1 Mg finasteride - 9th Month Update

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from dutasteride i was going to take it too but if Proscar made things worse for me like this diffuse $#iT then dutasteride will do more damage.

Two different drugs. Some people get results on dutasteride but not finasteride. I think it's worth a shot.

Im at month 13 and my hair was shedding like hell for the last 3 months. I'd wake up and there be 50+ hairs on the pillow. The last 5 days i've only counted about 20 hairs and some are short so they could be from the sides. I'm hoping this is the end of the shed and things will regrow but if the hair loss starts up again im jumping ship to dutasteride.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyhow I trust "uncle sam" over "uncle punjabi"

What a splendid line of serene, well thought and elaborated piece of mind work.

bluntman

Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
First of all I am no supporter of big business in the states, but understand capitalism son. Merck does not "jack up" their prices anymore then any other drug company in America. They spent millions to develop this product so just allowing a generic maker into the market, who do not have the same up front research costs as Merck, to come in and profit is insane. Understand the situation before coming out with your sophmoric college student comments.
finasteride is certainly a drug that needs to be regulated and distributed by doctors. The situation with Cipla is sad frankly. Cipla is not properly regulated and there are examples of online sellers profiting from the sale of fake drugs made to look like Cipla products. There is a potential for side effects with this drug, so you must have your doctor involved. Our gov't needs to do better, however, the solution does not lie in destroying the American patent process. finasteride is a drug for appearance only and has no other medical use, therefor, consumers who want to use this product should pay some sort of premium. Our current patent system is the fairest solution to date. They are allowed to make $$ for a few years in order to justly profit from their up front research costs and this process keeps business striving to find the next wonder product because they know they will be protected, by the patent process, for their work.

Maybe Jack up was the wrong phrase, but the prices are undoubtedly high. Profits of these pharmy companies are usually 4 or 5x the cost or R&D. Im sure its not only merck who tries to profit greatly off of their medicine, but in fact the whole industry. I dont claim to be a patent law expert or anything, but when people are in need and cant afford medication something is fundamentally wrong, especially when profits are as high as they are. Look at what is going on in africa for example, millions are dying of the aids epidemic but the US drug companies still wont allow generic versions to go out on the market because of patent laws. Cipla is actually providing generic forms of the aids treatment.

These drug companies spend insane amounts of $ to lobby gov for patent extensions and other permissive provisions that help their cause. I agree with you that allowing generics onto the market immediatley would undermine all the R&D a company spent and motivation, but some people cannot wait 11 years (usual time for a patent) for a generic to come onto the market; especially if the illness is serious enough.