteride since september 2012. I been on RU58841 50mg per day since October 2013. I use Nizoral one or two percent whenever I shower.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,001
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,318
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 875
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 929

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
more pix

You can see my dutasteride results and sheds here. This is about as close to a pre-op set of pictures I can come up with.

Attachments

• rpic7.jpg
    rpic7.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,036
  • rpic6.jpg
    rpic6.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 900
  • rpic5.jpg
    rpic5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • rpic4.jpg
    rpic4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • rpic3.jpg
    rpic3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • rpic2.jpg
    rpic2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 994
  • rpic1.jpg
    rpic1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,078

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah that's a massive improvement on dutasteride. I am a similar situation to your last pre op pic dated 17/10/14. Would love to get my hairline back on finasteride this time next year but unlikely.

Nice hair transplant. What Norwood is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add you will look awesome now dude, hair is great density but I feel a lower hairline would have been nice?

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Woah that's a massive improvement on dutasteride. I am a similar situation to your last pre op pic dated 17/10/14. Would love to get my hairline back on finasteride this time next year but unlikely.

Nice hair transplant. What Norwood is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add you will look awesome now dude, hair is great density but I feel a lower hairline would have been nice?
I think the transplant should mimic a full NW2 compared to the original NW3-like state I had before. I didn't want to get greedy with the grafts and went with the original doctor's suggestion without complaint. The redness is almost unnoticeable which is my main concern about the current state of my scalp. Most of the grafts shed already which is okay, just part of the process.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice!! How do you use both finasteride and dutasteride? Did RU help in regrowth? How old are you and if you dont mind me asking how much did the hair transplant cost?
Waiting to see your full results after a year :)

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice!! How do you use both finasteride and dutasteride? Did RU help in regrowth? How old are you and if you dont mind me asking how much did the hair transplant cost?
Waiting to see your full results after a year :)
I am 25. I take 1/4 5mg (1.25mg roughly) finasteride with 1/4 (50mg roughly) 200mg caffeine as soon as I get up in the morning. I take dutasteride sometime close before I goto bed in the evening. It is most likely pointless to take both but I do it anyway. RU probably at least helped stabilize my gains from dutasteride. I been mixing the AHK-CU copper peptide with the RU lately in hope of stimulating the grafts to grow better.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh so that is .5 mg due ED? Anyway that is some solid regimen you got there man!

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Three months post op. Maybe my life isn't too eventful but this has been the most stressful three months I ever had in my life. While I don't mind having a 0.9mm punch used on me, I'm not sure if the artas robot has an advantage over doctors that preform manual fue in 0.7-0.9mm punch sizes with consistently great results without transecting. Not sure if the one-size-fits all approach is the best. Not sure if I'd ever be interested in using up anymore donor in the future as it put a bigger dent in it than I thought. I didn't do the math or did any research plus I didn't put much thought into my decision while having price and convenience as a factor. A week prior to agreeing to the surgery, I didn't seriously have the thought of doing a surgery at all. On a positive note, the recipient area looks great without any cobble-stoning or ridging so far. I am hoping the donor will fill up more, I had severe shockloss in the donor and recipient area that mostly recovered after 3-4 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Shaved #1 on an electric razor on January 26th. At this point, can't get away with shaving any closer than a #2. #3 is on the safe side. Pictures look different compared to real life I think. Hopefully just some shockloss?

P1260187.jpgP1260188.jpgP1260194.jpg

Attachments

• P2090203.jpg
    P2090203.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 842
  • P2090204.jpg
    P2090204.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 878
  • P2090205.jpg
    P2090205.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 902

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I thin you're over-obsessing. Donor looks good to me. Ok, at closely inspection there are some dots, but nobody is going to closely inspect it or take pictures, and it's back of head, anyway.
Yes, that's what i thought after my 1st implant,that donor is thinned and i wouldn't do another, but guess what, i did the second, and now donor looks even better, more uniform.
Good luck!

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
I thin you're over-obsessing. Donor looks good to me. Ok, at closely inspection there are some dots, but nobody is going to closely inspect it or take pictures, and it's back of head, anyway.
Yes, that's what i thought after my 1st implant,that donor is thinned and i wouldn't do another, but guess what, i did the second, and now donor looks even better, more uniform.
Good luck!
yeah, I'm probably overthinking things, need to adjust perhaps

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time, you'll still be noticing hair growth a year in. Im at the stage where my transplanted hair is starting to shed.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your surgeon said this is a Norwood 2? Looks at least Norwood 2.5 to me, almost near the ears at the corners. So you must have been even further back prior to the op. I wouldn't worry about the dots, I assume you will at least have back and sides at least number 2 long term and it won't be noticeable then.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Your surgeon said this is a Norwood 2? Looks at least Norwood 2.5 to me, almost near the ears at the corners. So you must have been even further back prior to the op. I wouldn't worry about the dots, I assume you will at least have back and sides at least number 2 long term and it won't be noticeable then.

I was told it was a NW3

loco88

Reaction score
Dude those pictures are the before and after hair transplant? or just your regime of finasteride + dutasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

You can see my dutasteride results and sheds here. This is about as close to a pre-op set of pictures I can come up with.

Is this before and after pics of your Hair transplant?

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude those pictures are the before and after hair transplant? or just your regime of finasteride + dutasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this before and after pics of your Hair transplant?

Just the dutasteride sheds. All medication, has nothing to do with transplants. I would have probably been fine with the medication alone hehe

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
4 months post-op. I'm going to have a good buddy help me do some future pictures.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpg

loco88

Reaction score
Hey man!

I cant believe the regrowth you had had with just dutasteride i mean its insane!

When you started did you suffer any side effects? Im curently on my first week taking dutasteride once a week and ive been getting ball ache ever since i started...my qst is should i quit dutasteride or should i ride it out because it will go away?

Thank you and I await your quick replya!

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man!

I cant believe the regrowth you had had with just dutasteride i mean its insane!

When you started did you suffer any side effects? Im curently on my first week taking dutasteride once a week and ive been getting ball ache ever since i started...my qst is should i quit dutasteride or should i ride it out because it will go away?

Thank you and I await your quick replya!
It's not all regrowth, a lot of it is shedding. But the shedding gives you a good idea where my male pattern baldness was going. Dutasteride side effects are a bumpy ride, seems the longer I am on it the more I am used to it.