10mg Oral Minoxidil and no results...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are one very lucky man. It's rare for people to not get any sides from any of the treatments. I would place you in the anomaly category.
that is one way to see it... i somehow sometimes question if the downside to that is medicine not being very effective...
can just try and hope for the best...

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems people who haven't had sides on Finasteride are more likely to also not have sides on Oral Minoxidil, and vice versa

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were so adamant oral minoxidil was useless. Now have you changed your opinion?
Useless ? I never said that. You can kill somebody with a 9 mm, you don't need a grenade to do it. So I am saying that grenades are useless ?
Kiddo, really, learn to read. Then start reading studies .

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

wefsfrg47836

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on 10mg OM daily for around 6 months now. Not seeinf any results, not sure if i should try 15mg daily. Kind of feel its pointless though as 10mg is already very high dosage.
Whats the alternatives?
i understand your problem you need to go to doctor

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 100% minoxidil sulfate.. I mix it w)l lanolin & micro needle after applying.. barely works.. I have tried oral minoxidil after watching a dermatologist video.. didn’t do anything.. So I still use minoxidil but I magic wand, laser cap, electrical pulse & w) all that I get some hope & results..

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i understand your problem you need to go to doctor
I have been to a dermatologist. Not many other options apart from transplants and PRP or LLT. Finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride are the main treatments but if they dont work you have to look at more surgical treatments

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil increases initial shedding.

However I have found a compound that stops shedding almost immediately at least for me.

That compound is melatonin.

But note. Oral melatonin did nothing for me after a 6 month trial.

However topical melatonin stopped my shed within 3 days.

I was losing up to 50 hairs a day, and went to an average of 1 hair a day (sometimes 3, sometimes 0”), within a week.

I have however not experienced any regrowth from melatonin, not yet anyway (although I did from min/dutasteride), but my shedding has stopped.

I have never experienced such a drastic cessation in hair loss.

Although I use a combination of treatments, this was the only new compound in close to 18 months.

I have stopped using it for 2 weeks and the shed has returned.

But when I apply it at least once every 2 days, there is no more shed.

Furthermore, I have Androgenetic Alopecia + retrograde alopecia, so my sides and back are very thin. So I was shedding all over my scalp, including vertex, crown, occipital (side hair) and nape (back hair).

And my shedding stopped on all regions of my scalp.

If anyone wants to try it, message me directly. I want to see if others get the same results as I do.

All I ask is you try it for 2 weeks and report the results back to me. What I am looking for is cessation of shed, not hair regrowth.

So if you are a massive shedder, give this a go and help the brotherhood determine how effective it is in general.

Of course my result could be unique. But if it works for many other men (and women), it could be an exciting new addition to the big 3.

Let me know if you are interested in trialing it.
which product do you use exactly and what dosage and on what areas etc?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone figured out the best dosage by now?
im still on 10, but thinking about going back to 5, because recently i read it quite often that 10 is not that healthy in the long run...
my plan was doing 10 for a year max (depending on results) and then back to 5... right now i am at the 3 month mark for 10mg, 6 month oral min in total (was 5mg before i upped to 10mg before)...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone figured out the best dosage by now?
im still on 10, but thinking about going back to 5, because recently i read it quite often that 10 is not that healthy in the long run...
my plan was doing 10 for a year max (depending on results) and then back to 5... right now i am at the 3 month mark for 10mg, 6 month oral min in total (was 5mg before i upped to 10mg before)...
i would say 5mg to be safe. i am on 10mg as well but am concerned about the risks associated with long term use and heart problems.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would say 5mg to be safe. i am on 10mg as well but am concerned about the risks associated with long term use and heart problems.
well 5 isnt an issue at all...
my issue is what is long term...
well i guess i stick with ten for another 3 month since i already ordered two boxes anyway... then i will see...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well 5 isnt an issue at all...
my issue is what is long term...
well i guess i stick with ten for another 3 month since i already ordered two boxes anyway... then i will see...
im not sure. im going to book in to see a dermatologist again to ask those questions. im nearly at 6 months 10mg

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
im not sure. im going to book in to see a dermatologist again to ask those questions. im nearly at 6 months 10mg
yeah do that and dont forget to post here^^

i dont have any issues with taking 10 fortunately, but if there is some sort of risk that could be avoided, i wouldnt do it...
im not even sure if 19 does more than 5, to be honest...

genericwhitemale

My Regimen
Reaction score
OM is meant to be one of the most potent things you can take for male pattern baldness even at fairly low doses, but I took 2.5mg twice a day for 6 months and all i saw was an increase in shedding and body hair. Made the skin under my eyes go very thin too.

I stopped, and after a few months I started to shed 100s of hairs and my density went to sh*t. I dont know whether this is all my hair syncing again or what but it's scary as sh*t seeing thick terminals coming out with a gentle pull

Thinking of going back on it, just to give me some kind of hope and security that I'm doing something lol

I recently had my 40th birthday, and a friend shared a pic from my 30th birthday where i didn't have any hair loss, but ended my 30s as diffused NW6 with no hope in sight

meeza2021

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 10mg oral minoxidil just over 2 months, dramatic decrease in shedding the last 2-3 weeks.
Did you start off at a lower dose and then bump up? Or did you start on 10mg, I'm taking 5mg + finasteride rn but om had just stabilised my hair loss and I've not seen much regrowth, so I'm interested in increasing my dose, only issue is 10mg is where you start to see sides

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you start off at a lower dose and then bump up? Or did you start on 10mg, I'm taking 5mg + finasteride rn but om had just stabilised my hair loss and I've not seen much regrowth, so I'm interested in increasing my dose, only issue is 10mg is where you start to see sides

Nope I started on 10mg, some mild headaches the first few weeks. Other than that nothing except more body hair - slight inconvenience?

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could have nitrate tolerance and taking NAC would help that or anything that stops peroxynitrite from forming will make more "mileage" per molecule of nitric oxide by slowing its breakdown. NAC was reported in lamellar ichthyosis to grow hair at a 10% concentration but that wasn't really the purpose why it was used.

If it was me I would take LESS oral minoxidil(maybe 1 mg) and find things that stop superoxide from destroying nitric oxide

Hydralazine could be used topically too and has been mentioned as growing some hair on it's own.

Verapamil does the same thing too as does cimetidine. I will post the studies on verapamil and cimetidine later as far as hair growth.

Melatonin does the same thing too by increasing mitochondrial SODase. Oral melatonin doesn't reach the skin in sufficient quantities to do anything either.

I also have a belief/wild assed guess that oral minoxidil and topical should provide different angles and grow more hair than either alone.

Last edited: