11 Months On Finasteride. Any Thoughts?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 @Niki99 @TomRiddle sry for callin u out, just need some type of response. thx

I think your gucci friend, all 4 of them have different lighting but that's all, your hair looks good and healthy as it should be, at least this is my opinion. A lot of people have it thinner in the back i always had it also with a lot of swirls, as long as your maintaining it that is what really matters

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back again, sighs, I know. Been a pretty sh*t past couple months, I was hoping my dandruff would subside but it really hasn’t. Which hasn't allowed for a healthy scalp and optimal grow environment. Yes Ive been using keto 2% about twice a week to no avail.

My question is, from these pictures (tried to make them as macro as possible) is it quite clear that I am losing ground? It doesn’t look too different which I am happy about but nonetheless it seems to have gotten worse. From the circled freckle you can see there existed thin hairs back in March of last year, which are no longer available here(thinned out significantly more). Seeing as I am approaching 14months on finasteride - is it safe to assume that I will continue at this rate of losing/thinning? If I am not willing to do any topicals what would you recommend to strengthen my regime?

Attachments

• 0DF02B25-66DC-4242-8299-EABA363DA855.jpeg
    0DF02B25-66DC-4242-8299-EABA363DA855.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 1BE7C92D-2BE0-4334-AD3B-8D09A13515B4.jpeg
    1BE7C92D-2BE0-4334-AD3B-8D09A13515B4.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 98EFCD8C-C81D-4DF8-9E1F-24ABCAE61E04.jpeg
    98EFCD8C-C81D-4DF8-9E1F-24ABCAE61E04.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 32D2B87F-A212-4AFE-86F0-F38C79E9EF3E.jpeg
    32D2B87F-A212-4AFE-86F0-F38C79E9EF3E.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 82

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back again, sighs, I know. Been a pretty sh*t past couple months, I was hoping my dandruff would subside but it really hasn’t. Which hasn't allowed for a healthy scalp and optimal grow environment. Yes Ive been using keto 2% about twice a week to no avail.

My question is, from these pictures (tried to make them as macro as possible) is it quite clear that I am losing ground? It doesn’t look too different which I am happy about but nonetheless it seems to have gotten worse. From the circled freckle you can see there existed thin hairs back in March of last year, which are no longer available here(thinned out significantly more). Seeing as I am approaching 14months on finasteride - is it safe to assume that I will continue at this rate of losing/thinning? If I am not willing to do any topicals what would you recommend to strengthen my regime?
Well if you don't want to do topicals so no microneedling or minoxidil. Perhaps upgrade from finasteride to dutasteride? There is oral minoxidil which I am a advocate of but it made me a wolfman. Your hair still looks good and the fact that its hard to tell a difference is good. And as for dandruff, what I found to help was mixing keto 2% with head and shoulders. I used it around 3-4 times a week until it went down then kept it at twice a week.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you don't want to do topicals so no microneedling or minoxidil. Perhaps upgrade from finasteride to dutasteride? There is oral minoxidil which I am a advocate of but it made me a wolfman. Your hair still looks good and the fact that its hard to tell a difference is good. And as for dandruff, what I found to help was mixing keto 2% with head and shoulders. I used it around 3-4 times a week until it went down then kept it at twice a week.
Don’t want to risk sides for duta. I already grow a little back hair and a ton of chest hair - oral minoxidil will surely make me into a barbarian.

Head and shoulders used to keep my head pretty much clear but I think a lot of that was due to I would wash everyday. The keto keeps dandruff off for like 4/5hrs after wash but it comes back shortly after if not the next day. It usually isnt present during the summer but this year it is :/

I want to be more proactive but further than finasteride everything else is so time consuming. I can not put minoxidil on my head 2x a day without my roommates noticing (thats any topical really). I guess I could get away with microneedling but i dont think it would help much tbh.

In a pretty sh*t spot. Hopefully finasteride comes in clutch the next few months which doubt is starting to build.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** your roommates, get your hair back mate
My hair looks awful not washed. With minoxidil it looks even worse. The tradeoff would be attend every social event with greasy *** hair forever (due to minoxidil in morning) for the chance of it growing back...

ive also already gave it a try. I had chest cramps but more importantly headaches. Headaches would take hours to subside. I do about 5/6 hrs of studying each day simply not sustainable.

Last edited:

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For dandruff issues, I find using a bamboo brush does the trick. 5 minutes every morning and night

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair looks awful not washed. With minoxidil it looks even worse. The tradeoff would be attend every social event with greasy *** hair forever (due to minoxidil in morning) for the chance of it growing back...

ive also already gave it a try. I had chest cramps but more importantly headaches. Headaches would take hours to subside. I do about 5/6 hrs of studying each day simply not sustainable.
You can try once/day minoxidil at night.

For me, minoxidil dries in less than an hour and my hair starts to look greasy if I dont wash my hair for two days at least.

If your hair looks thin due to minoxidil, then you could do without it as it does not work for many people. But at least give it a full try, you may get decent regrowth.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try once/day minoxidil at night.

For me, minoxidil dries in less than an hour and my hair starts to look greasy if I dont wash my hair for two days at least.

If your hair looks thin due to minoxidil, then you could do without it as it does not work for many people. But at least give it a full try, you may get decent regrowth.
Yea Id probably go that route once desperation hits. Still banking on finasteride maintence and hair transplant in 2/3yrs.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be bad lighting, but there seems to be vellus hair?
Yea Im not sure to be honest. Could just be further miniaturization. I got a slightly different haircut and noticed it. Just going to ride it out. Hopefully they are vellus and turn terminal. Otherwise ill notice a smooth bald spot soon