10 months on therapy, pictures inside!

Eugene

Reaction score
Hi All,
I started loosing my hair when I was about 22..23. Fortunately the process went rather slow and I payed attention on this problem when I was 28 already.
Oh! You are balding, mother said, watching my heavily receded temples during regular haircut process (she is a barber for me and my family). “Don’t!†I was answering, askance looking at my mirror reflection.
As I am a person whose visual type of perception is not dominant I never focused my attention on hair style of other people. Of course, apparent baldness stroke my eyes, but usually, on subconscious level, I never correlated inharmonious appearance of some people with the condition of their hair. I just saw that something was wrong but couldn’t understand what exactly. I began to worry about my hair not immediately, but from some moment I was keeping in mind hair condition of everybody whom I saw. Statistics was unfavourable: my hair was in worse condition than most people of my age have. Similar hair to mine is typical for men of 40..50 years old, but I was only 28. Conclusion, which I didn’t want to believe in, stood in front of me as unavoidable fact. I’ll be BALD.
Browsing the internet and studying the topic I discovered that I’m loosing my hair exactly by the scale of Norwood-Hamilton. This is ANDROGENETIC ALOPECIA. This dreadful diagnosis means that my life, I mean the Life (with the capital letter) is ending. And this end is very very close to me. “I am only 28â€, this fact transformed in my mind to “I am ALREADY 28â€. I began to scrutinize my old photos to trace the dynamic of my alopecia and to understand how much time I have. Photos didn’t say a lot. I always had rather long hair which usually hid my bald temples, nevertheless I noticed that even when I was 23 I had already first symptoms of developing androgenetic alopecia.
I've learned that there are only two proven treatments which are able to withstand this evil: minoxidil and finasteride. I've bought both: 5mg Dr.Reddy's Finast which I'm cutting into 4..5 pieces and Europian Regain 5% which was replaced then by cheaper American Kirkland minoxidil 5%.
10 months passed. I'm 29 now. I can surely say that meds work! Here are my "before-after" pics:

May 2006
45181685.jpg

July 2006
30624877.jpg

May 2007
51741095.jpg

51741085.jpg

51741091.jpg

51741109.jpg

PS: English is not my native language, I've studied it at school.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awsome results..you have responded to meds really well..keep it up.

G

Wow thats the best results I have ever seen. Keep destroying the evil of baldness. Did you get a lot of side effects from the meds?

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahah, I love this forum, gives so much hope.

Congratulations man!

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Eugene! THOSE ARE AMAZING RESULTS! Congrats! Please help me with the following questions:

1) Did you start shedding more when you started treatment?

2) When did the shed stop? Did you virtually stop losing hair in the shower and while applying minoxidil?

3) Did you see ups and downs throughout?

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
A...a...a..a.....a....a......amazing!

One hell of a year for you man..keep it up!

newguy23

Reaction score
WOW i am speechless thats awesome! how long did it take be4 u saw the first signs of regrowth

mjd50

Reaction score
Those results are awesome! It is nice to see that your hair can respond to medications even after it is completely gone. It gives hope that improved medications will lead to even better results.

Eugene

Reaction score
shaolinmonk said:
Did you get a lot of side effects from the meds?

No side effects from finasteride at all, however some dandruff (scurf) appeared from minoxidil, noticeable when I begin to comb my hair. In general it's rather tolerably and doesn't afford me annoyance.

Eugene

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Eugene! THOSE ARE AMAZING RESULTS! Congrats!
thanks

vipergts said:
Did you start shedding more when you started treatment?
Yes I did. I didn't count how much days passed from the beginning of the therapy and abundant shedding caused by this therapy, but I remebmer that it was. I think it started in two weeks and stopped in next two weeks.

vipergts said:
When did the shed stop? Did you virtually stop losing hair in the shower and while applying minoxidil?
Frankly speaking I don't remember that I ever had a great shedding (before the therapy), at least I never payed attension on this. I never raked out my hair from the keyboard, or bathroom sink or somewhere else. Baldness sneaked up to me without being seen :)
Now I'm paying my attention on the shedding of course, but it seems to me that it is normal, I've never count my lost hairlines but I believe that there are less than 100 per day.

Eugene

Reaction score
newguy23 said:
how long did it take be4 u saw the first signs of regrowth

As far as I remember I've notice positive dynamics in a 4 month or maybe even 3, however I was not absolutely sure. In a half a year I was sure that meds work. I saw an improvement in the mirror. And in a 7 month I took test pics, and compared them to what I had. The results were amazing, I've regrown hair which were lost during last two years I believe. Unfortunately shining bald temples where hair does not grow for a five years stay without any changes.

Seven month result are here:
http://volosy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1798

There are no great changes between 10 month and 7 month pictures I'd say.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.

What shampoo are you using Eugene?

Greetings.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
I am surprised on how quick you made such great progress. congrats!

Eugene

Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
What shampoo are you using Eugene?

It does not matter. I use different shampoo. Don't believe any advertisement that some magic shampoo can stop hair loss, especially genetic. This is not true.