11 Month update

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
masontrc said:
I see some major improvements! What is the history of hair loss in your family?

My dad went bald in his late 30's I think... very similar pattern to mine and he is now almost completely bald barre a very thin strip right across the middle of the top of his head.

I'm definately following the same pattern, but much more aggresively. I had a full head of hair at 21, and by 25 was at the baseline pic.

I'm 31 now and always said to myself that if I could just keep my hair until i was 30 i'd be ok.

However as with all things in life i want more and want to keep my hair until i'm 40 :whistle:

JWM

Reaction score
Where are you buying your minoxidil w/ retin-a now, and how many times a day are you applying it?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Where are you buying your minoxidil w/ retin-a now, and how many times a day are you applying it?

United Pharmacies has something called Shaltop which is 3% minoxidil + tretonin (or Retin A as its also known).

Tbh I dont like it, it doesn't dry fast at all and leaves my hair extremely greasy. However as I only use it at night its not a big deal as wash my hair every morning anyway. Plus it seems to be working so thats the main thing. You can't see any regrowth in these pics, but the left side of my hairline has a fair few new hairs, and its also now got a very faint amount of very fine black and blonde hair covering the entire bald bit. Now its never going to grow me a full NW1 hair line in a million years, but even a light covering would do me just fine!

The right side of my hair line is less strong but its slowly improving... for some strange reason this side has always been worse (since I started losing hair), and i'm not sure how much improvement I can make here.

My crown looks bad in these pics but its improved a bit since getting on Shaltop... once i've blow dried my hair you can't really even tell i've any problems here, where as before it was starting to look a little thin.

I prefered Dr Lee's as it was 5% and dried quickly, but Shaltop does a job. Its also cheap as chips too - £20 for 3 months supply :punk:

masontrc

Reaction score
ajax said:
masontrc said:
I see some major improvements! What is the history of hair loss in your family?

My dad went bald in his late 30's I think... very similar pattern to mine and he is now almost completely bald barre a very thin strip right across the middle of the top of his head.

I'm definately following the same pattern, but much more aggresively. I had a full head of hair at 21, and by 25 was at the baseline pic.

I'm 31 now and always said to myself that if I could just keep my hair until i was 30 i'd be ok.

However as with all things in life i want more and want to keep my hair until i'm 40 :whistle:

Haha understandable. When you're 40 though, you might want hair until you're 50. I used to worry about gray hairs but I'd much rather have gray hairs in 10 years than no hair. But maybe when I'm your age, those thoughts will change.

My story: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65098

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I'd say that (at the worst) no further loss in 6 years is a success!

Can we get a pic of how it looks when dry? Wet hair is very unforgiving, as we all know.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
I'd say that (at the worst) no further loss in 6 years is a success!

Can we get a pic of how it looks when dry? Wet hair is very unforgiving, as we all know.

Yeah no problem I'll post one tomorrow

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the dry hair pic.

This is after using Vo5 volumising blow dry spray, blow drying, rogain foam on hairline and crown, (left to dry and then brushed out with fingers), a bit of Tony & Guy hair putty and some Got2Be freeze hold hair spray.

nr0epc.jpg

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I'd say that looks better than baseline. Hell, it's still a success even if it's the same as baseline 'cause it means you halted the loss.

JWM

Reaction score
ajax said:

This is after using Vo5 volumising blow dry spray, blow drying, rogain foam on hairline and crown, (left to dry and then brushed out with fingers), a bit of Tony & Guy hair putty and some Got2Be freeze hold hair spray.

nr0epc.jpg

WOW. That's amazing progress. Congrats dude.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Trahoho said:
Can you show us a crown pic of your hair when it's dry ?
From this angle: http://i12.tinypic.com/4crmuzm.jpg

Yep no problem.

rssluc.jpg

This is in a very bright room with a harsh flash, so you can see a little bit of thinning around the right hand side mainly. Under normal lighting its barely noticable though.

Definately some room for improvement though, and hopefully the minoxidil + Retin A will help with this a bit over the next few months.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
ajax said:

nr0epc.jpg

WOW. That's amazing progress. Congrats dude.

Thanks man :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
NicB said:
Dude your hair looks great when dry. Congrats. :)

Thanks man!

I'm quite lucky as it seems to retain mositure really well or something, so when i blow dry it, it makes the hair expands and look a lot thicker than it probably is (or something like that, i'm not sure if thats scientifically correct lol).

Technical

Reaction score
You say your sex drive after upping finasteride went back to "normal" by normal you must mean abnormal, normal was when you weren't on any treatment.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Technical said:
You say your sex drive after upping finasteride went back to "normal" by normal you must mean abnormal, normal was when you weren't on any treatment.

Yeah but needing to either masturbate or have sex 3 or more times a day isn't particularly nice so for me having a slightly lower and therefore more "normal" sex drive is better.

Honestly there's only so much you can get done in a day if you are either constantly trying to hump the wife or watching p**rn lol

Technical

Reaction score
ajax said:
Technical said:

Yeah but needing to either masturbate or have sex 3 or more times a day isn't particularly nice so for me having a slightly lower and therefore more "normal" sex drive is better.

Honestly there's only so much you can get done in a day if you are either constantly trying to hump the wife or watching p**rn lol
That's sexual addiction, not a high sex drive, the two are separate.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Technical said:
ajax said:
Technical said:

That's sexual addiction, not a high sex drive, the two are separate.

Not necessarily, sexual addiction is a very complex and contraversial subject, and will usually involve the "sufferer" needing sexual gratification to block out negative emotions. They will usually look for that through any means possible and will have no problem in carrying out depraved acts... they will also look to hump anything with a pulse.

I dont think wanting to have sex with my wife, and my wife only, and tossing off 2-3 times a day would count as sexual addictionm IMO and would be more akin to someone who has a very high sex drive.

I'm no expert on the subject though so who knows? :dunno: