10 Month Finasteride + Minoxidil Hair Loss Treatment Progress Story

Diego96

Reaction score
Hi,
About 10 months ago, I started taking 1.25 mg finasteride daily (5 mg generic finasteride pill cut into quarters), and 2 months later; I decided to add 5% kirkland minoxidil to my regime. My main concern was the hairloss in the corners of my hairline. The following are some progress shots from the last 10 months.

Right side

June 2015

gy.jpg

September 2015

2015-09-12 14.18.30.jpg

December 2015

2015-12-30 22.05.59.jpg
2015-12-30 22.06.36.jpg

Today (April 2016)- I think I'm going through a shed so the right corner seems to have thinned out and has taken a step backwards.
2016-04-20 16.32.43.jpg

Left side

June 2015
2015-05-10 18.18.38.jpg

Today (April 2016)
2016-04-20 16.36.08.jpg

More progress shots can be provided if you want. I think that the left corner has responded very well to my regime and is doing a lot better than my right.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, and am hoping that the corners of my hairline continue to fill up.

For those of you who have been through all this: How much more improvement should I expect? I have read that it usually takes finasteride about 1 year for it to really kick in.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: I was 18 years old when I started my regime and am 19 years old now.

lell123

Reaction score
wow ur hair is really good and even was before, my hair is really bright and very thin at front, even tho minoxidil really saved my life but its still thin as ****, if u show some light to it it shows straight through, im going to hop on finasteride too if i get money for dermathologist appointment lol.

Diego96

Reaction score
Congrats .. Any sides from finasteride?

Thanks man. I didn't have any serious/concerning side effects from finasteride. The main thing that I noticed was just that my semen seemed more watery for the first few months; but now it's pretty much back to normal. Also, I did have some pretty bad shedding periods which lasted about 1-2 weeks each.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Really great results. Excellent hairline.

Sorry for the question off topic, but answer me please.

If you are from Australia, could you tell me if is completely legal melanotan II in Australia ? Because I heard it's possible to buy it normally in a chemist's shop (of course prescription only), Is it true ?
I think Australia is the only country in the world where it's approved for use. Am I right ?

Cheers!
Unfortunately I've never heard of that haha, but I had to get a prescription for finasteride and then I got my minoxidil online on ebay (if that helps).

- - - Updated - - -

wow ur hair is really good and even was before, my hair is really bright and very thin at front, even tho minoxidil really saved my life but its still thin as ****, if u show some light to it it shows straight through, im going to hop on finasteride too if i get money for dermathologist appointment lol.

I'd recommend the finasteride+minoxidil combo. Apparently taking both of them together significantly increases hair growth!

medreduce

Reaction score

I agree your hair is close to perfect even from before. Finasteride isn't covered by any insurance plans, so what I had to do was to use a discount code to get 73% off. You can go to any US pharmacy and give them these info to apply savings:

RXPCN = PRX
BIN = 610210
GROUP = PHARMRW1
ID = 1604421

Mekalg

Reaction score
Minoxidil

Great results man! Are you still taking 5% or are you done with the regimen and just sticking to finasteride?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice progress! From NW0.5 To 0 :DDD Almost something!

IamZhea

Reaction score
Great results man! Are you still taking 5% or are you done with the regimen and just sticking to finasteride?

I feel he would have to continue with the minoxidil. Once you start you gotta keep using it to keep it. The finasteride doesn't stop the minoxidil hairs from returning to baseline.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel he would have to continue with the minoxidil. Once you start you gotta keep using it to keep it. The finasteride doesn't stop the minoxidil hairs from returning to baseline.

hi diego, did you see a worsening of your hairline during the frist month of minoxidil .
because ive been taking it for 3 month now and my temple have taken a hit .

Diego96

Reaction score
hi diego, did you see a worsening of your hairline during the frist month of minoxidil .
because ive been taking it for 3 month now and my temple have taken a hit .

Hi Michel, minoxidil didn't really worsen my hairline much. Maybe it did make my hairline slightly worse in the beginning; but it wasn't very visible. After the first month/month and a half of use I had visible dormant hairs growing; which are visible in the September 2015 photo. I recommend that you continue using minoxidil for atleast 2 more months - you should see some regrowth. Also, I have been using both finasteride and minoxidil; which supposedly increases the chances of hair regrowth. I'd recommend the combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you applying minoxidil to only your hairline?

Yep; only to the corners of my hairline. I wasn't losing any hair any where else (my crown seemed fine) so it wasn't necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Right on. Currently I'm mentally prepared to be taking these meds for the rest of my life haha.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -
thx for your answer man . I'm a little bit lost right now . because ive been on propecia for almost 19 month before starting minoxidil !!

My hair was like you at the beginning , Norwood 1,25 with vellu hair ,i thought propecia alone would help me , but after 19 month i was a strong Norwood 2,5 . **** . :ermm:

So now after 3 month of minoxidil twice a day , my hairline is worse despite some vellu hair .

But i stick with it, you're comment give me hope .

Allantint

Reaction score
Hey man! Just wondering, where did you get the finasteride from? Or do you know a place i can get it without prescription?

Diego96

Reaction score
Hey man! Just wondering, where did you get the finasteride from? Or do you know a place i can get it without prescription?
Sorry about the late response, been caught up with uni. I had to visit a dermatologist and get a prescription for finasteride. I'm not sure if you can get it without prescription here in Australia.