12 Months On Finasteride Losing Hope! 21 Yr Old

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi i am 21 i started noticing my hairloss progress at an agressive rate last December so i got on finasteride, and i feel like i have been on a downhill slope since my hair line is so much worse from when i started when i run my hands through my hair so many hairs come out, my crown has gotten worse my next step in maybe adding minoxidil but idk what to do at this point because i cant style my hair the same as i could when i started my hair is so much thinner everywhere now on finasteride, i just dont know what to do i feel like im wasting my money on this pointless drug at this point, i think my biggest problem was having a positive attitude and thinking it was actually gonna work when in the end my hair is now so much worse ill post pics i just dont know what to do whether i should stay on or get off of it. i would also like to point out that my eyebrows, and chest hairs have all became noticeably long i just dont know what to do i might just quit finasteride, my hair every few months is noticeably worse

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 541

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any before pictures? To be honest one might debate if you even have hair loss.

Susanoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
pics of hair prior to finasteride?

Your hair looks dense and your hairline looks full so what has changed for you to not be able to style it like before? Are you sure your hair wasn't longer or you weren't using a different product..?

If you have pics from the same angles and you know your suffering from hair loss, then I suppose I would switch to dutasteride. Stronger, also potentially more sides tho. I wouldn't just get off finasteride, from my experience that's when hair loss will really start to hit. Wish I never took a "break" from it, only to realize "wait whats going to stop the hair loss now."

Sometimes finasteride will only slow things down.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pics of hair prior to finasteride?

Your hair looks dense and your hairline looks full so what has changed for you to not be able to style it like before? Are you sure your hair wasn't longer or you weren't using a different product..?

If you have pics from the same angles and you know your suffering from hair loss, then I suppose I would switch to dutasteride. Stronger, also potentially more sides tho. I wouldn't just get off finasteride, from my experience that's when hair loss will really start to hit. Wish I never took a "break" from it, only to realize "wait whats going to stop the hair loss now."

Sometimes finasteride will only slow things down.
i will try to find some but it has definitely gotten worse i started with sides and they went away over time which i thought was a good thing but now idk thanks for your reply

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any before pictures? To be honest one might debate if you even have hair loss.
thank you for the response but i will try to find some my hair line has just gotten so thin thats the difference the hair itself is alot thinner

Credo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same situation, my hair has gotten worse during over a year of being on finasteride. Though my hair is worse than yours and I have no problems styling it.
Why not try minoxidil? It's given me bad side effects but I think it promoted some regrowth + not everyone experiences those sides.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same situation, my hair has gotten worse during over a year of being on finasteride. Though my hair is worse than yours and I have no problems styling it.
Why not try minoxidil? It's given me bad side effects but I think it promoted some regrowth + not everyone experiences those sides.
i might have to give it a try i guess we might just be not responders which sucks but it happens... im afraid im gonna lose even more from a minoxidil shed.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
i might have to give it a try i guess we might just be not responders which sucks but it happens... im afraid im gonna lose even more from a minoxidil shed.
Your hair loss is very minimal. I can understand the frustration with finasteride not working as I was on it for a year with no results. I'm 20 with considerably worse hair loss than you so it's not the end of the world. I wouldn't drop finasteride honestly, I did just that and my hair loss sped up even faster and now I'm back on it.. Don't make that same mistake. I would add in dutasteride if you feel finasteride is not enough.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Your hair loss is very minimal. I can understand the frustration with finasteride not working as I was on it for a year with no results. I'm 20 with considerably worse hair loss than you so it's not the end of the world. I wouldn't drop finasteride honestly, I did just that and my hair loss sped up even faster and now I'm back on it.. Don't make that same mistake. I would add in dutasteride if you feel finasteride is not enough.
@AnxiousAndy, not true about your situation. You have about the same situation as him but you might have better density.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy, not true about your situation. You have about the same situation as him but you might have better density.
Your kidding, right? My density is full but I've yet to take a good picture of my hairline with adequate quality and lighting. Maybe some day.