1 week into finasteride. Do I need rogaine??

onelifeonewar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's been a week since starting finasteride at 1mg/day.

Been browsing this forum for a while. My question is do I absolutely need rogaine as well? My hair started thinning in the top front and I hope it stops and actually regrows somewhat. I would like robust stay on finasteride. I've seen both answers being "yes finasteride has helped and regrew" and "you need rogaine as well" scattered around the net. I'm curious what you guys think? Or if someone who only takes finasteride can help answer this for me. Thanks!

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a pain to apply. Give it six months. It you wanna try for more regrowth and are willing to commit, give it a shot

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's been a week since starting finasteride at 1mg/day.

Been browsing this forum for a while. My question is do I absolutely need rogaine as well? My hair started thinning in the top front and I hope it stops and actually regrows somewhat. I would like robust stay on finasteride. I've seen both answers being "yes finasteride has helped and regrew" and "you need rogaine as well" scattered around the net. I'm curious what you guys think? Or if someone who only takes finasteride can help answer this for me. Thanks!
Its best to always wait to see how well you do with finasteride on its own. If you add it now, you will never know what treatment is actually working better for you. Wait at least 6 months as the other poster mentioned and see how you are doing.

onelifeonewar

Reaction score
Great, thanks guys! I will stick to finasteride throughout the 6 months to a year period and hope for the best. I've read a lot of good things about taking finasteride alone as it's the stronger option so hopefully it stops the thinning even a little bit and helps thicken up a bit!