10 Month Finasteride + Minoxidil Hair Loss Treatment Progress Story

Diego96

Reaction score
hey diego you only use minoxidil to your temple ? you use a full ml ?

Yeah I only apply it to my corner/temple area. I use about a ml but sometimes less - especially now that my hair is really short.
I just wet and massage the area with some water before and then apply the minoxidil; rubbing it in with the dropper instead of using my fingers.

Diego96

Reaction score
UPDATE- 21 February 2017 (11 days after previous update)

I've been applying minoxidil religiously for the past 10 days- sometimes even 3 times a day. I have also been taking 1.25 mg every day without missing a single day. Mainly because I was thinking about the thought of never restoring my 16 year old hairline which caused me to plunge into a state of depression.
Here's an image of my right corner. I'd like to think that I have had some improvement, its mainly detectable to touch- it feels a bit more "furry".

IMG_20170221_181554_654.jpg

I wanna talk about the mental impact of Hairloss as well. I feel like I have become obsessed with constantly checking for improvements etc. It's unhealthy. I hope that I'm a lot happier by the end of this year.

Diego96

Reaction score
Also, I was reading up about "inversion therapy" for hair. Apparently hanging your head upside down for a little while a day is good for your scalp/increases hair growth? Sounds a bit bizarre to me. Can anyone drop any knowledge on this?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
your crown is still perfect ? you don't apply minoxidil to your crown ?
your hairline is perfect man ^^

Diego96

Reaction score
your crown is still perfect ? you don't apply minoxidil to your crown ?
your hairline is perfect man ^^

Thanks Michel. I never really had any hairloss at my crown (I started taking the meds when I was 18) and I'm hoping that since I started asap, that means that I stopped any further hairloss then and there.

I just took a photo of my crown and that looks fine, although I noticed that I have some "whiter" area at the back of my head where you can see my scalp. Not sure if that is a cause for concern, as it simply just could be caused by the direction of hair growth. Or, it could have been caused by bleaching my hair - I messed around with my hair colour last year.
It doesn't look like it's related to Androgenetic Alopecia. Any thoughts?
2017-02-22 11.32.51.jpg

Diego96

Reaction score
Update: March 2017 (approx 21 Months)

I've been taking 3mg biotin every morning with breakfast and have also been massaging my head with this electrical massager that I found lying around the house. I think my temples are continuing to fill in, but I feel like taking a little break from the minoxidil just because I feel like I should.

Also been doing some reading and am gonna give nofap a shot. I'm half convinced that fapping has a link to hair loss haha.
2017-03-11 16.14.54-1.jpg

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has minoxidils effects not dropped for you? After the year mark my hair started going downhill again. Also why did you shave the head? Your hair was looking good long.

Diego96

Reaction score
Has minoxidils effects not dropped for you? After the year mark my hair started going downhill again. Also why did you shave the head? Your hair was looking good long.

Im not sure if it has. I did slack off for a period where I was only applying once every other day so maybe that slowed it down a little. Other than that I don't feel like it would have lost efficiency, especially since I'm using it with finasteride.

Haha my hair was too damaged from constantly dyeing and bleaching it. I needed a fresh start.