12 Years On Finasteride And Min Long Term Success

Ryan1972

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but you kind of look like Ryan Seacrest and your name is Ryan how ironic. In your 2017 photos you look like Tarzan. You managed to maintain your physique too. Is it all natural now?
I actually get the Seacrest thing from people quite a bit. I’d certainly love to have his money haha I have always been muscular and lean. I was a very skinny teen and in early twenties I started lifting. I have good genetics. If eat decent and workout daily I get very lean and about 190 at 5’11” tall. If I eat like sh*t and don’t train I get soft but not fat. That summer I hit the gym really hard. It was 2017 when my hair was that long. I’m not quite as lean now cause I hurt my back and took some time off training but I’m recently back at it. I have used steroids in the past when I was in late twenties and early thirties. But I have not used them in many years. I’m considering HRT eventually as I am 47 now. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Ryan1972

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude looks like a better looking version of Guy Pearce and even better hair too lol.

This is basically goals for every person here, having better hair after you start treatment 12 years later...

We have a few people on here posting updates now and again that shows staying the course is better than not. Peabody for example.
Thank you... I really have much better hair now and it has completely maintained for years. I used to post on the two hair loss forums as RSR37 I believe and posted pics of basically a horseshoe pattern of baldness and my whole top of head was completely diffused and miniaturized. It looked like pubic hair lol. I never thought I’d grow it out and feel bangs again. It really took many years to come back and I still have what are called truncated growth cycles. I still shed a lot and I still worry but time has proven that the meds work.

Ryan1972

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you find applying minoxidil foam when you had long hair?
I’ve always liked the foam and found it to be good at any hair length. Something about it makes the hair “lift” like it’s stronger than it really is. Even with long hair it was fine. I would put it in with wet hair after shower and brush hair out. Then let it air dry. Then brush out and style with hands and surf hair putty. It took awhile to dry but it looked natural and I have waves and curls slightly so looked like surfer hair.

Ryan1972

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you dermaroll? Is it difficult to do it? I thought that the people who dermarolled were people with complete bald spots but I assume you do it over your hair?

Fantastic results btw. Nothing else to say really.
I started dermarolling within the last few months. I have fairly short hair now and I dermaroll every Sunday and every Wed right out of the shower with a 1.5mm roller. It hurts. I do it for about 10 minutes and my head is very red after. I have been consistent and have not missed any days for the whole 16 weeks I believe it’s been. I started it because I just felt like it made sense after reading about it for a long tine. Seemed like the logical next thing to try. I don’t mind the pain and I believe it has helped. I’m gonna continue it for 6 months and see. My main goal is overall better thickness to my hair in the mid crown area. I have complete coverage now but it is not as thick as I want it.

yammer1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any libido sides? I'm 36 and scared to loose my sex drive on finasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro can you answer my private message? I was browsing your older HLH post andyou seem very knowleadgeable about roid and hair loss.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might want to try Spironolactone 5% cream on scalp. They sell it here. And MinoxidilMax.
I just got new jar. Put it on scalp every opportunity I can. And I swear hairs are growing & getting darker. You can also continue your other regimens. You can get tube of estrogen gel & minoxidil.
The key is quality products, not counterfeits.
So try MinoxidilMax 5 % Spironolactone.
It’s definitely part of answer.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is good to see that finasteride saved you for all this time. Your hair looks fantastic. Keep it up!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the Equate brand foam 5% from Walmart. I apply it over the whole top of my head. I haven’t been using Nizral shampoo as much as I should. I order it from alldaychemist and I ran out a few times over the last year and missed weeks. But I’m back using it now about 2-3 a week. Thanks for the compliment.
what do you get from ADC?

Ryan1972

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you get from ADC?
I usually buy generic finasteride, nizral shampoo and retin a. Best prices on the internet. I’ve also bought lattise and nolvadex and antibiotics and all kinds of sh*t. They are great.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi i’m in finastride for 6 month but i didn’t any change in my hairloss so i should still wait!???

jazz1

Reaction score
Well done I will post my success story soon, I been on finesteride for 9 years doing great.