Zit problems getting alot worse...

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
So about a month ago I posted about how bad my acne was getting on the back of my arms, back of neck and upper back.

Since then things have gotten alot worse and I cant stand the giant red hills dotting my upper body. I have never had an acne problem on these area's before in my life.

Can someone give me a little bit of their experience with Accutane because Im interested in using it to solve this crap.

Redbone

Reaction score
There is another product that is supposed to work well, I know Britney Spears and a few other celebs use it without endorsement, I cant think of the name right now, but could look it up for you.

Accutane can cause serious liver damage, BTW.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
What do I care? I ll be hitting up another bulking cycle this January and I'll be using milk thistle for the liver, while Im chewing on those yummy D-Bols. :lol:

Im hoping to get up to 230-235 this time.

G

Britney spears uses Proactive. My sister used that and it worked well for her for a couple years.

I had bad skin when I smoked pot and never washed my face but then I used:

Clearisel Face wash
Benzoyl Peroxide 5%

We use that every day and our skin is clear.

Redbone

Reaction score
Bush, why don't you man up and drop the shitty D-bol and get on a real cycle of Anadrol 50 and Anavar. Man up and hit that sh*t. That would put you over 250lbs.

Axon

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Accutane over the two courses of it in my life. It is, however, pricy - even the generic can run you into the $1,000 range for a full 5 month course.

It can be a dangerous drug, but I suffered no ill effects from it. The worst thing that happened was dry skin, lips, and sinus cavities.

Also, I highly suggest you stay away from booze while on it. Otherwise, I recommended it. It f*****g works - other products just don't.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Proactive is nothing more than glorified benzoil peroxide (2.5%). It's like buying into a hair regimen that uses minoxidil + all sorts of other natural supplements and shampoos at 3 times the price.

Try to see a derm. Body acne is probably tricky because topicals are hard and not entirely practical to apply. A round of antibiotics may help, but if its hormonal (started with finasteride.) then it might come back after you end them. Accutane does have serious side affects, but with monthly blood tests and monitoring I think that it's fairly safe. Of course, one of its side affects is (temporary) hair thinning :).

Any acne treatment will take around 3 months to fully kick in.

Stiles

Reaction score
I agree about the accutane. I had moderate acne about 10 years ago when I was 17. The dermatologist tried some different stuff, and it never really cleared up completely. Then he put me on accutane, or "the trump card", as he called it. It was powerful and worked awesome. You just have to be ready for some side effects. Basically, it just dries the hell out of you. Your skin gets really dry, which can be controlled with Lubriderm lotion or something like it. Also, the dry lips was really bad for me. Chapstick works to a certain extent, but my lips actually went through a "peeling" stage for a few weeks where they phyiscally were painful to the touch. I also got a few nose bleeds here and there. However, even given all that, I'd recommend it and I don't regret using it. This medicine flat out gets the job done. It cleared my skin up quite nicely. You'll also hear reports about people getting depressed while on it, but I didn't have that problem. I think some of that is just that people with bad acne tend to have low self esteem to start with.