zinc with finasteride and minoxidil

Jonathan 89

Reaction score
well been on propecia and minoxidil for 1 and a half months now, and ive noticed my sex drive has gone down a bit. im thinking about sex less and i dont get erections as much as i use to.

so i was thinking of starting taking zinc daily (50mg a day) and then i thought that it might cancel out the propecia that im taking, because zinc creates more testosterone.

wouldnt more testosterone mean more possible dht for propecia to get rid of?

EDIT: and if your wondering, i am 19.

Reaction score
Mega doses of zinc do nothing for your hair. High doses actually can do harm to your kidneys and cause genitourinary problems. Use no more than 20mg daily to be safe.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Intake of zinc should be kept to under 100 mg per day as larger amounts may result in nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness and hallucinations.It is best to take a zinc supplement separately from other minerals, especially iron, copper, manganese and calcium as they may interfere with zinc absorption. Some people take it at night, but some individuals may react by having an upset stomach if taken on an empty stomach. In a multi-vitamin situation, make sure that the zinc and iron is nearly in the same amounts.