1 year and 3 months with this system.. and still ON

Jalal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

just wanted to share a quick story to let you know it’s possible to make you system last long enough if you take care of it.

I bought this lace system June 2020 and I’m still using it right now, which is around 1 year and 3 months. A month ago a small tear appeared on the front, so I did a small cut around it to prevent it from spreading as you can see on the pic. I’d be interested to know which type exactly of lace system is it, if any experts can give their opinion :) thanks!

It took me lot of trial and error to get a proper routine, but this is my current routine:
- I reinstall it each 10 days on average as that’s when the tape starts to melt.. also I practice sports 6 times a week so that’s maybe why I don’t get the 3 weeks that Walkers Tape advertise on their product.
- I use C22 for cleaning it, and Walkers Tape Release to release it
- I only rince/wash it with cold/slightly warm water
- Shampoo: OGX Argan oil of Morocco shampoo
- Conditioner: OGX Argan oil of Morocco conditioner
- I wash it (with shampoo) while installed maybe each 5 days, sometimes less
- I don’t cover all the poly surface with tape, I space out the tape bits maybe by 3-4cm, so it’s 3 tape bits on the front, 2 right side, 2 left side and 1 or 2 on the back. I found that it helps with evacuating sweat
- I use a dry hair conditioner by Quintessence, although not very regularly
- i spend lot of time under the sun in the summer so I try to use a hat or bandana where possible, but still the color became quite bright. It was dark 1B
- obviously it got less dense in general, and some areas in particular are more empty than others: those from where I brush the hair. But it’s still more than reasonable.

Most advice I got them from Noah and BaldBearded, big up guys!
I think that’s all which is useful to say about it
Any questions let me know and good luck!

448B4034-DD0A-42B8-9CFB-D0B5689CBB56.jpeg

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do all of those things and no way I can get more than 6 months without the hair looking terrible. At the 4 month mark the shedding starts and the colour fades. I dye the hair so that the colour looks OK, but eventually the shedding makes the system look awful at 6 months.

To be fair I am happy with 6 months, but a year would be nice!

However, the longer you leave it, the more of a shock the new system will be when it's on your head.

Noah

Reaction score
Great story, Jalal! It still looks in pretty good shape, and nipping the tear in the bud was smart. I think your practice of only shampooing every 5 days, the argan oil products, and keeping the unit protected from the sun are at least part of the secret of your success!

It looks like French lace with a thinskin perimeter.

Noah

Jalal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good result and advice. Love the spacing the tape concept. Thanks for taking the time to share.
How long have you been wearing?
you're welcome!
my first system was from july 2019 to june 2020 (skin system)
my second is the one above, june 2020 to now

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use tape actually so that doesn't happen... but i'm sure this issue have been dealt with somewhere in this forum
Tape is glue...It's simply attached to a piece of plastic.

Jalal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tape is glue...It's simply attached to a piece of plastic.
sure.. I guess before the tape melts that issue doesn't occur
even when it melts, it doesn't happen to me that glue residue inbetween lace holes, as it stays on the poly surface