zones with no hairloss over the head are no seborrheics.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMP zonas de seborrea segun Sabouraud.jpg

Very interesting image from study of Sabouraud. The sides of scalp do not suffer from sebhorrea and no hairloss.
It fits with my theory ;)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
In few words: problems with sebum are the trigger of common baldness and the sides of the hair never suffer because it is impossible stop its flow.

inbrugge

Reaction score
Can you explain in more detail bro starting from scratch? What is sebhorrea and how is it tied to male pattern baldness? What cannot be stopped to flow? Thank you.

inbrugge

Reaction score
How does this information help any hair loss sufferer again?

It's a theory explaining an underlying factor between hair loss and scalp inflammation. if sebum is really a factor in male pattern baldness, then treating it would also potentially treat male pattern baldness

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is OP some kind of elaborate troll? Every post I've seen from him seems retarded. Probably the oldest member of this forum too

abcdefg

Reaction score
11 years on a hair loss forum and he still believes that natural cures work and that sebum is the cause of male pattern baldness.

To be fair the amount of concrete information on male pattern baldness is still pretty scarce if you think how long its been since propecia came out. That is where all this whacky random theory stuff comes from is just the big gap of knowledge that exists. Why does dutasteride not work for everyone? Why does head hair miniaturize to androgens but body hair grows? Are androgen receptor layouts in hair determined at birth or do they change over time or in response to androgens? No one knows most of the answers yet

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I take high doses of vitamin A suppressing my sebum to maybe 50%, if not more. I'm a slick NW5 (under my hair transplant).

This horse has been beaten to death, resurrected, and beaten to death again many times before. Sebum and hair loss are unrelated.

Sorry to get of the subject but my derm wanted to give me accutane to decrease sebumproduction on my face and scalp, I declined after reading all the bad reviews. I'm thinking of taking high doses of vitamin A instead, how much mg do you take Fred? No side effects?
Still have no clue how your body can change from dry normal skin and scalp to very oily skin and scalp (and hairloss) overnight, what in the hell triggered this nightmare? All I know is that I was very very stressed during that time, can stress trigger this? Maybe if I hadn't stressed , it wouldn't have happened. All these questions are just torturing me .

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
25000 IU per day but I think I decreased the dosage too much to see any substantial benefits.

I was taking 50000 IU a day when it was very efficient at reducing sebum. No side-effects at all.

I don't think stress is related to your condition. People blame stress for everything nowadays, including cancer.

thx for the info.

resu

Reaction score
Chicken or the egg? When hair loss is triggered the sebaceous glands get enlarged and over expressed.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chicken or the egg? When hair loss is triggered the sebaceous glands get enlarged and over expressed.

Yes, that can happen. Before I got on any legitimate treatments, my scalp would get so oily it would be like as if oil was rubbed on my head. My scalp was also super inflamed and sebum production was extremely excessive. Fortunately, using a Ketoconazole shampoo helped managed all those issues I was having and the anti-fungal medication helps to keep those problems I was having under control. Also, there are higher levels of Arachidonic Acid in a balding scalp than a non-balding one, which is a pro-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acid. Fortunately, Ketoconazole also helps to keep that under control and can shrink the sebaceous glands by over 20% actually.

Even after all that, my scalp was still a bit inflamed and get a little oily. However, when I added Dutasteride to treat my male pattern baldness, my scalp doesn't even get oily the slightest bit anymore, and my hair feels so much healthier now. All what we really need next is a PGD2 inhibitor, which could be Setipiprant, and from there a scalp that is Androgenetic Alopecia sensitive should be free from any unhealthy inflammation, since Prostaglandin D2 is also an inflammatory compound like DHT.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Let's imagine that replicel's stem cell transplants is a success. How can these stem cells grow into hair and/or survive in an inflamed skin ? Won't the whole miniaturizing process start over again?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not if they have the same configuration as the ones on the sides and back of the head, they won't.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think seb derm is just a byproduct of male pattern baldness where hairs miniaturize and then you start to see that oil buildup the hair produces except the hair is tiny and gone so its more noticeable. Its still just androgens and hormones that trigger it all to happen