11 months on Big 3....finally some regrowth!

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I just finished month 7 on finasteride and have hit my shed. It is hard for me to tell, but I think it started a week or 2 ago. No worries, just ride it out and see where she takes me. I must say that these hairs that i am shedding now are 100 times more healthy looking than the ones I was shedding prior to finasteride.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: let's see the pics

pitomtl said:
Hi:
I would like to see the pics too. I've been on proscar 1/4 and Nizoral 2% for two months now and I used to have a shaved head because I was losing hair in the front and it was growing very uneven (looked like sh*t). I just shaved my hair today to see if there's any improvement...Bad move!!! it looks worse than when I started my regimen. On top of that I have a party tonight! sh*t, should I go? Not sure anymore.
I hope it'll look better in a couple of months. I have a lot of thinning hair but at what point that hair is lost?...I don't know if that peach fuzz hair is gonna come back...can you tell me if there's something I can do to recup that? My hairline looks terrible (the straight line is gone! )

Good luck and display the pics,please

Yea, during the first 6 months, your hair will shed alot and shed somemore, but say with it and in a year you will be very happy you started, trust me. As for pictures, im still working on getting a digicam, I need to have one of my friends let me borrow one. I actually have some picture of my hair so if I dont get a digicam soon, ill just send a few pics to HairLossTalk.com.com and have them post them for me.

DisposableHero

Reaction score
Well after nearly 6 months of lurking in the shadows i've decided to actually become a part of this forum. I must say it feels pretty damn good. It may just be a way to help pass the time while I regrow my hair.
I've been taking propecia once a day as well as using minoxidil 5% twice a day, plus Nizoral shampoo every other day for this time now. I must say I have noticed my thinning hair getting thicker and thicker from month to month. As of right now i can just about say my hair is manageable but not where I want it to be. I have been receding since i was about a junior in high school (17), and my senior year was one huge bad hair day. Your post has gave me great hope for the months to come on my regimen. Thanks again!!!

G

DisposableHero said:
Well after nearly 6 months of lurking in the shadows i've decided to actually become a part of this forum. I must say it feels pretty damn good. It may just be a way to help pass the time while I regrow my hair.
I've been taking propecia once a day as well as using minoxidil 5% twice a day, plus Nizoral shampoo every other day for this time now. I must say I have noticed my thinning hair getting thicker and thicker from month to month. As of right now i can just about say my hair is manageable but not where I want it to be. I have been receding since i was about a junior in high school (17), and my senior year was one huge bad hair day. Your post has gave me great hope for the months to come on my regimen. Thanks again!!!

Welcome and good luck.

:lol:

thicker

Reaction score
Propecia does work. I used it for 2 years and regrew some hair. I have diffuse thinning all over the top. I'm a little nervous now at the 2 yr mark I have had a bad shed. My hair is noticably thinner than when I started Propecia and it's been shedding for 2mos. I'm wondering how much longer this will go on for or if Propecia just quit working one day. It seemed so sudden.

Hinde

Reaction score
how old are you, thicker? i wish propecia would start working. either way i'm hitting the gym -- at least my body i can do something about.

thicker

Reaction score
Hinde-- I'm with you on going to the gym. I've put on 10 pounds of muscle in the last 4 months and it's helped to keep my sanity while my hair falls out. I'm 33 and have a lot of dating years left-so if I can't get my hair back then I'll pump up my body. I'm thinking of ordering duasteride to see what happens but I'm afraid that it will raise estrogen levels as I have heard, and then that will retard my muscle growth.

G

ChiaHead said:
Im still a few months away from these hairs growing to a "normal" thickness but i can see dark hairs along my hairline and they are maturing!

Man I have only been treating my hair with propecia for 4 months and I hope this will happen to me to. I regrew all my hair but some of the regrown hair is thin so it still looks like im kinda receding. If these hairs where to mature to normal hairs (I think they can) I would have my perfect hair back!

bombscience

Reaction score
ChiaHead said:
So, its been almost 11 months now since i started the triple assult on my hair. I couldnt be happier (unless i never lost my hair in the fist place) with my hair right now. I actually have major regrowth at my temples and hair line. In fact, my hair looks so good, im going to buy a digital camera and show you guys my results within the next week or so. I have the typical "W" hairline, extreme widow's peak with the "island of hair" part in the center, and I was thinning all over. All thats in the past now. :D

First off my hair quality is fantastic. My hair is always soft, shiney and smooth. Everyday now is a good hair day and when i look at myself under lights or in the sun, it looks good.

Second, i have major regrowth at my temples and hairline and my overall hair is much thicker. All the peach fuzz along my hairline that came after the second month is finally growing darker and thicker. I CANT BELIEVE IT!! Its really amazing to look at myself and see this hair growing. Im still a few months away from these hairs growing to a "normal" thickness but i can see dark hairs along my hairline and they are maturing!

It really sucks that I dont have a digi to show you guys, cause I know people can say alot of things here and dont back it up but I promise you im legit.

Keep fighting the fight!

In what month did you notice your regrowth?

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, although my hair quality and thickness improved after 6 months or so, I didnt see actual regrowth til around 10 months to 1 year mark. Tomorrow is my 1 year mark and im actually going through a small shed right now along my hairline. I have alot of long semi-pigmented hairs all over my temples though, they seem to be getting darker every month.