1 year on Propecia. Shedding made me near enough bald.

baldymonk

Reaction score
finasteride can accelerate your hairloss bro, worst feeling ever when it happens. Accelerated mine permanently. Some people just respond terribly to it.

I gutted it out for such a long period.

I am thinking about just stopping Propecia and seeing what happens.

My main problems during early years of balding and middle part was not cleaning the scalp properly.
My scalp has not felt any better than it does now. I wash it properly now (in the last two years)! But propecia gives me a bit of brain fog, makes me temper sometimes so I know this drug is actually doing something but every wash i get balder. (every two days) plus propecia didn't give me the sexual side effect. It was the opposite.

It's rapid.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

My main problems during early years of balding and middle part was not cleaning the scalp properly.
My scalp has not felt any better than it does now. I wash it properly now (in the last two years)! But propecia gives me a bit of brain fog, makes me temper sometimes so I know this drug is actually doing something but every wash i get balder. (every two days) plus propecia didn't give me the sexual side effect. It was the opposite.

It's rapid.

I got the "opposite" of the usual sexual sides as well, I had increased libido, rock-hard boners like never before, along with increased oiliness, scalp itch and massively accelerated balding. People with the sexual sides usually are great responders hair-wise.

It's a tough decision on whether to stop or not. I tried to ride out the sides for 2 months but they didn't dissipate...I've been off it for 6 months now and the sides are just progressively getting worse.

baldymonk

Reaction score
I've stopped. Been a few days now. I sometimes wish I did get the sexual side effects. Like you said it seems those are usually are great responders.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the "opposite" of the usual sexual sides as well, I had increased libido, rock-hard boners like never before, along with increased oiliness, scalp itch and massively accelerated balding. People with the sexual sides usually are great responders hair-wise.

It's a tough decision on whether to stop or not. I tried to ride out the sides for 2 months but they didn't dissipate...I've been off it for 6 months now and the sides are just progressively getting worse.

Come one man, that's some broscience right there.

I'm sorry finasteride never worked out though.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come one man, that's some broscience right there.

I'm sorry finasteride never worked out though.

Yeah it is to be fair, I don't have anything to back that up. That's just a theory of mine from what I've read and seen:

Increased libido, sebum production, acne etc. all point to increased sensitivity to DHT/Test = bad for hair
Decreased libido, dryer skin, "hypogonadal" symptoms all point to decreased sensitivity to DHT/Test = good for hair

johndilly

Reaction score
THERE IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST TAKING PROPECIAP

It's rapid.

Dude, you should continue to take propecia while using rogaine. Cut out all soy, gluten, wheat, dairy, red meat and other ****ty food products. Increase your vegetable and fruit diet and decrease meat diet. And NOFAPPING

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

xfade

Reaction score
Dude, you should continue to take propecia while using rogaine. Cut out all soy, gluten, wheat, dairy, red meat and other ****ty food products. Increase your vegetable and fruit diet and decrease meat diet. And NOFAPPING
Decrease meat? Isn't protein good for your hair?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I just don't get why after a year things just go haywire. Same sh** happened to me.. I did see some regrowth, but go damn.. I have pictures of the massive loss in density and like you, my scalp was 100% visible. My hairline is torn so hard now though and after waiting it out 10 months after the shed, I decided not to refill my script on finasteride these past two weeks..

Did you have any pain in the scalp when you shed dude??

pepgea

Reaction score

You can get really good and healthy protein from salmon, eggs, etc. plus some good vitamins too and you avoid all that crap in red meat specially processed ones

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm 90% vegetarian, but do eat meat every once and a while and when I do, it's a large amount because I am usually at the Brazilian rodizio (bbq). And let me tell you, my libido goes through the roof for a few days after consuming meat. I don't know exactly if it is good or bad for the hair, but at least for me, meat alters your hormone levels.

- - - Updated - - -

just want to add: http://www.theland.com.au/news/agriculture/cattle/beef/russia-refuses-australian-beef/2682889.aspx

Traces of the steroid trenbolone found in beef imported to russia. US cattle are also implanted with trenbolone before slaughter to help keep their weight. Tren is a well known steroid in the bodybuilding community.