11 Month update

Ryansworld11

Reaction score
Ajax your hair looks great in the dry picture, much better than baseline, I was completely shocked it was the same person! The wet hair pic still does look quite thin, I won't lie, but like someone said wet hair is unforgiven, return to your old routine and keep with it, there is nothing worse than regret for dropping something from ur regime and realising a few months/year later it was a bad idea! I've been on finasteride for 16months and don't know much about duts, would you recommend the change or do you find finasteride sufficient?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Ryansworld11 said:
Ajax your hair looks great in the dry picture, much better than baseline, I was completely shocked it was the same person! The wet hair pic still does look quite thin, I won't lie, but like someone said wet hair is unforgiven, return to your old routine and keep with it, there is nothing worse than regret for dropping something from ur regime and realising a few months/year later it was a bad idea! I've been on finasteride for 16months and don't know much about duts, would you recommend the change or do you find finasteride sufficient?

Yeah the wet still doesn't look great, but I had brushed the hair to seperate it as much as possible, it was soaking wet, and it was a bright flash on the camera. I think i'm lucky that although thin there seems to be enough thin hair to get a good result once its been blow dried. If I can thinken these hairs up then i'll be very happy, but just having what I have now is more than i'd hoped for many years ago.

I loved dutasteride, but like I said I can't have it in my system when I will be starting a family in the not too distant future... I have to put the health of my future child before my hair loss. My plan is to stick on the finasteride and then jump back on dutasteride the moment my 1st child is born. I'm not sure about using finasteride when trying for a baby though, so it's possible I'll stop taking that too just before we start trying... although that will be a very hard step to take as I know i'll lose ground very quickly without any meds!

I'd say stick with finasteride if it's working if I were you... dutasteride for me was the option I felt I needed to take due to my hair loss being bad and very aggressive... however unless you have a similar problem, or finasteride isn't working then i'd just stick with finasteride tbh.