1 Mg finasteride - 9th Month Update

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning all over. Got a haircut today.. top incredibly thin. I'm at the point where even though my hairloss isnt visable in 'patches'.. i just cant style it anymore, the hair falls limp. Overall density seems to have decreased by almost half. I touch scalp the second i take my hand through my hair. Sides and back including nape incredibly thin but still not 'visable'. during this 9th month i've lost quite alot of thin vellus looking hair, sometimes had to look twice to even notice a hair. I would say finasteride is definitely not working for me because losing vellus at the 9th month mark isnt what i was expecting and absolutely zero decrease in shedding.

So far , shedding has stayed the same throughout these 9 months and losing a good 50-70 hair in the shower, another dozen or so while brushing and another dozen on the pillow.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
that's frustrating. i'm a diffuser and i've been on finasteride for 10 months. no decrease in daily loss, no increase in growth. i've also been seeing a lot of really thin hairs lately. i've been hoping they are hairs on their way in, and not on their way out.

however, despite still losing the same amount of hairs, i don't know that my hair has decreased in overall density that much. some days it seems thick, some days it seems thinner. with diffuse thinning it's hard to track loss.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
tell me about it.. it took 3 years of shedding 50-70 hair for my thinning to become obvious to me, and if my hair is still getting thinner on finasteride then i'm guessing it just wont work. I'm thinning diffusely too and seeing all this hair everywhere for 9 months straight in a row is incredibly frustrating.

like you, sometimes during these 9 months my hair would seem ok, and the rest of the days (majority) would seem really thin and unmanageable. when my hair was wet if i brushed them back i'd get an elvis fluff at the front. now when i brush back my hair slicks back and sticks to my head as if i've put a ton of gel in it.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would wait another 3 months to give it a full year and if you don't see any improvement then switch to dutasteride.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd be hesitant to start dutasteride unless other diffusers reported gains. i don't remember seeing any. though, i guess there comes a point when you have no other choice. seems like diffusers get the short end of the stick.

though, when hm does come out, we can just get touch ups to increase the density behind our perfect hairlines ;)

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yep same hear, been on finasteride for over 1 year and hair only got diffuse after starting the finasteride plus i think i got mild gyno, a fuckin fatter face, and my skin and muscle are more loose than before. Im officially off finasteride and im going the spironolactone, Revivogen, Spin Trap C, Xandrox root. Also Immortal hairs natural supplements like Flax Lignans, Beta-Sis, Green Tea Extract,ect. I tired denying these symptoms but they are a reality. I used to be rock hard and have flat hard pecks before this sh*t. Saw Palmetto started the problem and finasteride just contributed. Beware of Saw Palmetto there have been studies showing it grows breat tissue in woman so i could and did do the very same thing slightly to me.

I would stay away from dutasteride i was going to take it too but if Proscar made things worse for me like this diffuse sh*t then dutasteride will do more damage. I think 5% spironolactone Cream, Nizoral, Revivogen, Spin Trap C, and Xandrox would be a good treatment and an overkill treatment that attacks male pattern baldness from all the angles. Also im going to re-add the laser comb but the cheam home made version.

dorianyates

Reaction score
When you say your on "finasteride" for 9 months do you mean overseas generic or authentic Propecia?

If its generics your on... they are actually illegal in North America and may not be 100% pure..How do you know?

I would try authenic Propecia for 1 full year before you draw any further conclusions.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, mate. Anyway, stay for a year, just in case. Then try a different thing, there are so many treatments out there these days....

This is just a battle, you haven´t lose the war...

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
authentic or not.. both generic and brand name contain 1 mg of finasteride and thats all that matters.

dorianyates

Reaction score
Hawaii male said:
authentic or not.. both generic and brand name contain 1 mg of finasteride and thats all that matters.

First off..how do you define generic? there is no legally generic finisteride product available. There are however "finisteride" products fom India that are available. The question is ...do you trust that or not?

Until a legal generic finasteride comes out I would only trust the real stuff(Propecia) that has gone through the checks and balances of the FDA and so on. Last thing I want to do is put DOPE from a third world nation in my body..No thanks.

bluntman

Reaction score
Untl the merck patent is over, there will not be any other generics or other forms of finasteride on the market. Right now Merck has the perfect monopoly and can jack its prices up high, even though making the medication itself costs much much less.

The pharmacuetical industry here in the US does a fantastic job in lobbying the government, and for the most part controls the policy on the industry itself. It is just rediculous. anyways sorry for the rant. im a political science major

dorianyates

Reaction score
How do you know the stuff from the third world is of the same quality and exact chemical structure? The fact is you don't. Period.

bluntman

Reaction score
your right you dont know for sure.

I just personally think that the gov. puts profits before the diseases. India is shooting out of the third world with rapid growth in science based industries, and it has world wide respect and confidence. Inida has unique patent laws that allow medication to made as long as it is done under a different process, this doesnt mean that monkey are putting this stuff together. There is a much larger incentive to become more accredited in the eyes of the world, than there is to f*** over people that need medication.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

First of all I am no supporter of big business in the states, but understand capitalism son. Merck does not "jack up" their prices anymore then any other drug company in America. They spent millions to develop this product so just allowing a generic maker into the market, who do not have the same up front research costs as Merck, to come in and profit is insane. Understand the situation before coming out with your sophmoric college student comments.
finasteride is certainly a drug that needs to be regulated and distributed by doctors. The situation with Cipla is sad frankly. Cipla is not properly regulated and there are examples of online sellers profiting from the sale of fake drugs made to look like Cipla products. There is a potential for side effects with this drug, so you must have your doctor involved. Our gov't needs to do better, however, the solution does not lie in destroying the American patent process. finasteride is a drug for appearance only and has no other medical use, therefor, consumers who want to use this product should pay some sort of premium. Our current patent system is the fairest solution to date. They are allowed to make $$ for a few years in order to justly profit from their up front research costs and this process keeps business striving to find the next wonder product because they know they will be protected, by the patent process, for their work.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride is finasteride.

i'm using a generic but i've had the libido sides.. the shedding.

plus, its being marketted by merck in my country so it has their approval.

hoit

Reaction score
they have drugs regulations in the third world too. you can't just stick 1mg of charcoal in a tablet and hope no one notices, that sh*t gets tested.

finasteride isn't just used for hairloss remember, cipla could never get away with doling out placebos.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If Cipla or any other company markets fake drugs, the affaire would be world-wide announced and denounced, first page in every media. For sure.

Pharmaceuticals are a big lobby, and those companies are making them lose money. If they find the minimal irregularity they´ll attack with all the heavy weaponry.

It´s not like chinese fabrication processes, you cannot make a "less quality" cheaper drug. finasteride is finasteride, and they make it, equally as Merck makes it.

I totally rely on those companies, in fact I´m gonna order my next finasteride box from them.

dorianyates

Reaction score
splint said:
sry bit off topic but India is not a 3rd world country :)

If India is not...I don't know what is!

Anyhow I trust "uncle sam" over "uncle punjabi"
I am not gonna keep on this. Have a nice day.

Peace