11 months on Big 3....finally some regrowth!

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
So, its been almost 11 months now since i started the triple assult on my hair. I couldnt be happier (unless i never lost my hair in the fist place) with my hair right now. I actually have major regrowth at my temples and hair line. In fact, my hair looks so good, im going to buy a digital camera and show you guys my results within the next week or so. I have the typical "W" hairline, extreme widow's peak with the "island of hair" part in the center, and I was thinning all over. All thats in the past now. :D

First off my hair quality is fantastic. My hair is always soft, shiney and smooth. Everyday now is a good hair day and when i look at myself under lights or in the sun, it looks good.

Second, i have major regrowth at my temples and hairline and my overall hair is much thicker. All the peach fuzz along my hairline that came after the second month is finally growing darker and thicker. I CANT BELIEVE IT!! Its really amazing to look at myself and see this hair growing. Im still a few months away from these hairs growing to a "normal" thickness but i can see dark hairs along my hairline and they are maturing!

It really sucks that I dont have a digi to show you guys, cause I know people can say alot of things here and dont back it up but I promise you im legit.

Keep fighting the fight!

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its great to hear from someone that they are actually growing hair.There is sometimes so much negativity on this site that your just like"i give up",but its great to hear that you are growing hair not dots lol.Hopefully soon you will look like...well someone that has a shitload of hair(i couldnt think of anyone with thick *** hair at this moment).Btw did you have alot of sheds like others on this forum?,If so how bad where they?

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
We NEED to hear this sort of thing. Propecia has been getting a bad rep on this site of late and finally, I've finally been given inspiration to give it a go. Thanks Chiahead and congradulations!

hopewas

Reaction score
congratulations. first positive post i've seen about propecia, etc.. in a long time

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, a glimmer of hope, sounds great , cant wiat to see the pics....best of luck

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
congratulations. first positive post i've seen about propecia, etc.. in a long time

This coming from a negative person, is truly impressive. I am definitely jumping on the Propecia bandwagon now. Why? Cause hopewas said so! Thats why!

XL

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yes! Maybe people will start using Propecia now, since discussion forum posts are way more influential than clinical data these days :lol:

HairLossTalk.com

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I owe all my new hair to you guys and this site. Without it, I would of probably only been on minoxidil and not had nearly the same results.

As far as shedding goes, Ive really only noticed two big sheds over the last 11 months. The first was during the first month, I had a major shed. I saw hairs all over the place; all over the sink, my bed and even falling off my head. The second was at about 5-6 months, I noticed my frontal hairline was getting alittle thin, but since then its filled out very nicely.

As for any other side effects, I noticed some sparatic chest pains during the beginning (1-3 months) but they were very minor and didnt bother me too much. I also had some slight sexual side effects where I would'nt get very excited unless I really concentrated, lol, but that is no longer a problem.

G

good to hear. I have a few questions. Where did you apply the minoxidil? Did you apply it to all the affected areas? What were/are you on the norwood scale? Are you a diffusing? Thanks

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
good to hear. I have a few questions. Where did you apply the minoxidil? Did you apply it to all the affected areas? What were/are you on the norwood scale? Are you a diffusing? Thanks
I applied the minoxidil using the dropper along the whole top of my head, I didnt rub it in though, just slid the dropper along my scalp while lightly depressing the rubber bulb, in a grid like pattern. I did concentrate more on the affected areas but the whole top of my head did get minoxidil, minus the areas around my ears, back of head, etc. I was probably a NW2 - NW2.5 when I started. I temples were almost gone to the point where they connected in the back, making an "island of hair." :roll: And I would say that I was/am a diffuse thinner, as although I had areas where the hair was really thinning, I noticed my whole head was thinning

Vampa

Reaction score
Hey that's great to hear man! I think I'm exactly in your situation...well, I mean where you were 11 months ago!

I definately want to give your regimen a try. Where did you get your proscar? Online or at a store (or is it prescription; I've never heard of it).

Please do get some before and after pics for us; I could use a real upper since my receeding temples have been getting to me lately.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm wondering if rubbing the minoxidil in just puts more on your finger, leaving less on the scalp for absorption. So I'm going to try to just let it settle by itself as well.

Also, Chia, when did you notice regrowth? I am 6 months on propecia now, and I can say that the quality and thickness of my hair has improved, but it hasn't filled in where I have thinned out, in my widows peak. Something tells me I should just change my goal from regrowth to maintenance. That way, I've already succeeded.

Yes guys, propecia does work. Said it before, and I will say it again: After 2.5 months of propecia, I went from shedding around 100 hairs on my pillow and in the bathroom sink without any effort, to losing none. Now I can rub my hands through my hair vigorously, and none come out. The sh*t rocks!!

Congrats, Chia.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
I get my proscar from these guys:

http://generics-online-pharmacy.com/ I've order twice from them with no problems.

And Elquapo, I first noticed regrowth after about 4-5 months. I noticed that my temples looked alittle fuller and my total hairline was much thicker. It wasnt til the last few months that the regrowth really started to kick in. I feel like its only going to grow faster now for some reason, it just seems like my hair is growing really fast.

I know that i have acutal regrowth becuase along my hairline, there is this one hair that is very thick and is very noticeable up close. Its all by itself as I think it was part of my original hairline. I clip this hair so that it you cant see it and notice where my hairline used to be. Now, since starting my "Big 3" I have had to clip this hair every week or so as it grows so fast! But the great news is that this hair is no longer by itself. There are tons and tons of hairs growing right beind it and all long it!!! :D So now when I clip it, i have to watch out for cliping other younger hairs. Its a wonderful thing, it is.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
ChiaHead said:
As far as shedding goes, Ive really only noticed two big sheds over the last 11 months. The first was during the first month, I had a major shed. I saw hairs all over the place; all over the sink, my bed and even falling off my head. The second was at about 5-6 months, I noticed my frontal hairline was getting alittle thin, but since then its filled out very nicely.

Yes, this is what Im going through right now. A major, major shed at just over 6 months. Its scary but im hanging in there just because up untill then i had amazing results myself. Propecia does work and it works well. i have my pic ready too, its just a matter of getting them scanned and up on the board.

Good luck and we're all with you.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just curious, do ya guys take the proscar in the morning? or afternoon? and do ya guys take it with food? or without food?

Vampa

Reaction score
You order from a European site? I noticed that sometimes shipments will get detained. I hope that doesn't happen to me!

Well, if you can recomend them, I'll give them a shot.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Spidy: I take it just before I go to bed, an hour or two after i've eaten food.

Vampa

Reaction score
So if you were a 2.0-2.5 then, what do you consider yourself now?

Please hurry with those pictures; I think we'd all love to see them.

Shoot, Chiahead, that site says they don't ship to the USA. Just thought I'd give you a heads up when it comes time to order again.

pitomtl

Reaction score
let's see the pics

Hi:
I would like to see the pics too. I've been on proscar 1/4 and Nizoral 2% for two months now and I used to have a shaved head because I was losing hair in the front and it was growing very uneven (looked like sh*t). I just shaved my hair today to see if there's any improvement...Bad move!!! it looks worse than when I started my regimen. On top of that I have a party tonight! sh*t, should I go? Not sure anymore.
I hope it'll look better in a couple of months. I have a lot of thinning hair but at what point that hair is lost?...I don't know if that peach fuzz hair is gonna come back...can you tell me if there's something I can do to recup that? My hairline looks terrible (the straight line is gone! )

Good luck and display the pics,please