Zits, from finasteride too much...

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a few posts about my use of finasteride and the breakout of huge red zits on my back already but things have gotten out of control.

I checked my back at the gym yesterday and it was just f*****g horrible. The breakouts have gotten worse, in the sense that they cover my whole back now instead of just the upper traps and shoulder areas. They are bigger to and take forever to go away.

i have also been alot more horny than I remember being in awhile. The only other downside is I have been getting some sensitivity in my left nipple but havent felt any bump forming, could be nothing. i dont want to quit taking finasteride but the acne is making me wonder what else might be going on with my hormones.

This really sucks as my hair is getting better and better all the time.

Stingray

Reaction score
I doubt they are from propecia. Seriously doubt in fact.

Zits on the back are more attributed to male development.

If you wish though, try stopping propecia for a while and see if it alleviates the situation.

And accutane is seriously God in a yellow pill.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
accutane is a miracle drug, I need something like that for hairloss....

coffee

Reaction score
i'm feeling the zits in a big way too ever since i started on the junk. crazy sh*t my man. i tell you though, i'm weary enough about messing with my hormones as it is. acutane is some seroius grub from what i hear.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
No, Im not cycling any juice yet and thats' why Im concerned. I never had breakouts this bad even while on testosterone or any other steroid for that matter. I dont want to add to the acne problem when I do start cycling anabolics.

To make things real simple, I was reading that Propecia Inhibits Type II alpha reductase but as a result, testosterone levels go up and so does the increase of Type I alpha reductase, which contiributes to the oily skin and increase in acne on the body(?) Can anyone else varify this?

Im attributing the acne increase to the Propecia simply because my skin was never, ever like this, prior to the drug. Plus, I already mentioned in a previous post that my strength has gone up considerably and my bodyweight has increased at a much faster rate than I can remember, without putting in as much effort as I have had to put in the past. Im only taking Propecia every second day.

Im asking about all this because I dont want to be dependant on other drugs like Accutane for clear skin.

If I absolutly have to, I'll try to get some Accutane but isnt hair loss another possible side effect from that drug? How long do I have to be on it? Do I cycle it? Thanks to everyone with some answers, im a virgin when it comes to acne drugs.

P.S. Got my Growth Hormone. Cant wait till february to see if it helps with the hair loss.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hairybush, zits on the back r generally not much to do with dht, im pretty sure. zits on the back r common during male development, especially when it comes to regular gym users. i know, i had the same problem. try taking a hand towel to the gym to wipe ur back well once or twice every time u go. change out of ur gym top asap after exercise. wash ur body twice a day (even if its just a case of taking off ur top, putting some water on ur hand and wiping ur hand over ur back). use a body wash like physio sport and rub it in well. try this consistently for 2 weeks, not too much effort, and im pretty sure ur situation will b at least fairly significantly better, i know it was for me.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Male development? Im 31. I hope Im developed by now. I have been showering more frequently but i mgoing to give it more time.

Why would my body start making more sits on my back now? I never had zits this bad, ever.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
hairybush - sorry i mean development as in muscle development. i never had spots on the back till i started doing heavier weights at the gym. seriously if u follow those steps im sure ull b better off. just shower once a day but wipe ur upper body with a wet towel a few times a day.

redbone - neutrogena bodywash is ur best bet.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually a few other guys have mentioned Neutragena(?) body wash on some bb sites. Im gonna pick some up today. thanks

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One piece of advice I have is to use a sponge and liquid soap. My xgirlfriend always told me to do that, because it "exfoliates the skin" and cleans better. I finally started when I got back to the states and on propecia in September of this year, and it has helped my backny bigtime.
I don't have it THAT badly, but before I would have from 5 to 10 zits on my back at any given time. Now I get pissed if I see 2 or 3.

There are also soaps to use for acny control.

Just a thought, if you aren't doing it already. Good luck.