1 Year On finasteride Alone (photos Attached Below)

Nielrf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! your story has motivated me to stick with my regimen because my hair loss is 80 percent in crown (and I don't know why). My temples are like NW2 but my crown is NW4 and it made my hair loss really obvious and noticable.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking quite wispy on that head of yours fella. Gonna need a visit to Rahal soon.

haha Yeah, I better schedule an appointment pronto.

Thank you! your story has motivated me to stick with my regimen because my hair loss is 80 percent in crown (and I don't know why). My temples are like NW2 but my crown is NW4 and it made my hair loss really obvious and noticable.

I find that the crown is probably the quickest and easiest to reverse if you hop on finasteride and maaaaaybe a topical as soon as possible. I generally avoid topicals (except shampoo/conditioner obviously) because they don't change the chemistry from the inside, they just alter what's going on from the outside. But at the very least get on finasteride. If it's mostly the crown, you'll probably have a lot of success. If the hairline and temples get too far gone, it can be a fruitless effort. But if you find a good price, it's worth trying anyway. Good luck to you!

Nielrf

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha Yeah, I better schedule an appointment pronto.

I find that the crown is probably the quickest and easiest to reverse if you hop on finasteride and maaaaaybe a topical as soon as possible. I generally avoid topicals (except shampoo/conditioner obviously) because they don't change the chemistry from the inside, they just alter what's going on from the outside. But at the very least get on finasteride. If it's mostly the crown, you'll probably have a lot of success. If the hairline and temples get too far gone, it can be a fruitless effort. But if you find a good price, it's worth trying anyway. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your words. I am at the beginning. 3 weeks on Finasteride 1mg everyday and Minoxidil twice a day. I hope I can recover my hair in crown or at least keep my current hair.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure thing. These are from today (August 18, 2017). My crown saw most of its improvement in the first like two or three months on finasteride (basically last summer). Since then, it's remained as it is, which is fine. There's only a slight small spot in the harshest of sunlight (no light in my house can really show it). The hairline had the opposite happen to it. I saw no results for like a year and now just over the last few months I've really started to tell the difference. Not a huge difference but enough for sure.
Great results man. Lucky you got such thick eyebrows too. Sucks having hair loss and eyebrow loss both while on finasteride.....sh*t hair loss genes from somewhere I guess