Zix Results (Before and After Pics) from HLH

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
still_trying said:
techprof said:
I used to respect the zix guy Joe.

These days, he is selling penis enlargment, erection etc crap. Isn't it dangerous to sell azelaic acid in bulk?

Unfortunately I have to treat his zix as a scam.

a scam is when you charge horribly over the odds for something, putting little effort into it and trying to take quick reward without consequences for what happens.

I've read a lot from joe (the zix "Guy"), both from all his posts at HLH and via personal emails (i bought my zix kit from him). From my experience:
- he charges very modest prices, plus there's no way i could even have got some of the stuff in england. The time and money saved from buying from him was massive.
- he puts huge effort and care into advice and help with zix and super zix, always answering email questions, and up to a while ago forum questions. I think he stopped because of all the shti he got.
- he offers a full money back guarantee for any products he sold to you, so he is there to face conseuences.

A scam is when people charge $600 for a little piece of plastic with one laser put in, that coss less than 10 dollars to make. Or get you to pay thousands of pounds for laser treatment and saw palmetto pills (as some hair regrowth companies in london do).

i totally agree,
i've seen a lot a scam artists come and go, Joe is defenitly not a "scam guy"! He is sincere and takes a lot of time to answer all kind of questions (also ones not related to Zix)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
just coming across this post from 10 years ago.

I have been using original zix for 10 years with 3x zinc and double concentration. I have always bought my ingredients on amazon.

I have been using it for 11 or 12 years, and started after dropping finasteride and minoxidil after using it for 7.5 years. i am 150% convinced I would be bald without it. I am slowly losing it, and my hairline has recently been receding, but at 39, hair loss starting at 19, I have to say i am happy with my hair. I wish it was thick like Bradley cooper or what not, but I am also not interested in being on finasteride anymore.

I do blv finasteride was effective, but I stopped due to sides and never looked back. Zix has been a lifesaver imo. I have posts on HLH about it, name is worm there too.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried it with no succes ! I just mixed zinc sulphate, azelaic acid, and b6 p5p. But i read it's bad to use Zinc sulphate if you use minoxidil...

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it with no succes ! I just mixed zinc sulphate, azelaic acid, and b6 p5p. But i read it's bad to use Zinc sulphate if you use minoxidil...
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/bjd/2003/00000149/00000002/art00019
This is the study that the zix creator refered to on his website to support his opinion that zinc and minoxidil should not be used in conjunction.

1. The study used 1% pyrithione zix shampoo instead of zinc sulphate
2. The study said :

The relative increase in hair count for the 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo was slightly less than half that for the minoxidil topical solution and was essentially maintained throughout the 26-week treatment period. No advantage was seen in using both the 5% minoxidil topical solution and the 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo. A small increase in hair diameter was observed for the minoxidil-containing treatment groups at week 17.

It didn't seem to say "using zinc w/ minoxidil destroys the result of both"?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are not supposed to mix Azelaic acid into it. Joe specifially says it destabilizes it. My experience with AA, is not good. I would try without. Do you use distilled water? Ethyl Alcohol?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/bjd/2003/00000149/00000002/art00019
This is the study that the zix creator refered to on his website to support his opinion that zinc and minoxidil should not be used in conjunction.

1. The study used 1% pyrithione zix shampoo instead of zinc sulphate
2. The study said :

The relative increase in hair count for the 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo was slightly less than half that for the minoxidil topical solution and was essentially maintained throughout the 26-week treatment period. No advantage was seen in using both the 5% minoxidil topical solution and the 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo. A small increase in hair diameter was observed for the minoxidil-containing treatment groups at week 17.

It didn't seem to say "using zinc w/ minoxidil destroys the result of both"?

I heard from a few sources that minoxidil and zix have been sucessful in combination, even though on Joe's site he says otherwise.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
"natural" products often get a (well deserved) thrashing on here, but "natural" in context means hippy products with not even weak scientific evidence to back up or rationalize their usage.

Zinc is not one of those things - there are multiple studies backing up zinc's ability to inhibit 5AR in the skin WHEN APPLIED TOPICALLY. So yes its not surprising Zix works to whatever degree. You could probably get the same effect with Zinc pyrithione shampoo though. Problem with shampoos is people have a tendency to wash them out well before its had time to get absorbed. 30 minutes minimum IMO.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
"natural" products often get a (well deserved) thrashing on here, but "natural" in context means hippy products with not even weak scientific evidence to back up or rationalize their usage.

Zinc is not one of those things - there are multiple studies backing up zinc's ability to inhibit 5AR in the skin WHEN APPLIED TOPICALLY. So yes its not surprising Zix works to whatever degree. You could probably get the same effect with Zinc pyrithione shampoo though. Problem with shampoos is people have a tendency to wash them out well before its had time to get absorbed. 30 minutes minimum IMO.

I respectfully totally disagree, I've been using zinc pirithione (h&s) forever, and it never had anything close to the effect I get with zix

mowingdown

Reaction score
I respectfully totally disagree, I've been using zinc pirithione (h&s) forever, and it never had anything close to the effect I get with zix
So you still use Zix? Could you be a bit more specific in the way you apply it? do you use the whole 2oz or just a little? does it sit on your head all day etc.