1 year on 0.25 mg finasteride still losing!

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride 0.25 and still losing ground. Upped the dose to 1.25 mg and have been taking it for a month. My hair is getting worse and worse. shouldnt i at least maintain???

using minoxidil also.

Where to go from here?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think give it another few months, if it doesn't stabilise, try Dutasteride.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
something that is really frustrating is that my hair stops grow at like 3 cm. So i cant to **** with it

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a good sign brah. Shows your hair has reduced length of cycles and ability to thrive/grow as normal. Personally I would really think about Dutasteride as one last throw of the dice. Have you got money for a transplant down the line?

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
its been like this for like 3-4 years. That it stops at a certain lenght. Yes i do got money for hair transplant.

g.i joey

Reaction score
.25 isnt enough for most people, no matter what the studies say. .25 is ideal for someone in their late 30s, early 40's who have had less than 10 years of hairloss. If you check out ********************** you see some men got success with .25mg finasteride and minoxidil. This is not the case for us young hairloss sufferers, we need more. .5-1mg is ideal for us, 1.25 is perfect too.

- - - Updated - - -

hair restoration network

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
i will continue on 1.25mg. Hopefully my hair will get stable so it will at least grow longer!

@CMP1

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me mate! Sack of Finasteride - it didn't do **** and I was on it for 14 months - my hairline just got worse and worse.

Im now on dutasteride and i think its all stopped..... 5 months in!

40yearold

Reaction score
I've just joined as I was on dutasteride for 2.5 years. I would agree giving it a try as long as you don't get sides or they are low enough for you to manage with.

Stupidly I got a bit slack with the 0.5/daily I was taking and stopped for what I thought would be a short break not long in to 2015. Around 8 weeks ago I noticed the density of my hair looked like it had dramatically decreased overnight. Growth was a lot slower too with a 1 week haircut now amounting to 3 weeks to have similar amounts chopped off.

I checked my account with my supplier and saw my last 100 tablet order was 10 months previous and I still had 20 or so left. That's nearly 8 months with no dutasteride. Got straight back on it but I cannot believe what I have seen in the last few weeks. All hair on the the top of my head miniaturized / whole scalp is showing through and though I've been back on the dutasteride for at least 6-7 weeks it doesn't look like there is any signs of reversal yet. I'm freaking out by how quickly it has gone. I'm going to have to buzz-cut from now on to try and hide how badly it has been ravaged.

I can't believe how much I underestimated the work the dutasteride was doing and got complacent that it would be a long / slow reversal which I would be able turn again when the time came.

Ludox

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for the past 3 years and maybe it worked a bit, but i'm still losing my hair.

I'm thinking about starting dutasteride once a week.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
so guys now its been a couple of month on 1.25 mg finasteride. And before that about 6-9 months on 0.25 mg. I feel that my hair is still getting thinner. The crown is not getting better.

Time to switch to dutasteride? What do you saY?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think .25 is enough finasteride to maintain, and only a month on 1.25 is not nearly long enough to determine if it is effective.

foranni

Reaction score
That's a shame, in my case I've been around 7 months now and I think my hair is beggining not to fall

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
you have to take pics, otherwise it's hard to judge, some day it look worse, other days looks better, i can evaluate my Androgenetic Alopecia only with monthly pics

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
so how long should i give 1.25 before i judge it?

before it i was on 0.25 3-5 days a week for about 1 year.

- - - Updated - - -

jsut found out that ive been on 1-1.25mg since may 2015. So almost 7 months. should i give it at least 12 months?