1 Year On finasteride Alone (photos Attached Below)

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, all. It has been a while since I've posted on here. I started Finasteride on May 11, 2016, at age 21. I had a receding hairline, slight bald spot starting and shedding hair like a feline. I'll share some photos below with their dates. The "before photos" are from December 2015 to May 11, 2016, and the after photos are from May 11, 2017 and more recently.

Essentially, Finasteride immediately stopped my shedding (although I have had periods of heavy sheds over the last year; nothing abnormal and they don't last for more than a few weeks at a time). My hairline has mixed results. While I still don't have a great hairline, I would say it has marginally improved. It may not be noticeable in the photos I provide but the texture of my hair and how it behaves has improved greatly (check out the side-by-side comparison shots; the left photo is the best I could make it sit with long hair; the after was the best I could make it sit with about the same length hair 1 year later. So much improvement). While my hairline isn't exactly how I'd like it to be (and may never be), it's now manageable in such a way that it can look completely fine, even with pretty short hair. That wouldn't have been possible before Finasteride.

My crown is where the magic happened for sure. I only regret not having taken more before photos. Sorry, the rather close photo of my crown from May 11, 2016, is all I have. But I think you can tell there was major improvement. When I have some heavy sheds now and again, the spot will turn up a little bit, but it's NEVER as bad as it was a year ago, and most days I can't really notice anything even in the most severe lighting.

Comments, questions, complaints, concerns?

Attachments

• May11(Day1)4.jpg
    May11(Day1)4.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 8,206
  • June2017.jpg
    June2017.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 7,362
  • Dec2015.jpg
    Dec2015.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7,687
  • June2017.jpg
    June2017.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7,659
  • Hair comparisons 1 year.png
    Hair comparisons 1 year.png
    849.5 KB · Views: 23,533
  • July2017wet.jpg
    July2017wet.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 7,672
  • June2017profile.jpg
    June2017profile.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7,654

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also these. The May 11, 2016, photo is longer hair than the July 2017, if you can believe that. Just shows how differently my hair behaved before and after finasteride.

Attachments

• May112016.jpg
    May112016.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 4,566
  • July2017.jpg
    July2017.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,828

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
man you are lucky .
you got great crown regrowth !
ony using 1 mg propecia ? you noticed it during the first month ?

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man you are lucky .
you got great crown regrowth !
ony using 1 mg propecia ? you noticed it during the first month ?

I've been on a 5mg finasteride that I cut up into quarters, so 1.25mg/day. I get it from Walmart for $9 and it lasts me about 4 months (if you live in the US, check into that. It's great). I've been on finasteride for about 14 months now, but yes, I actually did start to notice the shedding and some crown regrowth as early as the first month or month and a half. It was crazy how fast that happened. But since then, it's been incremental regrowth in the crown (still solid), and my hairline has actually had the best response since about October 2016 or so. Hope that helps, and thanks for the comment!

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good improvement mate, just from the hair style you can tell, your before shots are exactly what happens to all our hair styles after significant thinning, it just becomes unstylable and limp, you hair is far from that now! Just with finasteride too, that's awesome!

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good improvement mate, just from the hair style you can tell, your before shots are exactly what happens to all our hair styles after significant thinning, it just becomes unstylable and limp, you hair is far from that now! Just with finasteride too, that's awesome!

Thanks, my friend! It's nice to know that other people see what I see. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: Oro

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like see to see succes stories like this! Awesome improvement man, finasteride
is truly a miracl drug for some. Enjoy it!

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words. Hope for as fine or better results for you all.

Bryn Hammond

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, all. It has been a while since I've posted on here. I started Finasteride on May 11, 2016, at age 21. I had a receding hairline, slight bald spot starting and shedding hair like a feline. I'll share some photos below with their dates. The "before photos" are from December 2015 to May 11, 2016, and the after photos are from May 11, 2017 and more recently.

Essentially, Finasteride immediately stopped my shedding (although I have had periods of heavy sheds over the last year; nothing abnormal and they don't last for more than a few weeks at a time). My hairline has mixed results. While I still don't have a great hairline, I would say it has marginally improved. It may not be noticeable in the photos I provide but the texture of my hair and how it behaves has improved greatly (check out the side-by-side comparison shots; the left photo is the best I could make it sit with long hair; the after was the best I could make it sit with about the same length hair 1 year later. So much improvement). While my hairline isn't exactly how I'd like it to be (and may never be), it's now manageable in such a way that it can look completely fine, even with pretty short hair. That wouldn't have been possible before Finasteride.

My crown is where the magic happened for sure. I only regret not having taken more before photos. Sorry, the rather close photo of my crown from May 11, 2016, is all I have. But I think you can tell there was major improvement. When I have some heavy sheds now and again, the spot will turn up a little bit, but it's NEVER as bad as it was a year ago, and most days I can't really notice anything even in the most severe lighting.

Comments, questions, complaints, concerns?

Omg this is amazing. During the sheds my hair retreated at the temple a bit will that sheded area return?

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg this is amazing. During the sheds my hair retreated at the temple a bit will that sheded area return?

Thanks for your comment. The temple area is a bit of a mystery to me. From my own experience, I *think* airs are returning, but it's honest really hard to tell. If they are coming back, it's not at a very impressive rate. If they're not, I can't tell that either so at least it's holding. If I had to guess, I would say finasteride at least stabilizes the area, if it doesn't help regrow much.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Do you consider yourself a diffuser? I feel like I see diffusion in the wet hair pic, but then again its a wet hair pic....

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you consider yourself a diffuser? I feel like I see diffusion in the wet hair pic, but then again its a wet hair pic....

I'm actually not a diffuser even though the wet photo definitely looks that way. It's kind of odd. But yeah, while the hair on top wasn't super thick prior to starting finasteride, it wasn't anything to worry about and I still had full coverage there. It was the crown and hairline that was starting to leave me.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any side effects ?

Not really. In the first month or so I noticed the slightest testicular pain (so slight that I wonder if it was unrelated entirely; I don't know) and ED for like a couple weeks. That made me slightly nervous but it went away after my body got used to the medication. After a month or so, no sides whatsoever. Forget what the naysayers naysay, this is a great medication worth trying. If it doesn't help some folks that much, that's unfortunate, but it's definitely worth trying.

Also, I get mine at Walmart for $9 every four months. It's a fantastic deal and I want every man in the US to know about it.

Nielrf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results. My major problem is in the crown. I am really motivated to keep on my regimen. I hope I see some improvement in 6 months or 1 year, but since I started taking Finpecia and Minoxidil about 2 weeks ago shedding has stopped which is weird. Most of people say shedding during the first weeks is a good sign. So I don't know maybe I'm the opposite.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results.. did you notice any weight gain or fat around the abdominal area?

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results.. did you notice any weight gain or fat around the abdominal area?

I didn't notice a weight change at all from finasteride. I've probably lost 15 pounds since I got on it, but that's more to do with my avid running and change to a vegetarian diet than anything else.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please take an update picture maybe?

Sure thing. These are from today (August 18, 2017). My crown saw most of its improvement in the first like two or three months on finasteride (basically last summer). Since then, it's remained as it is, which is fine. There's only a slight small spot in the harshest of sunlight (no light in my house can really show it). The hairline had the opposite happen to it. I saw no results for like a year and now just over the last few months I've really started to tell the difference. Not a huge difference but enough for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_7053.jpg
    IMG_7053.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,284
  • IMG_7054.jpg
    IMG_7054.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,014
  • IMG_7058.jpg
    IMG_7058.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,137