1-2 Hairs On My Hand, Is This Abnormal?

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. I am 27.

Whenever I put my hand through my hair I have 1 or 2 hairs on my hand. Is this abnormal?

I know that my hair is thinner (diffuse) than my teen days but I am happy with my current density. So I am not sure if I should use Finasteride or not. I am not sure if this normal shedding or not . Can anyone help and give me his opinion

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A normal, non balding guy can shed up to 100 hairs per day. If you experience itching, density reduction or your hair gets thinner/lighter in colour you might want to do something about it.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A normal, non balding guy can shed up to 100 hairs per day. If you experience itching, density reduction or your hair gets thinner/lighter in colour you might want to do something about it.
The problem is that I am happy with my current density. I am not sure if the amount of hair I am losing warrants the use of finasteride, I mean are there any tests or a way to do to know whether the hair loss is extreme and needs finasteride or it is just part of the normal "100 hairs per day"?

Thanks for the reply

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the hair you lose each day. If you notice too many miniaturized hair you should see a dermatologist. If not, it can't hurt to softly massage your scalp everyday and use nizoral shampoo. It might help preventing or slowing down your hair loss and making your hair grow faster and healthier.